Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck on first Polaris quest "Head of the Class"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
I've been trying to enter the room for a few minutes now, the one to talk to Lincoln, and the game just won't let me in. I just bought a membership (I tired to enter before--it said I needed one) and it's not letting me in. I have the quest and everything, nothing is blocking the door. Anything I can do? (I already relogged, changed realms, etc. and nothing is working)

Administrator
Hello,

Please send an email to support@wizard101.com for assistance with this issue.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
Um I am having the same I just got my membership two hours ago and I am trying to go in the room to complete my quest with my brother (lail rainbowspear) is there anyway you can help?

Administrator
Customer Support can help you if you send an email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
I got stuck also, and after reading Prof. Lydia's response, I sent a message to support, but have not yet heard back from them, nor have I received any automated reply acknowledging receipt of my message. I keep checking back every few hours, but the game will still NOT let me go in the doors to talk to Mr. Lincoln. How long does it take for support to get back to you? I want to get started in Polaris, and it seems like there's nothing I can do until support gets back to me.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
Vaxtinity on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
I've been trying to enter the room for a few minutes now, the one to talk to Lincoln, and the game just won't let me in. I just bought a membership (I tired to enter before--it said I needed one) and it's not letting me in. I have the quest and everything, nothing is blocking the door. Anything I can do? (I already relogged, changed realms, etc. and nothing is working)
im having the same problem

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
I am having the same problem. it works on my other wizard but not my other one. And no I don't want to send you an email I want you guys to just fix it!

Administrator
Caroline UnicornSo... on Dec 5, 2015 wrote:
I got stuck also, and after reading Prof. Lydia's response, I sent a message to support, but have not yet heard back from them, nor have I received any automated reply acknowledging receipt of my message. I keep checking back every few hours, but the game will still NOT let me go in the doors to talk to Mr. Lincoln. How long does it take for support to get back to you? I want to get started in Polaris, and it seems like there's nothing I can do until support gets back to me.
If you didn't receive an automatic reply with a ticket number, you didn't submit the help request properly.

You can also try using the Contact Us form here: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

If you do that, you must have a valid email address attached to your account or you won't receive a reply.

Once you've submitted the request and gotten an automatic ticket number, please wait 24-48 hours for a resolution.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Dec 6, 2015 wrote:
If you didn't receive an automatic reply with a ticket number, you didn't submit the help request properly.

You can also try using the Contact Us form here: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

If you do that, you must have a valid email address attached to your account or you won't receive a reply.

Once you've submitted the request and gotten an automatic ticket number, please wait 24-48 hours for a resolution.
Prof Greyrose,

The link you listed provides a tab "Contact Us" which depicts a different email address than what you listed earlier in the thread. To date, I have never received an automated ticket from sending a bug/issue to help@kingsisle.com

However, I have received KI replies from support@wizard101.com

My email is the correct one (since I receive all the promotion emails) and they don't go to junk folder. Just wanted to point out there is a difference in the level of support a player will receive in the different email addresses used.

Administrator
Both of those email addresses (and the contact form) are valid and will go to the same place so that you can get help from Customer Service.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Same here this is a very sad moment indeed I thought I would need to learn more to graduate. But Mr. Lincoln doesn't show up in Head Master Ambrose's Tower. I think you need to bring down the server, and fix it I have heard at least 50 people complain about this, so there might be much more who knows? What I want to know if they'll bring down the server and fix it so we can continue enjoying the game and go to Polaris.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
Prof Greyrose:
As I mentioned, I sent my email to the address you posted (support@wizard101.com) here earlier. After a day with no response I sent another email (to: help@kingsisle.com) to a different address that I located. It has been 3 DAYS now and I have not received any email back from either of those email addresses in a response form or an automatic reply form. Oran of Urz said he has never received a
reply from the help email, but has from the support email, in his post. I AM STILL WAITING.

I had some different problems in the past( approx. a year ago) and received PROMPT replies within a day from both of those emails, and I think Oran is right about the level of support that a player gets from each--"help" just informed me that they forwarded my email
to "support". In any case, my problem in the past was resolved right away. I can see that others are having the same problem, so it may
be that this is not a unique problem to just one player, and I did submit the info properly based on the advice you first posted here.

I am going to try a 3rd time to report this, using the "contact us" since it has been well over 48 hours and as far as I can tell, no one has tried to contact me (and my email address is valid) nor has the problem been corrected. What else is there left to do--ask for a refund for a membership that is not providing the service to a level 100 player? In the past, KI help was forthcoming, but it seems now that they can't meet the 24-28 range for replies any more, and that is disappointing.

Caroline UnicornSong.

Administrator
Caroline UnicornSo... on Dec 8, 2015 wrote:
Prof Greyrose:
As I mentioned, I sent my email to the address you posted (support@wizard101.com) here earlier. After a day with no response I sent another email (to: help@kingsisle.com) to a different address that I located. It has been 3 DAYS now and I have not received any email back from either of those email addresses in a response form or an automatic reply form. Oran of Urz said he has never received a
reply from the help email, but has from the support email, in his post. I AM STILL WAITING.

I had some different problems in the past( approx. a year ago) and received PROMPT replies within a day from both of those emails, and I think Oran is right about the level of support that a player gets from each--"help" just informed me that they forwarded my email
to "support". In any case, my problem in the past was resolved right away. I can see that others are having the same problem, so it may
be that this is not a unique problem to just one player, and I did submit the info properly based on the advice you first posted here.

I am going to try a 3rd time to report this, using the "contact us" since it has been well over 48 hours and as far as I can tell, no one has tried to contact me (and my email address is valid) nor has the problem been corrected. What else is there left to do--ask for a refund for a membership that is not providing the service to a level 100 player? In the past, KI help was forthcoming, but it seems now that they can't meet the 24-28 range for replies any more, and that is disappointing.

Caroline UnicornSong.
Please double check your email and spam folders. Customer support replied to your emails on Dec. 5 requesting more information from you, and never received a response.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Does anyone know how I can enter through the doors of merle ambrose's tower to speak to mr lincoln? On my other wizard it works but not this one. I have been trying now for days, and no luck entering still. Any ideas??

Administrator
WizardPlayer378 on Dec 9, 2015 wrote:
Does anyone know how I can enter through the doors of merle ambrose's tower to speak to mr lincoln? On my other wizard it works but not this one. I have been trying now for days, and no luck entering still. Any ideas??
We are working toward a resolution for this issue, but in the meantime you will need to contact customer support for help by sending an email to support@wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
Hello:
Well, they finally got me "unstuck" and sent me a message telling me to try it again, and if I had any problems to let them know. I have been able to get as far as the transformation into a dancing bear (in a tutu) in the Quest: Dance Revolution. The bear wishing to defect & leave Walruskberg tells you to follow onto the stage, so he can distract the Emperess while you sneak off. I tried and tried to follow, but it would not let me go through the doorway/curtain onto the stage behind the other bear. I had to stop, because it would not work no matter how I tried, so I sent an email using the reply to the email telling me they resolved the door issue in Merle's house. I sent it to the support address yesterday, December 10th, but as of this posting, I have not heard back.

I just wanted everyone to know that you may get stuck again, if not it the place I mentioned above, they maybe somewhere else. So keep contacting support when it happens. Here's hoping that they are quicker in fixing this than the last time...but perhaps there is a bug in the email system that has been delaying our reports of problems to them. I was so happy to have something new to do when Polaris came along, but these refusals to let you progress through the quests are most disappointing.

Caroline UnicornSong