Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two simple questions for pierce and wings of fate.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Hi!

I just wanted to ask how the pierce system works. I'm about to enter dragonspyre (just need to complete the tree of life) and in vision of having stronger enemy's, i'd like to prepare in case the pierce system comes in. Maybe it wont but i'd still like to know for future reference,

And as a second question, how did the wings of fate spell end up? I like the stats it gives (I read them in the update notes) But I haven't found a video on youtube to see it and I don't know if the wiki page for it is updated with the animation.

Thanks for the help!

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 48

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Also! Is there anyway to block the pierce effect (whatever the effect is)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
lifedude2002 on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
Hi!

I just wanted to ask how the pierce system works. I'm about to enter dragonspyre (just need to complete the tree of life) and in vision of having stronger enemy's, i'd like to prepare in case the pierce system comes in. Maybe it wont but i'd still like to know for future reference,

And as a second question, how did the wings of fate spell end up? I like the stats it gives (I read them in the update notes) But I haven't found a video on youtube to see it and I don't know if the wiki page for it is updated with the animation.

Thanks for the help!

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 48
Wings of Fate attacks all targets for 525 Life damage and heals all teammates for 525 health over 3 rounds. This spell costs 6 pips and one Shadow pip to cast.

Also pierce works like this

Let's say the opponent has 10 percent resistance to say fire school, then you cast a wand hit that does 100 fire damage and you have no universal boosts/blades/etc for fire school. Right now it would do 90 damage

Same case, but this time you have 10% pierce, pierce basically removes that from there resistance (or a shield that would apply to that attack if there is one) so your wand strike will now do 100 damage.

Example: If you have 50% pierce and your opponent is packing a -50% tower shield, there tower shield is now blocking 0% damage. But any further shields will still apply as normal

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Also there is no way to block the effect, it always applies

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Thank you! Know i get it. Pierce is gonna be something useful for me.

Also, about the wings of fate spell, I meant the animation, I already know the effects (which I find perfect for the level) but I wanted to see the final animation since it was my major concern.

Thank you for the help!

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 48

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
lifedude2002 on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
Thank you! Know i get it. Pierce is gonna be something useful for me.

Also, about the wings of fate spell, I meant the animation, I already know the effects (which I find perfect for the level) but I wanted to see the final animation since it was my major concern.

Thank you for the help!

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 48
Two swans fly down, one black and one white. They line up back to back in the middle of the field with the black facing the enemy, and the white facing your team. They flap furiously and applying a dot and hot. That's it really.

Administrator
There's a video of the animations for all the new spells in this month's newsletter, if you'd like to see them.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/newsletter/december2015

community@wizard101.com