Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In Light of All the Negativity ...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
... Let's Focus on the Positive! KI has truly designed the most graphically beautiful world in the Spiral yet imo. The visual details are just gorgeous from what I have seen so far. I will admit, I am barely out of Walruskberg, but so far I am liking what I see. :) Same can be said for the story line. I am really enjoying it so far, and the puns are great! Kudos to you guys.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Lol. In my previous post, I forgot to mention which world I was talking about. I was referring to Polaris, actually. It has received so much negativity over the crit/block changes and stuff, but I wanted to just take a moment to point out some of the really cool stuff about it too.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I appreciate that the cooldown time for porting home or the commons of a world has been shortened to 30 seconds instead of 50.
I also appreciate that I'm able to deactivate unwanted spells from gear that have been sitting in my deck for ages.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Yeah, I agree. Though Polaris may be shorter, due to the MMO Live Team doing a different approach on the game's quest design that likely resembles P101's approach on it's quest design, only with differences that stand out from it, it's a very amazing world, indeed.

KI, I think that as a suggestion for the next world & to make it longer than Polaris, while keeping to that approach & making even more special cinematic moments & original cutscene music themes with it, add more new zones & have the level cap increased by 15 levels rather than the usual 10. That could make the content in the next major update to come almost double than the usual for a major expansion update in W101. Please think on this.

Also, another suggestion on the approach, have the boss combat themes made mandatory,& I do mean, mandatory, for dueling against bosses in all the worlds in the Spiral, current & new, including themes that most bosses share & even specific unique combat themes for certain bosses, including end-of-arc villain bosses, each with their own specific unique themes during duels against all of their own forms, including their final forms.

Honestly, the last battle against Morganthe in Khrysalis' Shadow Palace wasn't that epic as we thought, that is to say, it only having a duel against all her forms, even Shadow Morganthe, yet not have a duel against her normal form before properly facing all her forms, & the duel using only the Shadow Combat theme instead of having her own unique specific boss combat themes for her only, & not just counting one for the duel against all her forms & Shadow Morganthe. Pass this on to the composers, if you please.

I would really like to see KI establish such a milestone made for W101, & later ones to be made.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Black Pearl on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
... Let's Focus on the Positive! KI has truly designed the most graphically beautiful world in the Spiral yet imo. The visual details are just gorgeous from what I have seen so far. I will admit, I am barely out of Walruskberg, but so far I am liking what I see. :) Same can be said for the story line. I am really enjoying it so far, and the puns are great! Kudos to you guys.
Pirate101's Aquila's graphics are double the quality of Polaris'

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I love all the references. Leon the Professional, Inspector Clooso, Jacque Cousteau, just to name a few. Oh and the folklore oh my word. Baba Yaga specifically. The Russian Revolution and the French Revolution tied together so seamlessly. It's truly awesome. The whole Arcanum (Wizard College I think) is pretty darn cool. I love my new spell, Nested Fury.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Mindy GoldenHeart on Nov 22, 2015 wrote:
Pirate101's Aquila's graphics are double the quality of Polaris'
Don't know anything about Pirate101, referring to Wizard101 graphics here. I really appreciate the work the KI team put into them, and the story line, in Polaris.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Darthvarian on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
I appreciate that the cooldown time for porting home or the commons of a world has been shortened to 30 seconds instead of 50.
I also appreciate that I'm able to deactivate unwanted spells from gear that have been sitting in my deck for ages.
Actually the cooldown for Porting to commons and home was not 50 seconds but it was actually 60 seconds. Still Great to have it being cut in HALF. ^L^

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There are definitely good things about the update:

New World without all the slog as previous worlds
New Spells
Negating item cards
DoT spells counting on Shane
4 dungeon gear being bank sharable
Home port timer reduction
Housing fishing

among other things

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Maycast on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
Actually the cooldown for Porting to commons and home was not 50 seconds but it was actually 60 seconds. Still Great to have it being cut in HALF. ^L^
Oh, I thought it was 50, probably because my loading screen is so slow :P.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Black Pearl on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
the world is gorgeous; when i played through in test, i thought it was absolutely magical... and i never even made it to the end.

that said, i thought the exact same thing about darkmoor; beautiful world, but several fundamental design flaws in the actual play itself that the beauty of the world was lost on me.

until the crit/block fiasco is sorted out, i will not be questing in polaris... or anywhere else.

-von

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
As I quest further into Polaris, I am amazed on how wonderful the visual graphics are, the interestingly designed characters, and the entertaining writing.

I'm not looking at what was provided when Polaris came out (fishing, new spells, block spells in your decks, etc). I'm looking at something that is refreshing and engaging, which is what I haven't felt in W101 in quite a while. It seems the design team worked really hard to put out something that was different and fun.

I'm taking my sweet time exploring every snowy corner, sliding on ice, climbing waterfalls, and kicking some bad-guy buns.

Good job, Design Team!!!!

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
there are many great aspects to this update that sadly is being over shadowed by the huge impact the critical update has had. I loved the detail in Polaris the new bosses with having pets was a great new challenge. The references throughout Polaris are wonderful and funny at times.I thouroughly enjoyed all of Polaris from start to end and being able to graduate from Ravenwood, was so unexpected a sad but happy moment in one. I hope that when the next world hits whenever that may be they keep up the great work they did with Polaris :)

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
As I quest further into Polaris, I am amazed on how wonderful the visual graphics are, the interestingly designed characters, and the entertaining writing.

I'm not looking at what was provided when Polaris came out (fishing, new spells, block spells in your decks, etc). I'm looking at something that is refreshing and engaging, which is what I haven't felt in W101 in quite a while. It seems the design team worked really hard to put out something that was different and fun.

I'm taking my sweet time exploring every snowy corner, sliding on ice, climbing waterfalls, and kicking some bad-guy buns.

Good job, Design Team!!!!

Yes, this is what I'm talking about! I know there are things that were introduced with Polaris that were not what players wanted, but I didn't want to focus on that. I just wanted to focus on the cool stuff that I felt was being overlooked in the sea of negativity surrounding some of the updates to the game.

I feel sad for KI, having put all the work into the beautiful story line, graphics, etc. and barely even having that acknowledged.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
there WERE good things about this update and new world. I've just started exploring this new world and am enjoying myself.. I like being able to deactivate pet and gear spells I don't want. I detest the new gear however. It should be better than the khrysalis gear, not worse. Hades some of my level 50-70 gear is better than this new stuff. we should be getting gear in the case of robes hats, and shoes with better resist, better blocks, better accuracy, better crit, better ..well...everything. Instead all we're getting is gear that is basically level 50 and pre level 50 gear for extra stats. It stinks.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Yes of course; Polaris is absolutely beautiful! I have quite a few level 100 friends who are on Polaris now (it's awesome) and I occasionally teleport to them if I'm bored and if they accept.

Anyway, yeah, let's appreciate Polaris. It's nice despite the fact I've heard that it's really short. For the next world it should be longer.