Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cooking, Sleeping and Bathing!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
In LOTS of RPGS you can go eat, sleep, and bathe. But not in wizard101. Well, (if the idea gets accepted) NOW YOU CAN!!!

I'll start with the cooking part. It would give other things to do, yet again, and it would make there be more reason to craft, fish, and garden, even farming would be more fun for people (ESPECIALLY ME.) Here is how the basics would work. When fighting monsters, or farming reagents, fishing, or gardening, you would be able to use the fish, plants and certain reagents (Such as certain flowers, Deep Mushrooms, and some other things) including pet snacks, and certain FOOD BASED housing items. You could make food for your wizard to eat, similarly to pet snacks they would boost your stats, but this would be different depending on the wizard, level, element, and type of food. All boosts would be temporary. There would be 5 ways of getting food.

1. Cooking it. By cooking food, you have complete control over the boosts it will give, and its element, and dish type. This gives you an advantage for soloing in dungeons, or it could even help with the recent critical/block lose, as certain meals could increase critical hits for a while.

2. Boss Drops. Certain bosses could drop food, or even mobs. This food wouldn't be as effective, but could still be good to keep around.

3. Mini-game reward. Depending on how well you did the mini-game, you could possibly get really good food from it. (Only silver-chests.)

4. Booster Pack Drop. Sometimes crowns packs could give you good food for the wizard to eat, and like most crowns items, would be useful in one way or another, depending on how you use it.

5. Buying it from a restaurant, or another wizard Via Trading TC. Food could also be eaten during battle, but would need to be equipped as a Treasure Card. The effects would only last the battle though, and would range from getting a few tower shields, to getting healing overtime for the next 5 rounds.

As for what types of meals there would be and what they would do, here is a key. (still in progress)

Sandwiches-Boost Pip chances, Shadow Pip chances. Increases amount of gold an enemy drops. (2 Hours.)

Stews-Boost Accuracy and Piercing. Increases amount of experience enemies drop. Refills Mana. (2 hours.)

Meats-Boost Damage and Critical Ratings. Gives a player 5 Dragonblade spells. (4 hours.)

Salads-Boosts Incoming and Outgoing Healing. Allows players to heal in monster zones. (1 hour.)

Seafoods-Boosts Resistance, Stun Resistance, and Critical Block. Increase movement speed by 10%. (2 hours.)

Drinks-Highly increase specific stats, but only one. (2 hours)

Meals-Small boost to all stats increases item drops from battle. (3 hours.)

Buffet-Moderate boost to all stats for you and all group members. (6 hours, or until group is ended.)

But something important to remember would be that you can only have effects from one food at a time. Eating a new dish instantly cancels the previous dishes effects.

-Continued in next message because space is low-

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
KieranMoonFlame on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
In LOTS of RPGS you can go eat, sleep, and bathe. But not in wizard101. Well, (if the idea gets accepted) NOW YOU CAN!!!

I'll start with the cooking part. It would give other things to do, yet again, and it would make there be more reason to craft, fish, and garden, even farming would be more fun for people (ESPECIALLY ME.) Here is how the basics would work. When fighting monsters, or farming reagents, fishing, or gardening, you would be able to use the fish, plants and certain reagents (Such as certain flowers, Deep Mushrooms, and some other things) including pet snacks, and certain FOOD BASED housing items. You could make food for your wizard to eat, similarly to pet snacks they would boost your stats, but this would be different depending on the wizard, level, element, and type of food. All boosts would be temporary. There would be 5 ways of getting food.

1. Cooking it. By cooking food, you have complete control over the boosts it will give, and its element, and dish type. This gives you an advantage for soloing in dungeons, or it could even help with the recent critical/block lose, as certain meals could increase critical hits for a while.

2. Boss Drops. Certain bosses could drop food, or even mobs. This food wouldn't be as effective, but could still be good to keep around.

3. Mini-game reward. Depending on how well you did the mini-game, you could possibly get really good food from it. (Only silver-chests.)

4. Booster Pack Drop. Sometimes crowns packs could give you good food for the wizard to eat, and like most crowns items, would be useful in one way or another, depending on how you use it.

5. Buying it from a restaurant, or another wizard Via Trading TC. Food could also be eaten during battle, but would need to be equipped as a Treasure Card. The effects would only last the battle though, and would range from getting a few tower shields, to getting healing overtime for the next 5 rounds.

As for what types of meals there would be and what they would do, here is a key. (still in progress)

Sandwiches-Boost Pip chances, Shadow Pip chances. Increases amount of gold an enemy drops. (2 Hours.)

Stews-Boost Accuracy and Piercing. Increases amount of experience enemies drop. Refills Mana. (2 hours.)

Meats-Boost Damage and Critical Ratings. Gives a player 5 Dragonblade spells. (4 hours.)

Salads-Boosts Incoming and Outgoing Healing. Allows players to heal in monster zones. (1 hour.)

Seafoods-Boosts Resistance, Stun Resistance, and Critical Block. Increase movement speed by 10%. (2 hours.)

Drinks-Highly increase specific stats, but only one. (2 hours)

Meals-Small boost to all stats increases item drops from battle. (3 hours.)

Buffet-Moderate boost to all stats for you and all group members. (6 hours, or until group is ended.)

But something important to remember would be that you can only have effects from one food at a time. Eating a new dish instantly cancels the previous dishes effects.

-Continued in next message because space is low-
the last two are over powered but the others are good ideas

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
wizards rule on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
the last two are over powered but the others are good ideas
well i kinda figured they are.For the personal meal, its a very small boost (Like plus 5%) and the Buffet is around a plus 10% for stats. all the other ones are somewhere near 15-30%. since those ones are smaller they last longer.

The higher the stat boost (which depends on level) the shorter it lasts. I'll continue with it in another message. :)

Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback!!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
-Continued-

Foods elemental alignments would be based off of the specific things used in it, and what school they where based off of. For an example, if you where to cook a Sub-Sandwich (boosting pip and shadow pip chances by 15%.) It wouldn't do much of anything as it boosts mainly pips, but, the ingredients or other items such as reagents, certain pet eggs and other things could add in various other abilities to the food for the amount of time it gives, or certain things could increase its amount of time its in use, but the longer the food lasts, the lower the boost. The shorter the boost, the stronger. (Minimum length 30 minutes, maximum length 24 hours.)

Here is how it would work.

Ingredients-These are used to create the food, these are what give it the dish type, such as sandwich, or meat. Essential to making dishes/drinks.

Plants-These can be used to make various ingredients for your dish such as using seeds to create wheat for bread to make a sandwich. Or can be added in to add in new effects such as extra health or energy. more common in drinks.

Fish-These can increase your movement speed by 5%, and also may be used for making ingredients.

Reagents-Various Reagents would be used as ingredients, or to make them for dishes and drinks.

Pet Snacks-These could effect the dishes percentage of stats it will increase and the amount, also used to make ingredients.

Jewels-These could be used to create its elemental alignment if the dish has special boosts from the ingredients you've crafted/cooked. They are more common for Drinks, as jewels typically increase specific stats. Like drinks.

Pet Eggs-These would also somewhat effect its elemental alignment, or mostly spells the food might give.

There are of course, limits to how many spells and special boosts the foods and drinks can give.
The maximum boost amount is 25%
The maximum amount of special add-on stats is 3
The Amount of spells is 3, but they can only have 5 copies. (No shadow magic or auras.)

-Continued-

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Shadow 343 on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
I think the idea would be cool.
Thank you very much! :)
I'd also appreciate it if you try to get friends to read this post in hopes of it being accepted into wizard101, and let me know if there are posts that seem similar. (As I have had 2 of my posts copied at some point.)

Anyway, thank you for the feedback!

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Since the cooking part seems done and over with for the time being, lets jump into the Sleeping and Bathing.

Similarly to Eating, these could be used to regain Health, Mana, and Energy quicker, depending on which one you do. CURRENTLY, This is how it works.

Health is regained through Bathing, As the relaxing hot waters soak away your pains.
Mana is regained through Sleeping, As a comfortable rest helps recover you spirit.
Energy is regained through Eating, As the food makes you feel renewed, and ready to work more.

Now lets go over why the other two topics should be added in.

As eating refills energy, but helps you with battle, Sleeping would refill mana but help with Fishing/Gardening/and Pet Training. (In other words, Farm Work.) And Bathing would help with your more exploring related issues, such as not only regaining health (refilling) but also giving small speed boosts for a while, and/or giving you a slightly longer invincibility while on streets from battle, as it takes a few tries for you to start a battle, and could help with gathering item drops for quests/just farming items, or gathering reagents.

Each is not only a mean of "Lets get our powers back faster!" But also to be used to help improve gameplay for more casual players, or to make it more interesting for more hardcore players, or maybe even to make the game seem new and fresh for older players. It could also help lots of more players capable of soloing.

BUT THERE IS A CATCH.

You can only have 5 dishes a day. Each must have MORE then 2 hours between them. You can only have 2 baths a day. There must be a 6 hour period between both. It takes 8 hours for one bath "ability" (for lack of better words.) to refill. And you can only sleep ONCE every 16 hours.

This is to prevent people from just bathing and eating and sleeping only to have powerful stats and be much to over powered. You can only have the boosts from ONE activity activated at once. Performing another cancels the other boosts.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Anyway, I want to know what you people think of the idea, and give me heads up on it, recently, another person made a similar post, and I enjoyed that other people think similarly.

So, my question is to you, on the other hand, do you think the idea would make the game more fun, to have boosts related to food and drinks created through crafting.