Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Races

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Heya! Wouldn't it be awesome if we had mount races? like it could be ranked and practice just like pvp and pet races and also it could have different arenas and stuff like a Marylebone rooftop one and Celsetia underwater one and a Wizard City course. What do ya think about it?

Sarah UnicornFlower

Master Of Ice

Delver
May 12, 2012
That would be cool! But, everybody's mount would have to be the same speed. It wouldn't be fair in a race if there was 3 50% speed mounts and 1 75%. Other than that, it would be COMPLETELY AWESOME!

~ Ali <3

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
I think she Is making a good point. Also they dont "Have" to base the mounts off of their original Stats. Speed can be heightened and Lowered with obstacles Like boosts or hindrances. I think that's a great Idea Sarah!

Eric LifeHeart &
Level 45

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Mount races is a great idea. Make them like pet races with obstacles, traps and "speed zones".

Kind of like a very popular kart racing game that involves a plumber, his brother and a princess (I don't want to name the game).

Rewards could be a variation of the mount you already own or special cosmetic items for others to see on your mount.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Another idea since rewards were brought up would be access to change the colors of your mount! Omg that would be awesome. Or new mounts like another 3 passenger mount "other" than Hydra (cough, cough chimera, cough).

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Mythali126 on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
That would be cool! But, everybody's mount would have to be the same speed. It wouldn't be fair in a race if there was 3 50% speed mounts and 1 75%. Other than that, it would be COMPLETELY AWESOME!

~ Ali <3
Haha thanks!

Sarah UnicornFlower

Delver
May 12, 2012
Sapphirewater on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
Haha thanks!

Sarah UnicornFlower
No problem, I'm always looking for new ideas!

~ Ali <3

Defender
May 23, 2009
Great idea. I would love to race on the mystic skiff. The mount is already hilariously awesome on its own, but being able to race on it would take it to a whole new level.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
I love this idea! Right now, I host mount races in my Midday Estate--which is empty save a racing track. But sometimes the racers will cheat or something and then everyone gets upset because I can only find so many referees. I line them all up along the track and then gift the winner a pack of their choosing. However, I hardly ever get to race myself because I'm always leading the activity. I'd like KI to put into action an official Mount Racing system. It would be super fun and I have lots of people who would more than likely engage in the activity. Normally, the races I set up have a good sized crowd for racing and some awesomely generous referees who take time out of their day to judge the races. If this system were made more public, those refs wouldn't need to ref. They could race! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS IDEA and I am for making it happen.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Shadow 343 on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
I love this idea! Right now, I host mount races in my Midday Estate--which is empty save a racing track. But sometimes the racers will cheat or something and then everyone gets upset because I can only find so many referees. I line them all up along the track and then gift the winner a pack of their choosing. However, I hardly ever get to race myself because I'm always leading the activity. I'd like KI to put into action an official Mount Racing system. It would be super fun and I have lots of people who would more than likely engage in the activity. Normally, the races I set up have a good sized crowd for racing and some awesomely generous referees who take time out of their day to judge the races. If this system were made more public, those refs wouldn't need to ref. They could race! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS IDEA and I am for making it happen.
OMG we should totally host a Mount Race! If you want meet me in wraith realm so we can colab for a race!

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I love the idea, but what about the people that don't have a mount? (Pretty sure they'd feel left out)

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
Sapphirewater on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
OMG we should totally host a Mount Race! If you want meet me in wraith realm so we can colab for a race!

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice
If you guys do do it I could be the referee I have the entire week off 24/7

-Matthew Swiftflame, lvl 37 wizard

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Anjelina1 on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
I love the idea, but what about the people that don't have a mount? (Pretty sure they'd feel left out)
You could do running races, or gift them one. Or give them tc so they can buy one. It is a totally free and fun party. I've gifted two people mounts when they needed them. But, normally, tc just gets the job done which is why i NEVER sell or use mine XD

Delver
Dec 04, 2013

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice
Sure! Any time this week should work for me thanks to Christmas Break Just not late at night or around noon. And I am US Central. Just name a date, place, and time and we'll set one up!

Hero
May 07, 2015

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice
2 questions 1 can i join your race please if yes tell me where and when to go there and look for miranda jade song level 67 pyromancer and 2 are 1 day mounts allowed?

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
Anjelina1 on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, you can always buy mounts in the Commons or farm bosses. I remember getting quite a few mounts when I farmed the Kraken and I didn't even have a membership.

Fiona Icedust
Legendary Thaumaturge

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
I think this is a REALLY good idea, but i do think that people without mounts could 'borrow' mounts. Like a mount renting system? And speed would be un-fair, because most permanate mounts have 40+ speed, whille timed mounts have 20+ speed.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
sun girl1122 on Dec 30, 2015 wrote:
2 questions 1 can i join your race please if yes tell me where and when to go there and look for miranda jade song level 67 pyromancer and 2 are 1 day mounts allowed?
Yes, you can join. And, yes, one day mounts are allowed. You can either choose to race one day mounts with seven day and perms, or we can set up an entirely seperate race for one day mounts only. Since it's a player opperated system, adjustments are made often.

And, if you want to meet, i ams till waiting to hear back from Sapphirewater to understand a meeting time. If you want to meet seperately, just name a time, place, and realm. Weekends would work best, or this week. I am US Centrel so plz state the time in that zone.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Cori SkullBlood on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
I think this is a REALLY good idea, but i do think that people without mounts could 'borrow' mounts. Like a mount renting system? And speed would be un-fair, because most permanate mounts have 40+ speed, whille timed mounts have 20+ speed.
It could be like ranked pvp where you can do a quick join and face any mounts or like the practice where you can create a race with a specific speed mount. That would make it work. And maybe for permanent mounts you could win prizes like in ranked pvp but the prizes would be mount related.

Sarah Strongshield

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
Can i join? If so i'll be in bartalby in the commons by the professor (i am Cori SkullBlood level 41 Necromancer)
I have a Crystal unicorn :3

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Yes, you can join. And, yes, one day mounts are allowed. You can either choose to race one day mounts with seven day and perms, or we can set up an entirely seperate race for one day mounts only. Since it's a player opperated system, adjustments are made often.

And, if you want to meet, i ams till waiting to hear back from Sapphirewater to understand a meeting time. If you want to meet seperately, just name a time, place, and realm. Weekends would work best, or this week. I am US Centrel so plz state the time in that zone.
How about Today at about 4:50? or Tomorrow at around 1:00 PM? Lol I'll be in Wu realm!

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:

I'm also US central so yup and also I forgot to mention i'll be in the Commons.

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice

Hero
May 07, 2015
Sapphirewater on Jan 1, 2016 wrote:
How about Today at about 4:50? or Tomorrow at around 1:00 PM? Lol I'll be in Wu realm!

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice
.sorry i woke up late :(can you set up a different time please

Administrator
Please only use the Dorms section to make suggestions to improve the game, not to arrange in game meet ups.

community@wizard101.com