Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Professor won't respond

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
My teacher, Lydia Greyrose won't respond to me in any way. I am level 50, and I haven't gotten my iceblade, though I don't think I ever got the quest for it. When I come back to see if the problems fixed and if I can get new spells, she still doesn't respond. But I can talk to the other teachers normally, so I don't know what happened. Help?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Did you do the side spell quests leading up to Iceblade? Ice Guardian, Ice Armor and Ice Prism? If you skipped any, you can't get Iceblade until you finish the quests for those first.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
Did you do the side spell quests leading up to Iceblade? Ice Guardian, Ice Armor and Ice Prism? If you skipped any, you can't get Iceblade until you finish the quests for those first.
I have gotten ice armor and ice prism, though I haven't gotten Ice Guardian, so I'll check for that.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
I have no quests leading me to get a new spell, so I guess if the problem continues I'll have to contact KingsIsle..

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
LetFateDecide on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
I have no quests leading me to get a new spell, so I guess if the problem continues I'll have to contact KingsIsle..
The quests for spells aren't marked as leading to a spell. Did you go through the quests lines for the quest requirements? For example, the Ice Guardian questline has you go talk to Mindy Pixiecrown, then off to Marleybone to talk to the Mayor in Digmoore Station. The you fight a boss and go back to your Professor where she sends you off to Colossus Blvd for an Ice Shard, and THEN you get the spell when you finish the 3rd quest. Only the last one when you talk to the Prof does it show a spell as the quest reward.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
seethe42 on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
The quests for spells aren't marked as leading to a spell. Did you go through the quests lines for the quest requirements? For example, the Ice Guardian questline has you go talk to Mindy Pixiecrown, then off to Marleybone to talk to the Mayor in Digmoore Station. The you fight a boss and go back to your Professor where she sends you off to Colossus Blvd for an Ice Shard, and THEN you get the spell when you finish the 3rd quest. Only the last one when you talk to the Prof does it show a spell as the quest reward.
Oh.

WOW.

I was looking at my quests in Marleybone that I had abandoned, and there it was. A quest from the mayor sending me to get something for my professor.

I've now done the quest and have gotten the card "Summon an ice minion" and am on my way to getting an iceblade.
Thanks so much!