Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The changes to Conviction and Shadow Sentinel

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
For those of you upset about the changes to critical and critical block, you might not have noticed that Conviction and Shadow Sentinel have been changed. Instead of adding to your block rating, they now provide a percent boost towards your critical block.

For example, if you have 5% block and you use Conviction, you will have a 30% chance to block crits.

Please don't complain about sweeping changes until you know all of the details!

(Also, this change wasn't listed in the patch notes. Please fix this!)

**Edit: I misread the new Conviction text, so my example was wrong.***

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
This is indeed great they changed those to be allot more useful, but I dont want to have to rely on tc convict every fight or go pvp to be able to train it. My issue is not the re-working of how chance is applied but the huge downgrading of stats from reaching 101 from 100. At lvl 100 my ice in full jade + a 110 block wand had a healthy 57% chance to block she reached 101 and bam her chance went to 4% no gear change just by gaining ONE level. I do not and never will pvp so i wont ever be able to train convict and sentinel likes shields and hates hits and heals and neutral to blades so unless all my ice ever does in jade is now spam shields its pointless to use. I do not want to have t buy thousands to tc convict just to use for every time i fight as even mobs critical on me almost every time.My storm is even worse her chance to block is now 1% which is like saying no block at all really. How on earth can it be fair that my 101 storm, ice, death and balance all have less chance of blocking than my myth did at lvl 50? How can one level really make that much difference? Can someone please explain how 101 is so much better than 100?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Many of us did notice the change to Conviction very early on, and have been trying it, with varying amounts of success, but at the end of the day, Conviction is not sufficient to make up for what seems to be a permanent resetting of our block % to 1%

If you have pvp warlord rank and can equip and use the Duelists' Fatal Razor along with the bundle gear from the Aztecan Builders' Bundle and the block boots from the Baddle crowns gauntlet, you can restore your former 50-60% block by using tc 25% block conviction asap.

Wondering now if the item card conviction now displays 30%?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
man0fbass on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
For those of you upset about the changes to critical and critical block, you might not have noticed that Conviction and Shadow Sentinel have been changed. Instead of adding to your block rating, they now provide a percent boost towards your critical block.

For example, if you have 5% block and you use Conviction, you will have a 30% chance to block crits.

Shadow Sentinel already gives 80% in the live realm, only Conviction was changed. However, if people begin to rely on Conviction in PvP, Balance will have a pure dominance in the case that Balance will be able to utilize this high block while bypassing it completely against its opponents.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Yeah I hope that they dont keep those changes hopefully our complaints here will be heard

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
PvP King on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Shadow Sentinel already gives 80% in the live realm, only Conviction was changed. However, if people begin to rely on Conviction in PvP, Balance will have a pure dominance in the case that Balance will be able to utilize this high block while bypassing it completely against its opponents.
It wasnt 80% in the live realm. Its just 80 to critical Block. There is no percent in the live realm.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Maycast on Nov 2, 2015 wrote:
It wasnt 80% in the live realm. Its just 80 to critical Block. There is no percent in the live realm.
It's 80% on the spell card in live.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
man0fbass on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:

This nowhere near makes up for taking 63% Block to 1%.

There were other auras one needed to use in order to be effective; if I need to use Conviction TC every fourth round to not die, I'm not Empowerment, I'm not going to be able to contribute to the battle at all because I won't have pips to do anything but heal the Storm that died because even Conviction didn't help him block.