Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Easiest and hardest times for each school

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
so everyone is always trying to decide what the best school is and what the easiest and hardest are but of course the answer changes at different levels. When I first started the game in wizard city I wanted to be death but that changed as I advanced because later I wanted to be storm. What do you guys think are the easiest and hardest times for each school or what school is easiest for certain worlds/levels. I think it would be interesting to see what people think about this!(ignore astral schools and shadow bc they're not primary schools)

Sierra Pearl
Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Sierra Pearl on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
so everyone is always trying to decide what the best school is and what the easiest and hardest are but of course the answer changes at different levels. When I first started the game in wizard city I wanted to be death but that changed as I advanced because later I wanted to be storm. What do you guys think are the easiest and hardest times for each school or what school is easiest for certain worlds/levels. I think it would be interesting to see what people think about this!(ignore astral schools and shadow bc they're not primary schools)

Sierra Pearl
Legendary Sorcerer
Hello there!

Me, as a Life wizard, have soloed a lot of dungeons, and managed to defeat them. Since I started back in 2011, there was no "team up" button when you approached a dungeon, which led me to ask friends for help or do it myself. The hardest time for me was defeating the Jade Oni. My best friend was too busy with Dragonspyre so I couldn't get any help. (and still no team up button ) So I decided to solo it. It took forever! I used way too many treasure cards. LOL!

I also have another character, which is the school of ice. She's level 13, and so far I don't have many good spells. It takes me a while to defeat things on my own, but I still get the job done.

Sure, there can be ups and downs with different schools in different places, but, just keep trying and you'll eventually progress.

Samantha NightGarden, lvl 71

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Well most of the defensive schools (Myth,Ice,Life,Death) start strong and begin to sink while most rise back up again at level 100 (Darkmoor Spells + Gear). While the offensive schools (Fire, Storm) seem to struggle until CL when enchants are introduced.

In my opinion I think myth has the strongest start getting a decent amount of health + a 45 health minion that can quickly kill enemies by spamming rank 1 spells. Ice would be second because of their health. I would put life and balance tied for third and fire at fourth. Death in fifth because most Wizard City bosses are death and storm last because of their lack of accuracy and health.

Up until Celestia the schools are mostly balanced. Celestia-Zafaria Storm, Fire dominate while the more defensive schools seem to drop. In Avalon, The more defensive schools rise again getting much better crafted gear and new spells (mana burn, bad juju, guardian spirit). After Avalon the offensive schools dominate once again until the Darkmoor era (What we are currently in).

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
Cass MoonHeart on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
Well most of the defensive schools (Myth,Ice,Life,Death) start strong and begin to sink while most rise back up again at level 100 (Darkmoor Spells + Gear). While the offensive schools (Fire, Storm) seem to struggle until CL when enchants are introduced.

In my opinion I think myth has the strongest start getting a decent amount of health + a 45 health minion that can quickly kill enemies by spamming rank 1 spells. Ice would be second because of their health. I would put life and balance tied for third and fire at fourth. Death in fifth because most Wizard City bosses are death and storm last because of their lack of accuracy and health.

Up until Celestia the schools are mostly balanced. Celestia-Zafaria Storm, Fire dominate while the more defensive schools seem to drop. In Avalon, The more defensive schools rise again getting much better crafted gear and new spells (mana burn, bad juju, guardian spirit). After Avalon the offensive schools dominate once again until the Darkmoor era (What we are currently in).
What about balance