Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some things that need to happen

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Hey, these are some ideas that have been on my mind for AGES:

1. Default resistance.
Seriously, I mean, let's say I was a fire wizard. I have nice gear, except for no resistance. I think that, by default, you should have some resistance to only your school. It should obviously increase as you advance in the game, but I just wish this was implemented.

2. Quest Quitter
Gosh, I've thought of this since my very first account in Unicorn Way. WE NEED A QUEST QUITTER! I literally had one quest for about ten levels (Grizzleheim) because I had other main ones. For neater people such as me, I prefer to have 1,2, MAYBE 3 quests in my quest log at one time. Seriously, there should be a button with a red "X". "Would you like to discard this quest?" Then yes or no. If needed, there would be a "Are you sure?" box. But really. Please, KI!

3. Friend Finder
This is described more in another thread by me, but this is how it would go: It's probably in the "Options" Tab. I click the friend finder button, and you enter the wizard name. It finds wizards with that name. If you wanna get technical, do "Online Right Now", "Realm", and "World". That way you could send them a message, not just tracking them down for ages.

4. Crown Shop Prices
This one is highly unlikely, but I would really like to see Lower prices in the crown shop overall.

5. Level Gear
It sorta bugs me when I'm looking for let's say robes in the Bazaar and I see a "Level 50" robe. It's affects are like +3 Life Resistance. What?! That's nothing, and many MANY wizards now like high leveled, useful gear. Some people like it, but... You get what I mean.

Ideas? Questions? Anything else, reply to my thread!

Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 50

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
We'll never be able to delete our quests.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hannah GoldenRiver on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:

1. Default resistance.
Seriously, I mean, let's say I was a fire wizard. I have nice gear, except for no resistance. I think that, by default, you should have some resistance to only your school. It should obviously increase as you advance in the game, but I just wish this was implemented.

2. Quest Quitter
Gosh, I've thought of this since my very first account in Unicorn Way. WE NEED A QUEST QUITTER! I literally had one quest for about ten levels (Grizzleheim) because I had other main ones. For neater people such as me, I prefer to have 1,2, MAYBE 3 quests in my quest log at one time. Seriously, there should be a button with a red "X". "Would you like to discard this quest?" Then yes or no. If needed, there would be a "Are you sure?" box. But really. Please, KI!

3. Friend Finder
This is described more in another thread by me, but this is how it would go: It's probably in the "Options" Tab. I click the friend finder button, and you enter the wizard name. It finds wizards with that name. If you wanna get technical, do "Online Right Now", "Realm", and "World". That way you could send them a message, not just tracking them down for ages.

4. Crown Shop Prices
This one is highly unlikely, but I would really like to see Lower prices in the crown shop overall.

5. Level Gear
It sorta bugs me when I'm looking for let's say robes in the Bazaar and I see a "Level 50" robe. It's affects are like +3 Life Resistance. What?! That's nothing, and many MANY wizards now like high leveled, useful gear. Some people like it, but... You get what I mean.

Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 50
1. this already exists~ sure, it's not default, but resistance to your own school is available on even the lowest level gear for your school.

2. no~ i work in web support, and i know exactly what would happen if we allowed people to quit quests.

ki's support desk would be inundated with things like, "oops, i deleted my main arc quest" and "my child/sibling/significant other deleted my quest because they were mad at me".

if you don't want multiple quests in your book, don't pick them up. i'm as much of a neat freak as the next wizard, but it's not worth the annoyances this would ultimately cause for ki (since an increased volume of help tickets means less time making the game awesome).

3. as it is now, you have to get a friendfinder code and give it to the other person~ when s/he enters it, s/he isautomatically friends with your wizard. there is also a forum on central called "lost and found" that you can use to locate your friends' wizards.

don't get me wrong; your proposed idea is cool. it's also a lot more work than just giving your friend the code.

4. the crown shop prices are more than fair; there are tons of items that you can buy for gold as well, and nothing in the crown shop is required for advancement (unless you pvp).

5. there are many pieces of gear with different stats, depending on your play style.

for example, a solo player needs balanced stats~ enough damage to take out the enemy herself, resist and block to avoid getting killed, etc. but someone who has regular questing buddies to keep her alive may not prioritize those same stats if she has a friend she knows can carry her.

(don't forget that you also have the option of crafted or elite dungeon gear, which is better than anything in the bazaar after level 56)

-von

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
Hi!

1. I don't agree with the fire damage and resist complaint. Fire has a very decent amount of damage as you make your way up to Exalted. I think what put you into saying this was because Fire did not receive a multi enemies spell in Darkmoor. Maybe they will get one in Polaris next.

2. I have been saying the same exact thing for years. I had actually deleted a high leveled wizard partly because of all the quests I had taken and never finished. I like to be organized just like you.

3. They do have a friend-finder but it is very complicated and I wish your idea could replace it. However if you typed in, "Taylor Swift" or "Luke SkyWalker," you might get thousands of results.

4. Highly unlikely and it won't happen except for sale days. Although I wish they would lower the prices of mounts. Some of those are just ridiculous.

5. I have never used crown gear before because I level too fast, but that gear in the Crown Shop is also highly expensive. That is why I don't buy it.

Elizabeth LifeSinger
Exalted

Champion
Mar 19, 2009

1. Default resistance.

2. Quest Quitter

3. Friend Finder

4. Crown Shop Prices

5. Level Gear

Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 50
1. All for that. It's likely gonna happen, too.

2. Just do the quests. I don't understand why you'd want to remove them. It's not like they're making the other quests hard to hind, either, the quest book is organized by world and area, in order of when you get to them (side worlds appear last)

3. If you are trying to meet with a certain person, give them a True Friend Code. If not, why would you need this?

4. They are overpriced. But come on, Kingsisle isn't going to change their prices. If anything, they'll increase them (like with the Henchmen, which was just dumb.)

5. Back in my day, before Celestia came out, the kinds of stuff you'd find for Level 50+ was pretty powerful. But now, we have other things to drown it out.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
lewski on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
We'll never be able to delete our quests.
ikr

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I don't like the quest quitter idea neither, but I think there is a suitable alternative.

I think it would be good if quests were categorized the way badges are now. You could have the standard option to view all of your current quests at once, and then have categories or subsections. Potential categories could be one that shows only the main storyline quest, one that shows spell or pet quests, one that shows quests in certain worlds, and so on.

I haven't thought about it enough to come up with adequate subsections, but I think any sort of separation would be good.

I just complete all quests so it's not an issue for me. Many side quests are pre-requisites for other important acquisitions later on. I'm not one who likes to go back and do things over again because I chose to skip something that I should/could have done the first time around.

However I have seen many others for whom this is an issue though. People have been asking for some sort of solution to this for years. I think categorization at least offers them something to help them narrow down the information they're looking for in their quest logs.

Survivor
May 12, 2010

1. Default resistance.

2. Quest Quitter

3. Friend Finder

4. Crown Shop Prices

5. Level Gear

Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 50
1. I think that's a bad idea. Fire might not have the highest resistance but they sure do have one of the highest damages! Each school has its ups and downs for example being ice, you have a lot of life but it takes so long to kill a boss because your weaker :)

2. I don't think that will ever happen, sadly.

3. I think friend finder was mainly designed for friends in real life, just getting a code and giving it to someone else

5. I get that so much! but i think it'll be mainly in the face on how the gear looks as if someone wants to stitch, i don't know, this is very confusing for me too.