Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spectral Blast

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Yesterday I was dueling Hod MindSeeker in Austrilund, and whenever he casted Spectral Blast, it seemed Storm activated the most, Ice only once, and no Fire.

Is this coincidence, the chance is random, or does Storm really have a higher chance than Ice or Fire?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
Yesterday I was dueling Hod MindSeeker in Austrilund, and whenever he casted Spectral Blast, it seemed Storm activated the most, Ice only once, and no Fire.

Is this coincidence, the chance is random, or does Storm really have a higher chance than Ice or Fire?
It's supposedly a 33-1/3% chance to get any of the three but from my experience that's questionable. I know that when I'm questing with my Balance wiz it seems there's a good chance that if I'm battling Ice enemies Spectral Blast will come up Ice more often than not. Ditto Fire and Storm. And of course the opposite is true when they're using it on me. If I've thrown up a Storm shield then their attack will be Fire or Ice. I know it's all random but it still seems a bit fishy sometimes. Or it could be that I just remember the bad times!
The same 33-1/3% chance is supposedly there for Wild Bolt damage too but it seems like the chance of the highest damage against me is directly proportionate to how much health I have. If I'm down below 1000 it's almost a guarantee they're going to get the big hit on me.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
When I used to use blast on my balance it always came up fire. It is most certainly a random chance.