Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Commander gear with Critical block

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I am fed up with facing Grandmasters with full warlord gear and Legendary and above wizards on my magus characters and losing to Critical. I can beat pretty much most Grandmaster Warlords I face, but when they get a critical it isn't really fair. The other day I was facing a Grandmaster ice on my Magus Fire, it went on for around half an hour. I had a decent amount of shields, as I pack a max glacial shields due to how dominant Ice is in the 30-50 level range, I was in control most of the match I had my minion up he gave up on trying to kill it unless he had pips to use Snow Angel but I was doing a good job on keeping my pips high and his pips low, then he got a pips to Angel and he got a Critical, I managed to triage it then had to spend pips healing back up. In that time he built up 9 pips but I was back at full health, then he gets a critical Gnomes and it kills me at full health with 0 buffs. Conviction is not a permanent solution and I don't really want to spend money on a pet with a tiny amount of block that wouldn't even block most Legendary wizards and make me miss out on another useful talent.

Ranking up magus wizards is now a chore more than anything. A great solution to this would be making gear with the same stats as commander gear, but with block and still 0 critical, for wizards level 1-49, maybe even add 5 more resist. 90-110 would be a good enough amount since unlike Grandmasters and above we cannot use a wand with Critical block.