Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Working Displays

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
Hi!

I've had this idea for a while now, thought I'd share with the community.

Working Display Racks for Armor and Weapons.

I know currently we can place weapons on the wall, there are also Wand Rack furniture like the ones seen at the Bazaar, but I have not figured out how to place wands and staff on them, leading me to believe that they're just for display and have no working function.

This also applies to Armor racks, as seen via Samoorai Armor displays. Players should be able to display their favorite sets of armor using similar housing items.

I hope you guys like this idea, and help urge KI to implement! :D
Thanks for your time.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
We already have this with mannequins you can buy the recipe from the crafter in marleybone and once you have that place it in your dorm or castle and click on it and button will come up letting you put on any clothes you have in your back pack locked or not.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
You actually can craft Male and Female mannequins from Felicia Worthington in REgent's square in Marleybone, but they can only show off your hats, robes, and boots. A weapon display rack would be a cool Idea, but how different would it be from placing it on the wall?

Michael StormFist
Level 100 Exalted

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I would like very much for being able to have the wand and weapon displays working for us to use. That would be awesome and very helpful.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Currently you can craft male or female mannequins which can have armor equipped. The recipes are sold by Felicia Worthington in Marleybone. I'd like to see the mannequins eventually equip wands. :)

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
Thanks for the constructive replies guys
I did not know we could purchase the recipe from Marleybone!
Thanks for pointing that out to me!

As for the Weapon Display rack, I suggest having three types:

1. Weapon Rack (Staves); may look much like the Jousting Rack housing item and sit on the floor, except instead of having the Staves at a slant like the jousting lances are, the staves would sit vertical.
2. Weapon Rack (Wands); can store wands and flutes, would look like and function either like the ones displayed around the Bazaar, or vertical on the wall, a bit like the craftable Kitchen Cabinets!
3. Weapon Rack; would display the other wand types including guitars, mandolins and bows. It can look something like the Weapons Cache housing item, except have the 'carved' look

It would be different from placing on the wall by:

1. Freeing up the wall space for paintings or other wall hangings
2. You can move multiple weapons at once

The only weapon I haven't covered are the sword and shield items (I think they look kinda neat on the wall )
Let me know if I've missed other weapon types!