Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Confused over new mount reagent

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hi
I really want to craft the new school mounts, I'm starting off with one for my Life school but I'm a little confused by two of the required reagents. First the mote of transport, I know this is dropped by Meowiarty, Krokopatra etc in the new gauntlets but is this the ONLY place they come from? If it is it's very unfair as it means you have to buy a gauntlet and hope for a drop. It's worse when you are a solo player and don't have any friends to enter with. Secondly is the Ultra Tiger Lilly reagent a seed or the actual flower bloom? Is this available from regular boss drops or do you need to buy the gauntlet to get it?
Any help from wizards who have already crafted their mounts would be apprciated

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
The mote of transport is only available from the ultra dungeons, and the ultra tiger lilly is the seed. You don't have to buy the ultra dungeons but instead can farm for them. I have unintentionally come across over 10 ultra dungeons through the dungeon "Mirror Lake" while getting pixie stixs.

Hope this helps!

~Poet~

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Yes, both the Mote of Transport and the Ultra Tiger Lily seed come from the Gauntlets. However, you don't need to buy them. The gauntlets are available to obtain from bosses, such as Rattlebones, Krokopatra, Meowiarty, ect.
If you're lucky enough, you don't need to buy a single one.

I don't see how this is 'unfair'
The gauntlets can be dropped, and it's fairly easy to make some friends who are willing to do a gauntlet with you.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks veryone,
I had no idea the dungeons were a dropped item. I farmed Rattlebones and got the exhalted dungeon, does this fungeon have the reagents? Does anyone know what gear etc drops from the exhalted dungeon? Thank you for the tip about Mirror Lake too. I knew this was a great place to farm for life smacks but didn't know about the dungeons

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Jade Oni drops all of the dungeons and all levels as well if you want a quick easily repeatable instance to solo farm for them. I have gotten dozens of them there. The Motes drop in the lower level Master and Archmage dungeons as well, so you don't have to farm Exalted to get them.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Or just be very simple and get the Life Mount (Life Whirlwind) you're looking for as a drop from Meowiarty Archmage (45% chance) or Exalted (65%-70% chance) Duel. I got the Ice Whirlwind mount from Meowiarty, so might as well try, instead of spending your time for the Mote of Transport.

Oni Slayer
Message Boards Wizard

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Oni Slayer on Aug 30, 2015 wrote:
Or just be very simple and get the Life Mount (Life Whirlwind) you're looking for as a drop from Meowiarty Archmage (45% chance) or Exalted (65%-70% chance) Duel. I got the Ice Whirlwind mount from Meowiarty, so might as well try, instead of spending your time for the Mote of Transport.

Oni Slayer
Message Boards Wizard
Thanks Oni Slayer,
I had no idea that the new dungeons actually dropped mounts as well as the reagents. It certainly makes it worthwhile to do them either way. Oh BTW I was just wondering if the bosses drop any new gear too?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Enlightened One on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
Thanks Oni Slayer,
I had no idea that the new dungeons actually dropped mounts as well as the reagents. It certainly makes it worthwhile to do them either way. Oh BTW I was just wondering if the bosses drop any new gear too?
Rattlebones drops a robe that (at Exalted) is an alternative to the Darkmoor robe.
Krokopatra drops a hat that (at Exalted) is an alternative to the Darkmoor hat.
Meowiarty drops boots (at Exalted) that are an alternative to the Darkmoor boots.

The Zeus dungeon drops decent Wands and jewels with spells on them.

I've gotten (permanent) Life & Death Whirlwinds in the Rattlebones Duels.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Enlightened One on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Hi
I really want to craft the new school mounts, I'm starting off with one for my Life school but I'm a little confused by two of the required reagents. First the mote of transport, I know this is dropped by Meowiarty, Krokopatra etc in the new gauntlets but is this the ONLY place they come from? If it is it's very unfair as it means you have to buy a gauntlet and hope for a drop. It's worse when you are a solo player and don't have any friends to enter with. Secondly is the Ultra Tiger Lilly reagent a seed or the actual flower bloom? Is this available from regular boss drops or do you need to buy the gauntlet to get it?
Any help from wizards who have already crafted their mounts would be apprciated
you can craft mounts

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
seethe42 on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Jade Oni drops all of the dungeons and all levels as well if you want a quick easily repeatable instance to solo farm for them. I have gotten dozens of them there. The Motes drop in the lower level Master and Archmage dungeons as well, so you don't have to farm Exalted to get them.
Ty
When you say Jade oni drops the dungeons does that include the Jade Oni you can summon at the palace or just the tree of life Jade oni. I've had my balance wiz fight the palace oni a few times and didn't get any drops so I thought I'd better check here and see lol

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Enlightened One on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Ty
When you say Jade oni drops the dungeons does that include the Jade Oni you can summon at the palace or just the tree of life Jade oni. I've had my balance wiz fight the palace oni a few times and didn't get any drops so I thought I'd better check here and see lol
The one you summon in the palace. They aren't common drops, but it's a quick fight and you can keep summoning him without leaving. It's kinda like farming for Couch Potato seeds in Grizzleheim. Some days you get 10, some days you are lucky to get 1.