Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth School mount

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In my opinion, when it comes to the most recent school mounts Myth got the short end of the stick. Death has its bats, Life is a whirlwind of leaves and all the others are pretty cool too but Myth gets to ride on a circle of yellow and blue triangles. I would have expected something a bit more... well... mythical. Triangles are not mythical 'cause I'm pretty sure I've seen one. Maybe a writhing swarm of wyrms, or a plague of locusts, or even a blob of ectoplasm. Anything but the dreaded mythical equilateral triangle!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Thank you so much for posting this, as I was going to do the same, but have spent more attention to bad ideas, and weak rebuttals in other posts. The mount is in much need of a graphical overhaul. It simply looks as if was thrown together at last moment due to a lack of design ideas, or to meet a timing deadline.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Well, unfortunately you'll find that myth has got the short end of the straw in a lot of things. I agree that the animation could be changed as there are so many possibilities for myth.

PS: next time this post could be moved to the dorms

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
I don't understand how you can go from ice, life and even balance are ok (although honestly they're too close to the ground feel a bit strange) - but the myth is just weird with triangles, from the side it looks ok though. But then again these you can get for free with gold, not with crowns perhaps that's why they don't compare with the crown ones.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Adam|Storm|Tamer on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
Well, unfortunately you'll find that myth has got the short end of the straw in a lot of things. I agree that the animation could be changed as there are so many possibilities for myth.

PS: next time this post could be moved to the dorms
I didn't post this in the Dorms section because it was meant more as a comment about the game than as a suggestion for change. After all, it's not a game breaking issue it's just a visual thing. The alternates I mentioned were simply afterthoughts. As far as Myth getting the short end in other aspects of the game, I guess that's a matter of opinion. My Myth wiz is doing just fine with what he has. It's just a matter of adjusting the play style to make best use of the tools available. There are things Myth can do that the others can't and vice versa. And that's the way it should be to keep things balanced.