Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jewels Are Breaking PvP

AuthorMessage
Squire
May 10, 2013
The Jade (aka the gear found in the Keeper's pack) Gear are popular for one reason - It's high resist.
The hat gives 22%.
The Robe gives 23%.
The boots give 17%.
That adds up to all about 62% universal resist, plus 15% from your pet.
That adds up to about 77% universal resist.
When Jewels came out, PvP for Exalted Wizards became so much easier, with one jewel.
This particular jewel gives 25% universal resist. Add this 77% resist plus 25%, you have 102%.
In the game, there is this thing called "immunity." Where having 100% or more resist to any school will cause the spell to do no damage. 102% is greater than 100%, so technically, you're immune to all schools. This is bad, mainly for 2 reasons. One, everyone is gonna get max rank in an hour with this setup. 2, well, we can't have everyone at max rank! Plus people can get annoyed with this. Immunity to everything? Sounds like a Myth. But its not, and it will ruin the fun of this game. Kingsisle, can you please BAN this particular jewel from PvP, or ban jewels period? PvP was so much fun before jewels became a thing. Please Kingsisle, I beg you.

Community Leader
I think you misunderstood how jewels work. a minus 25 universal resist opal gives exactly 25 damage points off the spell that hit you.flat resist, not percent resist like the jade gear and pets. there is no resist jewel that i have seen that gives percent resist, and if there was, it would be a new pet jewel. Amber

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Amber is correct. There is no 25% jewel. its 25 damage off an attack.
The reason jewels make PvP so much better, not break it, is because you can add insane amounts of pierce to your gear with jewels, and it makes those Jade users a lot easier to deal with.

Now you dont have to 10000 damage to get 2300 off their health

Squire
May 10, 2013
Ravynlea on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I think you misunderstood how jewels work. a minus 25 universal resist opal gives exactly 25 damage points off the spell that hit you.flat resist, not percent resist like the jade gear and pets. there is no resist jewel that i have seen that gives percent resist, and if there was, it would be a new pet jewel. Amber
I actually sort of missed a lot of things in my topic.
The Heartsteel gives 5% universal resist.
The Divine Amulet gives 3% resist.
8% extra resist.

I have in fact seen a Resist percentage jewel. On their pet. In plain sight while watching my friend suffer in a match because of it.
Plus critical jewels. It can add to your critical rating. Now I am not sure what how much a level 95+ jewel is, but it could make sure no one can block a Glowbug from a Level 100 storm.
Jewels can make critical go into 600+.
It can make health go up to 7000+.
It can make Mana go to, well, that isn't really braking the game
Yeah, maybe not just resist jewels, but other jewels as well.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Ravynlea on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I have gotten a percentage resist pet jewel. It's a 4% Storm resist but since it's only 4% I haven't been in any hurry to actually use it yet.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PlayHard101 on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
The Jade (aka the gear found in the Keeper's pack) Gear are popular for one reason - It's high resist.
The hat gives 22%.
The Robe gives 23%.
The boots give 17%.
When Jewels came out, PvP for Exalted Wizards became so much easier, with one jewel.
This particular jewel gives 25% universal resist. Add this 77% resist plus 25%, you have 102%.
In the game, there is this thing called "immunity." Where having 100% or more resist to any school will cause the spell to do no damage. 102% is greater than 100%, so technically, you're immune to all schools. This is bad, mainly for 2 reasons. One, everyone is gonna get max rank in an hour with this setup. 2, well, we can't have everyone at max rank! Plus people can get annoyed with this. Immunity to everything? Sounds like a Myth. But its not, and it will ruin the fun of this game. Kingsisle, can you please BAN this particular jewel from PvP, or ban jewels period? PvP was so much fun before jewels became a thing. Please Kingsisle, I beg you.
I Think Just Fine (don't use jade boost when use immunity) do use jade (people more likely use Rockstars Boots more 1% Extra Defense Resist then jade boots (No Heal) give minotaur & but stronger jade boots less heath also as damage!

I think immunity is fine pvp (wouldn't banned immunity) because everybody have shadow magic so, wouldn't care about resist because armor pierce jewel and & shadow magic shadow shrike, new bubble, spear blade?

just ignore (don't won't care) about increase resist (everybody have shadow shrike & etc armor pierce)

immunity best talent (jewel don't you immunity) only pet do unless lucky enough get universe resist pet jewel (mostly possible farm for!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PlayHard101 on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
The hat gives 22%.
The Robe gives 23%.
The boots give 17%.
only get immunity by jade gear or plus with rockstars boots & good resist pet

resist jewel don't effect resist (Only pet jewel resist does) only get them at Purreau's Plentiful Pet Provisions (no universe in there) only 5% to storm, fire, ice, myth, life, death, balance

just because others have immunity doesn't means immunity not only thing breaking pvp most like
Armor Pierce,
Shadow Magic,
Shadow Enhanced Spell,
TC Users,
Lower Level Wizard TC High Level spell users,
puppet teams
raging pvp (aggressive attacking when cry like little baby or girl when you win or lose)

(just because jewel to banned just because have do something with resist) let them have it just ignore (either have resist increase everybody shadow shrike (resist) pointless unless shield

I don't jewel should be banned because could be others tools that does not exist yet in wizard101 could possible op and also break pvp even more.... (Mostly like for shadow magic) when get high shadow magic resist (then shadow magic creatures spell be broken and shadow magic attack ward as well?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Who are you facing that still runs a resist set? Let me PvP them please! They are free rank! You have Shadow Shrike and infallible at your disposal. If you are not using those, I highly doubt you are above 650 rank.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
JustinFrostHunter on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:
I Think Just Fine (don't use jade boost when use immunity) do use jade (people more likely use Rockstars Boots more 1% Extra Defense Resist then jade boots (No Heal) give minotaur & but stronger jade boots less heath also as damage!

I think immunity is fine pvp (wouldn't banned immunity) because everybody have shadow magic so, wouldn't care about resist because armor pierce jewel and & shadow magic shadow shrike, new bubble, spear blade?

just ignore (don't won't care) about increase resist (everybody have shadow shrike & etc armor pierce)

immunity best talent (jewel don't you immunity) only pet do unless lucky enough get universe resist pet jewel (mostly possible farm for!
Is English your first language because, I'm sorry I didn't understand your message?

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I think jewels are fine the way they are. At exalted level you should have around 5-10 pierce from gear (not including jewels), Which can give you 5-10 more + strike + Infallible + 4 pip school bubble.

Best Resist Gear
Jade Hat -22%
Jade Robe -23%
Rockstar Kicks - 18%
Morganthe Amulet- 3%
Elissa Chill Band (Ice Only) -3%
Pet - 15%

Which only comes out to 84%

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
LiquidTrtle on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
Is English your first language because, I'm sorry I didn't understand your message?
meant to say: Rockstar Kicks boots better then jade boots (1% resist extra then jade boots) also stronger (no outgoing heal or incoming it but little less heath (nearly max boots) but give damage even better (if use terror hoard pack) as epic spell cast 10 pips with 1000 damage one each astral school

elemental get (sun) if are (you have) +8 damage either but 115 critical & critical block
spirit get (star) if are (you have) +10 damage either but 110 critical & critical block
universe/balance (moon) if are (any school close to others like wizard or wizard, or wizard, or wizard or etc.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
LiquidTrtle on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
also said: fine just have immunity (people ruin to immunity want banned everything because resist) fine with me because don't mine having resist increase anyways because nobody wouldn't care because shadow shrike & armor pierce and want to be that ways give them hard ways (think twice not use talent for breaking wrong move talent (didn't add spear shield) then armor pierce damage be trouble (save thing for dispel shield) also useful for pvp so, what if break pvp but help stop dispel spammer able to attack more easy vs with puppet