Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dedication Points-a way to get the drops you want

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
We all know the major issues of endless farming related to dungeons with very rare drops, such as Morganthe amulets, Divine Amulet and Malistaire gear.

I have been trying to get the divine amulet from Hades, since Tartarus came out. Hopelessness is in my heart every time i enter the dungeon, becuase i know that if 250 tries weren't enough to get the amulet, then why would i get it this time?

Dedicated wizards (such as me) deserve sureness to get the drop they want!

The solution is: Dedication Points

Every time you beat a boss, you get a Dedication Point spendable on the drops of that exact boss. For example, if you beat Hades 78 times, then you get 78 Dedication Points spendable on Hades drops. According to my idea, each item that Hades drops would have a Dedicaton Points value. For example:

Hades Boots 25 points
Hades Robes 40 points
Hades Staff 10 points
Divine amulet 100 points

After you beat a boss, a window pops up with the items and the values. Then you would have the opportunity the spend your Dedication Points on items you want.

This system should be implemented on dungeons, bosses with extremely low drop rates. Here is my shorlist:

- Loremaster (Spells should be bought with DP) -> Loremaster Dedication Points
- Hades -> Hades Dedication Points
- Malistaire -> Malistaire Dedication Points
- Morganthe -> Morganthe Dedication Points

Thank you for reading through my suggestion!

Tristan

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Psst... add Sylster Glowstorm and Ammit the Devourer in there; I've been trying to get their balance robes for 3 weeks straight D:

I personally think that 3 runs on a boss should equal 1 point, because if a low-level player deicides to team up with their shadow-mastered buddy in Waterworks, it would be easy for them to get the clothing! It would kind of take away the fun, ya know?

I personally think this is a great idea, though :)

- Kelly

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
kelly is awesome on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Psst... add Sylster Glowstorm and Ammit the Devourer in there; I've been trying to get their balance robes for 3 weeks straight D:

I personally think that 3 runs on a boss should equal 1 point, because if a low-level player deicides to team up with their shadow-mastered buddy in Waterworks, it would be easy for them to get the clothing! It would kind of take away the fun, ya know?

I personally think this is a great idea, though :)

- Kelly
low-level wizards (as in, under level 60) can't get into waterworks anyway, so this is a non-issue.

that being said... i love the idea of a token system. people have tossed this around for ages, ever since castle dreadmore was introduced. whether it's points or something else entirely (i've got 4 pages of gold keys collecting dust in my shared bank for this exact reason).

given that i've already got 500+ runs at dreadmore under my belt, i would have more than enough points to outfit all of my wizards with exalted-level gear for 5 years.. which, at the current rate, is probably how long i will have to farm there to see any drops.

-von "most likely to still be farming castle dreadmore 5 years from now" shadowsong
exalted

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
Only problem I see with this is that's a TON of work on KingsIsles part. Keep in mind that they'd need to keep track of every player playing the game (in the millions) and then keep track of every boss they've defeated (in the billions). Nice idea though, just not sure how feasible it is. Just gotta keep farming :(