Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical block works all the time

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Hi,

It's only 22% yet I always block critical attacks - isn't it like power pips? If I had 22% pp that means I'd be getting pp all the time. Something doesn't seem right I can count the number of times I didn't block critical on one hand although I'm lvl 74, it seems more like 90% than 22%.

Am I not understanding how this works I think.

pls help :)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
I only have 10 block rating but I block criticals 50% of the time.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
enkia on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Hi,

It's only 22% yet I always block critical attacks - isn't it like power pips? If I had 22% pp that means I'd be getting pp all the time. Something doesn't seem right I can count the number of times I didn't block critical on one hand although I'm lvl 74, it seems more like 90% than 22%.

I think in your case - you are on an incredible run of good luck! Go buy a lottery ticket!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
enkia on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Hi,

Your chance to block isn't a fixed percentage. The 22% you see is relative to an opponent with 100% critical.

If your opponent has lower critical %, you will block more than 22% of the time. If your opponent has 22% or less critical you will block ALL the time. On the other hand, if your opponent has more than 100% critical, you will block less than 22%

The chance to block is Block%/Crit%

This means that lower level enemies can usually be blocked by even moderate block %, but not higher level enemies.

Your level 74 vs my level 68 Myth: .22 block/ .21 crit = always blocked

Your level 74 vs my level 72 Balance .22 block / .26 crit = 85% chance to block

Your level 74 vs my level 100 storm .22 block / 1.07 crit = 20% chance to block

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Prince of Shadows on Aug 1, 2015 wrote:
Your chance to block isn't a fixed percentage. The 22% you see is relative to an opponent with 100% critical.

If your opponent has lower critical %, you will block more than 22% of the time. If your opponent has 22% or less critical you will block ALL the time. On the other hand, if your opponent has more than 100% critical, you will block less than 22%

The chance to block is Block%/Crit%

This means that lower level enemies can usually be blocked by even moderate block %, but not higher level enemies.

Your level 74 vs my level 68 Myth: .22 block/ .21 crit = always blocked

Your level 74 vs my level 72 Balance .22 block / .26 crit = 85% chance to block

Your level 74 vs my level 100 storm .22 block / 1.07 crit = 20% chance to block
Sorry for late reply... but thanks for that it explains it all!