Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please make reporting private.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
There are some times when I'll be in a dungeon with only one other person or so, and even though they're dong something that they deserve to be reported for, I don't report them. This is because they'll get a message saying they've been reported, and I don't want them to know it was me (because I'm the only person). Reporting would be so much better if it was private, and they didn't know right away. Thanks,

Lenora SkullShade100

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I totally disagree. I have no qualms about reporting someone who is breaking the rules ,and the fun for others. I don't mind them knowing I did it either. I see no reason why it should change. Why does doing what is right bother you?

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Lenora SkullShade on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
There are some times when I'll be in a dungeon with only one other person or so, and even though they're dong something that they deserve to be reported for, I don't report them. This is because they'll get a message saying they've been reported, and I don't want them to know it was me (because I'm the only person). Reporting would be so much better if it was private, and they didn't know right away. Thanks,

Lenora SkullShade100
Yeah but then they'll continue saying things they shouldn't. It'd defeat the purpose. If your the only one, don't report, yeah its kinda bad t just let that happen, but it will avoid arguments. I usually report people ONLY if they are being rude to someone. If they are just swearing with a friend while telling jokes, I'll let it slide. (That's just me) But if they are being legitimately rude, and if there is people around ill report.

Yeah it'd be a bit useful if your reporting them, but, if your alone, its not to good, and making it private would basically defeat the purpose, and they'd keep saying bad things or whatever they are being reported for. Its best to show the sign so they know they have to watch what they say. You know?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Lenora SkullShade on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:

Lenora SkullShade100
There's no reason to be afraid that someone knows you've reported them. If they're engaged in offensive behavior tell them about it. If they continue, warn them. If they still persist report them. They're the bad guy, not you. There is nothing retaliatory they can do to you so there's no reason to be timid about it. The only thing to be careful of is to make sure what they're doing is truly a reportable offense. Simply because you might find something distasteful doesn't necessarily mean it's against the rules and filing a false report is just as bad (and punishable) as engaging in reportable behavior.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I agree that reporting should be private, but, as it isn't, you'll have to get around it. Report them and go to a different realm.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
I agree I shouldn't feel bad about it, but my problem with it is, for example, if I was two-manning a dungeon, and reported the other player, they would flee or start an argument. I've been in situations like this before.

Lenora SkullShade100

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
TucsonWizard on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
There's no reason to be afraid that someone knows you've reported them. If they're engaged in offensive behavior tell them about it. If they continue, warn them. If they still persist report them. They're the bad guy, not you. There is nothing retaliatory they can do to you so there's no reason to be timid about it. The only thing to be careful of is to make sure what they're doing is truly a reportable offense. Simply because you might find something distasteful doesn't necessarily mean it's against the rules and filing a false report is just as bad (and punishable) as engaging in reportable behavior.
As an adult, I completely agree with this.

Remembering 14-year-old me, I would have wanted to be able to report someone and have them not know it. Girls are, unfortunately trained to be timid, to second-guess oneself and to be really concerned with their own likeability.

I understand *why* someone would want this - but I don't think it's good for the game. The current system expects that we stand up for what is right, publicly. As an adult, when I see bad behavior in game, I warn people and have no hesitation at reporting.

I also encourage those around to use ignore liberally, as often there's not an instant response to the report.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Lenora SkullShade on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
I agree I shouldn't feel bad about it, but my problem with it is, for example, if I was two-manning a dungeon, and reported the other player, they would flee or start an argument. I've been in situations like this before.

Lenora SkullShade100
Report them after the dungeon.