Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultra pets not what I expected

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I finally leveled up one of my pets to Ultra and the end result was not what I had expected at all. I figured maybe the pet would get a new ability or maybe it would get a 2nd jewel slot. Neither of those happened. I was given an ultra level pet jewel, thinkin' cap or something. Sorry to say, but it's not worth spending energy, pet snacks, and time to get to ultra for a jewel. An additional pet talent might be a little too much <I'd not complain>, but an additional jewel slot on the pet would have been an appropriate reward I think.

Please consider changing this. Thanks :)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
You do realize everyone gets that jewel for their pet when they get to ultra don't be discourage you will eventually get a jewel that will help you with your game took me almost 2 weeks to get the damage jewel I wanted.

Keep your chin up and smile. Midnight Jinx

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks, but I felt it kinda was not worth the effort or snacks to raise a pet to ultra just for a jewel I may or may not use. From teen on, your pet gains abilities/talents, except at ultra. From ancient on, you can affix a jewel to your pet. The only difference ultra offers is the level of the jewels you can use. As I have not seen many ultra level jewels, the gains made by leveling to ultra cannot be seen as a good investment.

I like the pet collars idea, but I see no real benefit to leveling to ultra since pet collars can be used prior to attaining ultra. 2000 pet xp is no joke. With the snacks used to get a pet from mega to ultra, you could get a pet from baby to epic.

As I said earlier, Ultra level was not as I expected. And I hope others learn from my experience. You gain no new talents nor do you unlock any other jewel sockets. You only gain a random pet jewel. Good luck to everyone.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
Tatiana Winterhear... on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Thanks, but I felt it kinda was not worth the effort or snacks to raise a pet to ultra just for a jewel I may or may not use. From teen on, your pet gains abilities/talents, except at ultra. From ancient on, you can affix a jewel to your pet. The only difference ultra offers is the level of the jewels you can use. As I have not seen many ultra level jewels, the gains made by leveling to ultra cannot be seen as a good investment.

I like the pet collars idea, but I see no real benefit to leveling to ultra since pet collars can be used prior to attaining ultra. 2000 pet xp is no joke. With the snacks used to get a pet from mega to ultra, you could get a pet from baby to epic.

As I said earlier, Ultra level was not as I expected. And I hope others learn from my experience. You gain no new talents nor do you unlock any other jewel sockets. You only gain a random pet jewel. Good luck to everyone.
you are absolutely right.. that is why so many of us (even i who once recommended another pet level) REFUSE to waste time energy snacks..
#1)its frustrating to do all that when decent pet jewels dropped everywhere every day
#2)you cannot put any pets in share bank that have jewels affixed
#3)we all wanted another pet level so our "fail" pets get another shot at learning that hidden talent we carefully hatched for and is listed in that pet's pet nome
#4)at the very least pets should get another pet jewel slot at ultra..sorry to say but it seems like a cheap cop out move by ki..it is the first and only time i have felt disappointed by the team :/

though, if enough people express themselves possibly ki can offer a compromise?

this game ki you are beyond amaing team... can you please consider helping us fix this? make it so this pet part of update is more of a dream-come-true-kinda-wonderful?

anybody agree? or have suggestions other than mine? please comment below if so..

ty for listening,
stormy jen

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
My goodness I understand how you feel! I got a jewel for my pet that was at mega, it raised the int, and strength, trained it to get stats maxed got another point of damage on my pet. but it did not go to my wizard, my damage was 100 and should now be 101, but No, no response from ki about it either, so I waste my time and snacks to get to ultra and get a jewel? not even a good one. getting tired of this, my pet maxed out back in april and had to get ki to fix it cause the damage wasn't getting added to my wizard, now the same thing. getting fairly frustrated with the whole business.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I love jewels and the pet update. Only train to ultra if you have an ultra jewel to use. Otherwise you don't need to train and can still add a jewel which is great.

Not understanding something doesn't make it bad. Trust me, when you use it right you'll like it. Most of the times that players think stats are wrong or jewels aren't working it's because they haven't done the math right. Check the guides or the wiki and you'll know what's going on. New things can be confusing but it's not hard once you try it.