Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A dedicated "Help me" section in menu chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2014
Hello! I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I think menu chat users (and non-menu chat users communicating to menu chat users) would benefit from having a tab in battle (and out of battle, perhaps) dedicated to asking for help. As far as I'm aware, the only way to ask for help while in battle through menu chat is to say "Help!". However, that gives very little detail as to what you need help with if you're private messaging someone, and just doesn't sound very nice.

This is why I thought that perhaps a separate section of menu chat dialogue options would be useful. The tab could be called "Help" and have options such as:
"Can someone help me please?" (if you are fighting in an open area with other players walking by)
"Can you help me with a boss, please?" *
"Can you help me with a battle, please?"
"Can you help me with a dungeon, please?"
"I'm low on health/mana, can you help me in this battle please?"
"I'm fighting a boss that is the same school as me, can you help me please?"

* perhaps a sub-menu titled "Can you help me with..." and options like "...a boss in [world]?" could be useful so that the receiving player can tell if a boss/enemies will be too difficult for them or not, or if they have unlocked/purchased that area.

And so forth. Not only is this a lot more polite than simply "Help!", it is better at communicating exactly what you need help with if you are, say, asking someone on your friends list to teleport to you for help.

Thanks for reading!