Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas to help fix PvP and return the need of skill

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2015
Keep the critical system in the game for PvE, but once you join a PvP match disable it.

Remove armor piercing stats from all gear and make shrike a no PvP spell, but keep it on the infallible card so that can be the only way to gain pierce.

So people don't take advantage of the no pierce, only allow people to join matches if their resist is below a certain amount, max resist should be around 55/60% and also create a max damage which could be around 95/105%, if this feature was added the reshuffle spell could return to reshuffling itself back into your deck which would be amazing.

Make the Darkmoor shadow enhanced spell no PvP.

Last of all a really simple idea which really baffles me why it hasn't already been introduced. This is for PvP below max level, you should only be able to face people in your level bracket and of a similar rank for example if I am doing a match on a level 30 wizard I should only face people level 30-39 and only face someone a similar rank. For the other levels it would just be 40-49, 50-59 ect and max levels can only face other max levels...

Thank you for reading.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Sadly, if critical and critical block were removed in PvP, heal boost is not high enough at Exalted to be able to win without a critical heal. We need a second option of the Stellar Signet and Cosmic Kris which happened to be the root in every Legendary Warlord's strategy.

Everything else, however, except for the matching system bracket, I will have to agree with.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2015
Yeah I would agree with the heal boost, I miss the days when it was an important factor in the majority of max level PvP, if these rules were introduced I would most likely use cosmic and stellar though an updated version would be nice. Also with the critical system gone there would be no need for the Morganthe amulet and we could start using mastery amulets again.

May I ask why you do not agree with the bracket system? It would be amazing to not face Grandmasters and Legendary wizards on a high ranked Magus and also not facing Exalted wizards on highly ranked Grandmasters and Legendary would be brilliant. The leaderboard would then truly show who the best duelists are, they could even make separate sections for each level bracket.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Tyler River on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Yeah I would agree with the heal boost, I miss the days when it was an important factor in the majority of max level PvP, if these rules were introduced I would most likely use cosmic and stellar though an updated version would be nice. Also with the critical system gone there would be no need for the Morganthe amulet and we could start using mastery amulets again.

May I ask why you do not agree with the bracket system? It would be amazing to not face Grandmasters and Legendary wizards on a high ranked Magus and also not facing Exalted wizards on highly ranked Grandmasters and Legendary would be brilliant. The leaderboard would then truly show who the best duelists are, they could even make separate sections for each level bracket.
The level bracket system will either do two things; one will be that a very high rank low level wizard will fight somebody their own level with a very low rank, or they won't get a match up at all. If the first theory happens, then these players will have a very inflated rank without inputting much skill while newer players will struggle very hard. If the second theory were to be true, then no low level would really be able to rank up.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2015
PvP King on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
The level bracket system will either do two things; one will be that a very high rank low level wizard will fight somebody their own level with a very low rank, or they won't get a match up at all. If the first theory happens, then these players will have a very inflated rank without inputting much skill while newer players will struggle very hard. If the second theory were to be true, then no low level would really be able to rank up.
On my original post I said that you would only face a similar rank as well as level so you wouldn't really be facing lower ranked people if you had a high rank, also the lower ranked people wouldn't be facing lower levels with a higher rank and PvP gear. so if you're a level 38 with a rank of 1200 you can face any level in the bracket of 30-39 with a similar rank to that. Another great thing about this would be the 40-49 PvP, if you had a level 48 wizard it would be as close as you could get to re living old Grandmaster PvP.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Tyler River on Jul 26, 2015 wrote:
Keep the critical system in the game for PvE, but once you join a PvP match disable it.

Remove armor piercing stats from all gear and make shrike a no PvP spell, but keep it on the infallible card so that can be the only way to gain pierce.

So people don't take advantage of the no pierce, only allow people to join matches if their resist is below a certain amount, max resist should be around 55/60% and also create a max damage which could be around 95/105%, if this feature was added the reshuffle spell could return to reshuffling itself back into your deck which would be amazing.

Make the Darkmoor shadow enhanced spell no PvP.

Last of all a really simple idea which really baffles me why it hasn't already been introduced. This is for PvP below max level, you should only be able to face people in your level bracket and of a similar rank for example if I am doing a match on a level 30 wizard I should only face people level 30-39 and only face someone a similar rank. For the other levels it would just be 40-49, 50-59 ect and max levels can only face other max levels...

Thank you for reading.
I agree don't think won't because of puppet teams (unless make new set of new age of rank pvp)

new rank pvp event: something different so, wouldn't do hard ones make unfair pvp (be glad KI choice me to fix rank pvp) add new set of rank pvp set I should new rules with different roles!
-------------
Rank PVP Set Roles I Would Pick:

1st rank. Combat battle standard:

rules: (combat battle standard flag) not use battle order because have flag & guardian spirit to all team & all school (win pvp take less damage to there flag) see there flag under how much damage take to there guardian spirit)

win only count (by: damage of flag & guardian spirit) take less damage win (each player to there flag & guardian spirit) destroy a wizard (not count as damage point) all guardian spirit give extra heal) as normal heal (means: can't do OHKO or Super Nova (try use those) will be: Wizard & Guardian Spirit Revive them (damage back to same damage last damage it was at! (bonus point) not healing
----------------------
2nd Rank. Shadow No Duel

Rules: (NEW Global Bubble PVP) not use any of shadow magic spell (new global bubble HIGH resist to shadow magic & high accuracy to shadow magic also new global is shadow magic global bubble immune to others global bubble spells) use shadow magic spell (it will fizzle) power through your shadow magic spell (new shadow magic global spell (dispel your shadow magic spell and mana burn shadow pips or ignoring rules of new shadow global bubble (there chance 50% chance bubble able shatter your shadow magic spell (any) clued shadow enhanced spell because count as shadow magic because have shadow pips!

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
PvP King on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
Sadly, if critical and critical block were removed in PvP, heal boost is not high enough at Exalted to be able to win without a critical heal. We need a second option of the Stellar Signet and Cosmic Kris which happened to be the root in every Legendary Warlord's strategy.

Everything else, however, except for the matching system bracket, I will have to agree with.
Couldn't that be fixed by giving gear more heal boost?

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
I have a solution, even if it doesn't entirely fix the problem entirely. dispels and sheilds should take effect only in the next turn.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Seth Silvershard on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
Couldn't that be fixed by giving gear more heal boost?
Yes, which is why I insisted on giving upgraded versions of the Cosmic Kris and Stellar Signet.