Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blades

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 16, 2014
please please if you do anything give us a different look for sharpened blades. This would be one of the best and most significant changes you could make and would also help everyone in the game no matter the level!! Why it has not been done yet after all this time just astounds me. Please, it could not be that hard to do.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Your post perplexes me. Why would a simple cosmetic adjustment to the sharp boost equate out to " This would be one of the best and most significant changes you could make and would also help everyone in the game no matter the level!!" Why would it be significant? How could this possibly help anyone?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Intrepidatius on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
Your post perplexes me. Why would a simple cosmetic adjustment to the sharp boost equate out to " This would be one of the best and most significant changes you could make and would also help everyone in the game no matter the level!!" Why would it be significant? How could this possibly help anyone?
I suspect he means, let blades of different values (ie blades that are going to stack) look different, so there's a visual clue as to what blades the hitter has/doesn't have.

So a sharp Fire Blade will look different than a normal Fire Blade, etc. . .

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello Pyle,

At higher levels there is an increased chance of your enemies, in PVE, to know more than one school of magic, and with that, the ability of using a spell to Stun/Dispel you, or remove your Blades. This is not as likely in the lower levels.

I understand that it is a great feeling to stack up various Blades and one-shot one, or more opponents at the same time. As you progress through the game and acquire levels, you will find gear that increases your base damage, and Critical Hit chance, allowing for more damage and you won't depend so heavily on multiple Blades.

In a specific situation like achieving the "One In A Million" badge, I can see where your confusion would set in one which Blade/Trap you already placed to insure maximum damage, but in the higher levels, it is less common that the A.I. allows you to just sit there and stack Blades, as you may need to perform other actions to insure survival not just a quick victory.

I agree with you that a color variation on the enhanced Blades/Traps would aid many players, most times you are aware of which ones you have cast due to the pace of the battle. This is not the case in a group setting sometimes, due to the fact that many players don't pay attention to others assisting them and same spells are cast.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 88

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
In a post some time ago someone suggested the % boost of blades could be displayed on the back of the shields. This struck me as a very sensible suggestion. While some distinct blades have the same boost percentage, a lot do not, and in particular a sharpened version would always show as 10% more than a regular version of the same blade.