Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sonic Spring

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Is anyone else so frustrated with the amount of Sonic Spring drops?

I spent all day yesterday farming for them and only got one. I wouldn't care except every new recipe from Rose Piper needs one.

So so frustrated!

Leesha

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
I received a sonic spring from defeating a drake in Dragonspyre. The Drakes seem to drop these the most, from what I see. So if you need them, go to Dragonspyre.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
A few days ago I went through the first B.O.X. Just to get the "fire starter" badge on my fire wizard but then after I easily defeated the helephant guy I only got one single drop and it was the reagent sonic spring. I had no intentions of farming for it or crafting the mount but after I got it by accident I decided why not? So I then traded it to my ice wizard and now I am almost finished crafting the rave wood pogo stick but now that I think about I don't think I will use it much cause it's kinda silly.

I wish you good luck though

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Interesting. My gf had just expressed the same sentiment to me, before reading your post. Just before that, several guild members were talking about the exact same thing. I didn't farm for any, but for several people to bring it up in such a short time span, the argument would seem to have validity. Does that quest, not reappear fairly often? But then again, if the drops are somehow ganked, I guess it wouldn't matter how much it appears.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Jb630 on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:

I spent all day yesterday farming for them and only got one. I wouldn't care except every new recipe from Rose Piper needs one.

So so frustrated!

Leesha
Yes i am. I wish they was also more in the bazaar. Cause for recipes they sometimes need sonic springs and i never can get any.
-JelliBeans603

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sonic Springs also drop in the new Ultra Dungeons and in locked treasure chests. I got one yesterday from a Wooden Skeleton Key chest.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
dayerider on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
this would be a nice solution:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting/sonic-spring-transmute-8ad6a41a4b541fcf014b5a8ab439227b
Giving the Sonic Spring a transmute would lose the point of farming for them in the dungeons during the boxes event.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
SpaceYun on Jul 21, 2015 wrote:
Giving the Sonic Spring a transmute would lose the point of farming for them in the dungeons during the boxes event.
not necessarily. Sure, maybe my example is too few for a transmute, but what about 50 per spring instead of 15? That makes it harder already. Sure, some people have 1k springs per wizard, but at 50 per transmute, it would only yield 20. For using massive amounts, it wouldnt be practical to go SOLELY by transmute

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
I like that idea Dayerider. I would still farm for them even if there was a transmute recipe.

Thanks for the information Seethe42 I will try using skeleton keys to get them, Ultra dungeons are not an option unless I get one as a drop, But again the problem if I have 4 or 5 pages of furniture recipes I want to craft. I don;t have a problem with a hard to get reagent but don't require it for all the recipes, making them almost impossible to make.

I hope KI is listening.

Leesha

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Jb630 on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:

So so frustrated!

Leesha
It seems very random. I did about 10 runs of the Mooshu Box. The first nine, I got a few nifty jewels and even some Greenwarden gear; but no Sonic Spring. Tenth run? Two Sonic Springs in literally four fights! It's not a fair chance of getting Sonic Springs, purely luck. Add some more chance to it; or make them auctionable! I don't plan on crafting the mounts, so I just have a couple Sonic Springs lying around.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Hi all, 7 year player here,
This is the third time the 5 B.O.X.E.S. event has shown since I opened a second account. NO sonic spring & I go in every one I qualify for every day of the event. They only offered the pogo stick recipes to begin with but now there are furniture recipes & I can't make ANYTHING! YES I want a transmute sonic spring PLEASE.
I'd rather be questing, gardening, & fishing than farming over & over & over & over again, only to come up empty.
Thanks for listening, at least I hope KI is listening.
Forever fan,
Diana Frogtail aka David Nightrider among others.