Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do Pets cast Spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2015
I've seen my friends pets cast spells, and I was wondering how pets actually do it. I have a baby heck hound (got him today) and an adult dragon. Can only rare pets cast spells? The only ones I've see cast spells are usually for sale in the crowns shop. Thanks for the help!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Hi Sierra,
Pets are able to cast spells if they manifest a talent that allows them to do so. You will know your pet is able to cast a spell if one of its talents reads: "may cast (spell that they might cast)."

For an example, I have a Spinyfish. One of its talents are "may cast stormblade", this means that if I unleash a successful attack, it has a chance to cast the "stormblade" spell card on me.

The reason that the ones that you've seen cast spells are from the crown shop is because generally pets from the crown shop have a better chance of getting may-casts and other good talents.

If you want a pet to obtain a may-cast, try hatching with one of your friends with a pet that has the may-cast you're looking for.

Hope I helped

Quinn Spellslinger
Quinn Spellmancer