Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What school to choose? And advice for that school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2015
Hey people of Wizard101, I need help.
Lately, I have been making wizards again, and again, but every single one of them seems to not be working. I can never find the perfect one. Currently, I have a level 21 wizard that is in Grizzelhiem, but, I want a change. I have thought about , , and, . I see there are pros and cons with all of these schools, but which is the best for me? I am not planning on going as far as Celestia and all of those, but I do want a wizard type that will suit me for a few worlds. Furthermore, I also want to know a good pet of these types.

Thanks for taking your time to look and help me with this decision.

Thanks and God bless you all :)

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Is the support class in my opinion, you will blade people up, shield people, and weaken opponents attacks,
If you select fire your battle style should definitely be offensive.
Is the very best at summoning minions and gaining power off of minions, also is very strong even if you don't use minions, Very balanced between offense and defense.
If you select life your battle style should be a mainly defensive battle style.
Out of those four schools you mentioned I would select either or .
I hope my advice helped,
James Darkforge Level 70

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Wizard101 has the test for choosing a school for this reason. The test recommends a school based on your personality/what you like. If you don't find the test useful, and if you don't mind, you could post preferences, what you like/dislike in a school, the type of personality you are things like that and I along with others in the community can recommend a school for you.

Survivor
May 16, 2010
It depends on your play style, if you like support/healing choose life. If you like minions etc, choose myth, if you like damage and over time killing choose fire. If you like to support/attack choose balance. I hope that gave a little insight :) -Wolf dragon hunter exalted

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
We can't know which one is the best for you if you tell us nothing about yourself.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2013
Just stick with the one you got! Focus on that wizard until you complete the game.
Then make another one. Personaly, I like storm because it has the best damage.
But it also has low accuracy and health, but I guess it depends on how patient you are and what your personality is like.

Andrew Thunderglade. Exalted .

Survivor
Apr 10, 2012
moon is the best you can turn in to any school you want with out you pips or training points

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
atlasleader on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Hey people of Wizard101, I need help.
Lately, I have been making wizards again, and again, but every single one of them seems to not be working. I can never find the perfect one. Currently, I have a level 21 wizard that is in Grizzelhiem, but, I want a change. I have thought about , , and, . I see there are pros and cons with all of these schools, but which is the best for me? I am not planning on going as far as Celestia and all of those, but I do want a wizard type that will suit me for a few worlds. Furthermore, I also want to know a good pet of these types.

Thanks for taking your time to look and help me with this decision.

Thanks and God bless you all :)
I think that you should either try balance or life. Life is extremely useful in everything. Their attacks aren't awful, and you have to be ready for people to tell you that you should heal. All. The. Time. Balance is also useful, its attacks aren't bad, and they are good at shielding and blading.Hope it helped!!!

Cheyenne StormHunter
Promethean Diviner
Level 93 Storm

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
the quiz at the start of character creation does an awesome job at answering this.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
Just my opinion, sometimes it takes a while to get used to the play style of each character. My experience, I started playing as Balance , then I played as Death , then I went to Storm , followed by Ice and Fire. I have no experience with life or Myth. Some of the schools are easy to play in the beginning and some are easy to play later. Every school has an advantage and disadvantage. Based off the info you posted I would suggest balance for you and training in death as a secondary school. If you do decide to play past Dragonspyre, I must warn you it does get difficult in Celestia without a doubt. However I personally enjoyed playing my Fire. And it seems to get better and better but that is just my style of playing and I could play with any character so I am not pro pyromancer. Everything has to do with how you play and what are you willing to sacrifice in the beginning. For example if you want to be a heavy hitter you choose Storm however you have to accept the fact that the spell wont work when you need it to or the fact you wont last long in the battle and the enemy will kill you quickly.

Overall read other posts about schools explaining their pros and cons and say what are you able to live without in a character and give it some time for you to adapt as well. Not every character is perfect in the beginning, but the higher the level the character the more perfect he becomes. Good luck.