Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best pack to open on a balance wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
I was getting crowns and wondered what hoard or lore pack would be best for my balance wizard

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Neither. Dont waste crowns on packs unless there is something specific that you want. None of the gear in any pack is school specific, or even good for that matter.
My suggestion is to save your crowns for something important. You never know if the day after you use up all those crowns if KI will release an event that allows you to get some limited time items with your crowns.

Like i said, the hoard and lore packs are only good if you have something specific that you're going for.
And, judging by this question, i'm going to guess that youre new to this game. Meaning you are a lower level and dont have enough energy for garden upkeep.

But if im wrong, buy as many evil magma peas as you can and start to garden them. they give you another seed at elder so you will always have more to garden. Doing this will allow you to start an endless supply of mega snacks and train several pets for several different occasions.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Neither. Dont waste crowns on packs unless there is something specific that you want. None of the gear in any pack is school specific, or even good for that matter.
My suggestion is to save your crowns for something important. You never know if the day after you use up all those crowns if KI will release an event that allows you to get some limited time items with your crowns.

Like i said, the hoard and lore packs are only good if you have something specific that you're going for.
And, judging by this question, i'm going to guess that youre new to this game. Meaning you are a lower level and dont have enough energy for garden upkeep.

But if im wrong, buy as many evil magma peas as you can and start to garden them. they give you another seed at elder so you will always have more to garden. Doing this will allow you to start an endless supply of mega snacks and train several pets for several different occasions.
OBJECTION!!! Oh wait this isn't Ace Attorney, XD

But yeah not every hoard gear is useless. A famous gear set known as Jade Set is a hoard pack exclusive, and it is VERY popularly used and is infamous for being a nice tank gear set to use.
Also the Terror Hoard Wands have better critical and block then even a high tier Malistaire Exalt wand.
Same thing with the Harrowing Hoard wand known as Jack Hallow's Wailer (Sacrifices block for insane critical output but for storm in this case. Although there are a couple other high crit wands in the set like a death one but storm benefits the most from high critical.) It's more a preference in storm's case with the rest better off running the Terror Hoard wands.
Although this is mostly targeted towards the exalt versions.

Also some of the lower level pack stuff can be useful for speeding through the earlier worlds.
So going over that overturns your claim that all hoard gear is "useless" as there are a few diamonds and treasures in those packs.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
OBJECTION!!! Oh wait this isn't Ace Attorney, XD

But yeah not every hoard gear is useless. A famous gear set known as Jade Set is a hoard pack exclusive, and it is VERY popularly used and is infamous for being a nice tank gear set to use.
Also the Terror Hoard Wands have better critical and block then even a high tier Malistaire Exalt wand.
Same thing with the Harrowing Hoard wand known as Jack Hallow's Wailer (Sacrifices block for insane critical output but for storm in this case. Although there are a couple other high crit wands in the set like a death one but storm benefits the most from high critical.) It's more a preference in storm's case with the rest better off running the Terror Hoard wands.
Although this is mostly targeted towards the exalt versions.

Also some of the lower level pack stuff can be useful for speeding through the earlier worlds.
So going over that overturns your claim that all hoard gear is "useless" as there are a few diamonds and treasures in those packs.
Everything you mentioned I already knew. But, judging by the question, I'd say she is just starting out. It would be a waste for her to spend crowns on gear that she will be getting rid of later on. Jade gear is GREAT for tanks at high levels. But anything below 90 is a waste in my eyes.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:

I was just wondering because I am starting a new balance and some packs are better for certain schools like Ravens hoarse is really good for ice. I just want to get my balance some good gear for level 20