Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guaranteed drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Its the most disappointing feeling when you finish a long dungeon and get no drops.

I understand that some items must be rarer than others, but surely a pair of boots, or and amulet isn't worth 50 hours of my time.

In the future I would like to see a system where you are guaranteed drops if you run the instance 'x' amount of times.
For example, if I complete castle darkmoor part 3, lets say, 6 times, I should get a pair of boots, if I complete it 12 times, I get the hat, if I complete it 18 times, I get the robe, so on and so forth. The amount of completions would be dependent on the value of the item. Your drop chances would be the same as normal but you would get rewarded with the item after the specific amount of completions.

Its a simple concept, I think that this idea would definitely be popular with all players if implemented into the game.

AdamStormTamer 100

Survivor
May 06, 2013
i think it would be good but them would have to block crown items from being obtained this way so that they could not be gotten too easy

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Survivor
Jul 02, 2014
YES! Same with other creatures, I hate it when I take like half an hour to kill something and then get o loot!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Don't like it. Random is better. Guaranteed drops of the most powerful items in the game takes away all of their value. It also gets rid of any incentive to keep playing. There needs to be something keeping players interested between releases of new content. Under your system, everyone gets all the best gear shortly after it comes out, then has no reason to keep playing.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
This idea would be nice but it makes getting good gear way too easy in my opinion. I like how the drops are random makes it more exciting when you finally get what you want or need.

Grace 86
Jorden Death bringer 7

Survivor
Jul 17, 2012
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
seethe42 on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
Don't like it. Random is better. Guaranteed drops of the most powerful items in the game takes away all of their value. It also gets rid of any incentive to keep playing. There needs to be something keeping players interested between releases of new content. Under your system, everyone gets all the best gear shortly after it comes out, then has no reason to keep playing.
This isnt true, as knowing how KI is, the number of required completions would be ridiculously high. This would force players to stay persistent in getting what they want.
Personally, I've ran Graveyard about 15 times and got the hat and boots. In my eyes, I'm almost due for the robe. I think by the 20th run, they should make your missing item guaranteed.