Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grand Tourney Gauntlet Bundle? What??

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I took a wandering around in the Stars of the Spiral site and noticed a new housing gauntlet bundle in W101. It's called the Grand Tourney Bundle. I didn't know W101 was making more Housing Gauntlet bundles still! I love them! I read that the bundle's purchasable at Walmart. Why didn't KI say something about that before?

Uh, am I getting ahead of myself on this? Is it really available for purchase or just not yet?

Administrator
Hello,

This is not officially available yet. Please wait for an announcement on our website.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

This is not officially available yet. Please wait for an announcement on our website.
Oh. I saw that someone got that a bit early. Very well, Professor Greyrose. It was nice to see images of that bundle. Got me excited about another new housing gauntlet adventure. I'll wait.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
Yeah, I saw the same thing. There are some youtubers that were posting videos about it about a week ago (no pun intended).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Trimond297 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
Oh. I saw that someone got that a bit early. Very well, Professor Greyrose. It was nice to see images of that bundle. Got me excited about another new housing gauntlet adventure. I'll wait.
I got mine a couple weeks ago. It's a fun gauntlet. I just lucked into it while at Walmart looking for the Fishing Bundle (which they didn't have).

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
I got mine a couple weeks ago. It's a fun gauntlet. I just lucked into it while at Walmart looking for the Fishing Bundle (which they didn't have).
Good for you. Some Wizards are lucky to have what they find unexpectedly. I hope to get that when it's truly available to the rest out there.

Well, that would explain why there was another badge slot while I looked at my new reorganized Badges page, turns out to be a badge for finishing that gauntlet, like all others. I guess that was a preparation for that gauntlet while it was yet to be finished. I guess in some locations, there's still plenty to be done, like last touches of polish & all that.

Still, it's very neat that the W101 team keeps making new housing gauntlet bundles, especially if we may get more one-shot housing gauntlets someday, which I would like to see as once-a-day variants, too.

That's truly the 4th housing gauntlet bundle we've had so far. I can't wait to see what the 5th housing gauntlet bundle is about someday! W101 team, keep making more like them!

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
My wife found them at walmart next to the fishing bundle, so she got one for her, and a fishing bundle for our daughter.

I went to a Walmart about 4 minutes from my office and found both of them, as well as the winterbane bundle. They literally had over 100 grand turney gauntlet bundles and over 50 fishing bundles. Probably about 15 winterbane bundles, and some $10/$20 cards. They had so many bundles that they were overflowing into the ground. I have a legion of squirerels now because whenever I hatch them, I always end up with a new one...good to pass around or to boost stats but not so good if you're trying to get new pets!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
jromankvcc on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
My wife found them at walmart next to the fishing bundle, so she got one for her, and a fishing bundle for our daughter.

I went to a Walmart about 4 minutes from my office and found both of them, as well as the winterbane bundle. They literally had over 100 grand turney gauntlet bundles and over 50 fishing bundles. Probably about 15 winterbane bundles, and some $10/$20 cards. They had so many bundles that they were overflowing into the ground. I have a legion of squirerels now because whenever I hatch them, I always end up with a new one...good to pass around or to boost stats but not so good if you're trying to get new pets!
I'm sure they're having a blast with that bundle, just like you are.

I have to say, though, the housing gauntlet bundles are getting more and more unique every time a new one get's launched. There's no end to them!

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
I wanna know when is it officially releasing?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
I don't understand how a new bundle that hasn't been out yet gets into the hands of some before it's time of announcement? It's very unusual to get a new bundle before KI announces it's availability for all to buy. Perplexing.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Yes I have been trying to get the Grand Tourney and Aztecan Builder's bundles. I can not find them anywhere, so AGGRAVATED!
I did not know that they were not available. Thanks, I will wait until Wizard101 announces it. I still don't know why Wizard101 does not
sell all their bundles on their site. Most everyone buys on line. It would be so convenient to have everything available for your gamers
on site and ready to go..... On line purchases is the way to sell.... I give you my money, you give me code, BOOM! done deal. You
are Happy and I am HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! hahaha

Thanks Wizard101 (Awesome Game)
LaRouge1

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
LaRouge1 on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Yes I have been trying to get the Grand Tourney and Aztecan Builder's bundles. I can not find them anywhere, so AGGRAVATED!
I did not know that they were not available. Thanks, I will wait until Wizard101 announces it. I still don't know why Wizard101 does not
sell all their bundles on their site. Most everyone buys on line. It would be so convenient to have everything available for your gamers
on site and ready to go..... On line purchases is the way to sell.... I give you my money, you give me code, BOOM! done deal. You
are Happy and I am HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! hahaha

Thanks Wizard101 (Awesome Game)
LaRouge1
They always go online after being out for awhile, and some people like collecting the physical cards

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
is the Grand tourney gauntlet bundle available in Canada. It is such a pain when as Canadians so much stuff is not available to us. I really hope this one is

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I can always count on GameStop and Target to stock KI gift cards. All the Walmart in my area don't bother to stock KI game cards. There is only one and they only stock a couple of the older $39 cards.
Its a shame that Walmart has an exclusive on some cards when so many KI players have a hard time finding them stocked at their local stores.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dreamweaver464 on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
is the Grand tourney gauntlet bundle available in Canada. It is such a pain when as Canadians so much stuff is not available to us. I really hope this one is
no, it's not available here yet.

i've asked ki about it in the past, and they referred me to the card manufacturers... who referred me back to ki. it's really sad that we have to wait 6 months to a year for stuff that our american friends already have (that spiral cup bundle still isn't available here and, if memory serves, that's been purchasable in the us for over a year); it makes it a lot harder to find someone to run the instances with because, by the time we are able to get it, the gauntlet is no longer in high demand and the american players likely already have 3 more in the time it takes us to get one.

personally, i don't see why ki doesn't just make everything available to everyone online. it probably costs less, and would generate a higher revenue, due to all players being able to purchase it.

-von "gimme my timmies and no one gets hurt" shadowsong
canadian wizard, exalted

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Dr Von on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
no, it's not available here yet.

i've asked ki about it in the past, and they referred me to the card manufacturers... who referred me back to ki. it's really sad that we have to wait 6 months to a year for stuff that our american friends already have (that spiral cup bundle still isn't available here and, if memory serves, that's been purchasable in the us for over a year); it makes it a lot harder to find someone to run the instances with because, by the time we are able to get it, the gauntlet is no longer in high demand and the american players likely already have 3 more in the time it takes us to get one.

personally, i don't see why ki doesn't just make everything available to everyone online. it probably costs less, and would generate a higher revenue, due to all players being able to purchase it.

-von "gimme my timmies and no one gets hurt" shadowsong
canadian wizard, exalted
You know, the one thing that baffles me is this... how could a new bundle be already available to select stores in the US while it's yet to be publicly available to the rest of the US & later countries to follow? Once I spotted that bundle on the Stars of the Spiral before it's proper time of announcement, I was thrilled that KI was continuing making their new housing gauntlet bundles, like the previous 3 bundles, by far. I didn't know at that time being that the bundle wouldn't be properly available to purchase yet.

You spoke with KI & the card manufacturers about that? Wow. I'm glad they gave you some consult on that. I can hope what they said may ease your patience... maybe.

I sort of feel how you feel, about waiting, in terms of country availability. Us Americans have been enjoying the new bundles by far, while the other countries have to wait about the randomized amounts of time before they can get their hands on them. I would presume it takes plenty of work to have them localized, translated to other languages, if necessary, & have them tested again & again before it's launch. It's kind of rough waiting to the other people from different countries out there, but I know how long waiting can be frustrating to many people. Unless new greater advancements to technology & transportations to make game content availability easier to the rest out there someday, we'll have to endure it & make the best of it we can.

Don't worry. In due time, they may have the bundles like us in the US.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
angellove62 on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
I wanna know when is it officially releasing?
I've been waiting for an announcement for not too long. Is it up yet?