Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eagle War Shield **warning**

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
For those of you that need to complete the Azteca crafting quest given by Oztomeca in Three Points - Crafting the Eagle War Shield - you know this can be a difficult quest to complete. The ingredients required are not all easy to come by and perhaps the most difficult is the Potent Trap TC. At least it was for me. They are not tradeable, can't be purchased in the Bazaar or from any card vendors and there's no recipe for it. The only way to get one is from a boss drop. And the bosses are not pushovers by any stretch.
Anyway, I managed to get all of the ingredients but since I did yet not have access to the Mangrove Swamp I was unable to fulfill the part of the quest that requires you to go to a specific area in the Swamp to get Agave Leaves. But since I already had the Agave Leaves in my inventory (from Silver Chests) I went ahead and crafted the War Shield. WITH THE ONE POTENT TRAP TC I HAD! You guessed it, it doesn't count. So I am now the proud owner of a wall decaration and an incomplete quest.
Don't be in a hurry like I was. Do everything in order or suffer the consequences.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
I've already completed the Eagle War Shield and the next one too (in Khrysalis, Silent Market). The last one was very easy. I think, it was a lot easier than the Aztecan one.
So, to become a Promethean Crafter is really easy.
After that, you can buy the Treetop Getaway house recipe and spend days to craft it :)
Good Luck!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
That stinks about your war shield. I'm having a ton of trouble with the Potent Trap TC. Anyone have any tips?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I did the same. I also contacted support. They advanced the quest for me, allowing me to get credit.

Good Luck.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
I have two wizards that are stuck on the Eagle War Shield crafting quest, because of the Potent Trap tc. Can anyone tell me how to get it? Which bosses drop it? This is the worst crafting recipe ever. The agave nectar is impossible to find, too. I have 200 Agave leaves in my backpack and only 2 nectar. Clearly there is a problem with harvesting leaves to get it.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Hannah Lifebringer on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
I did the same. I also contacted support. They advanced the quest for me, allowing me to get credit.

Good Luck.
I considered contacting support as well but then I figured I'm the one who messed it up so I'll just fix it myself. I had enough of the other items to craft another Shield so I just made a few runs through the Azteca bosses and got another Potent Trap TC. I crafted a new Shield and the quest is done.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
SunnyAA on Jun 14, 2015 wrote:
I have two wizards that are stuck on the Eagle War Shield crafting quest, because of the Potent Trap tc. Can anyone tell me how to get it? Which bosses drop it? This is the worst crafting recipe ever. The agave nectar is impossible to find, too. I have 200 Agave leaves in my backpack and only 2 nectar. Clearly there is a problem with harvesting leaves to get it.
Here's how I got the Agave Nectar:
In The Zocalo, Three Points, The Cenote and Mangrove Marsh there are a number of spots where Silver Chests will re-spawn on a regular occasion. I made the rounds several times a day over about a week and managed to get quite a lot of the nectar as well as Turquoise, Aether, Grendelweed, Sunstone and more. At this juncture of the game Silver Chests almost always give two relatively rare reagents and a high level TC. (unfortunately, no Potent Trap TC so far)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
TucsonWizard on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
For those of you that need to complete the Azteca crafting quest given by Oztomeca in Three Points - Crafting the Eagle War Shield - you know this can be a difficult quest to complete. The ingredients required are not all easy to come by and perhaps the most difficult is the Potent Trap TC. At least it was for me. They are not tradeable, can't be purchased in the Bazaar or from any card vendors and there's no recipe for it. The only way to get one is from a boss drop. And the bosses are not pushovers by any stretch.
Anyway, I managed to get all of the ingredients but since I did yet not have access to the Mangrove Swamp I was unable to fulfill the part of the quest that requires you to go to a specific area in the Swamp to get Agave Leaves. But since I already had the Agave Leaves in my inventory (from Silver Chests) I went ahead and crafted the War Shield. WITH THE ONE POTENT TRAP TC I HAD! You guessed it, it doesn't count. So I am now the proud owner of a wall decaration and an incomplete quest.
Don't be in a hurry like I was. Do everything in order or suffer the consequences.
LOL did you seriously say it was hard? As soon as i got the quest, i had everything i needed to craft it. Its not that difficult to do again.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
TucsonWizard on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Contact KI, they may be able to help. This is a hard quest because of the potent trap TC. It took me about 2 weeks to get that card, and once I did, I may have actually cheered aloud. Good luck!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
Which boss dd you farm to get potent trap

Survivor
Dec 11, 2013
Really? I finished this crafting quest, along with the Khrysalis quest, on the same day with no problems at all.

For agave leaves, there's a LOT of that in Khrysalis. You can buy the transmute agave nectar recipe from Popol Vuh Whitepaper in Alto Alto.

About the potent trap TC, I got mine the second run from a boss in the Zocalo called Malakeen Moondrinker. He resides in Yacate's house. I highly reccomend farming him if you still need the treasure card.

Good luck!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
It is still nowhere near as bad as what Zafaria was lol