Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bundle/Game card availability at Walmart

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I thought I would start a topic on this issue since many, many folks have ongoing issues getting any game cards or at least the newer ones at their local Walmart. There does not seem to be a pattern that I can tell. The Walmart stores in my area have a much smaller section for these things in general and the employees while helpful cannot even find the cards in the system even with the right codes. It simply appears many stores have stopped carrying these cards, so it is not about them being sold out. They never had them.

I know in other threads, Wizard 101 customers have indicated issues ranging from no availability to only availability of bundles that have been out for while. In the last 1 1/2 years I have noticed that my local Walmart stores have not carried any of the new bundles that KI has released. The latest one was the Mystic fishing bundle. And there appears to be no availability of the new Grand Tourney Gauntlet Bundle, although it is still early and I am not sure if the bundle has been officially announced.

This has been well documented, with issues even listed in online blogs for Wizard 101. It is very disappointing when your kids want these as birthday presents but cannot get them. And I won't pay large prices to buy them from Ebay. I am sure this is not what KI intended, as my family has really enjoyed the game over the years and buying them online from Ebay simply seems like exploitation.

I am not sure how these are done from a business end but I would ask that KI work with Walmart to increase availability in store and perhaps online through them. Either that or make them available elsewhere. I know bundles eventually go online through Wizard 101 but frankly after so much time passes my kids are not interested in them any more and want the newer one that they cannot get, unless it is at Gamestop. They do a great job of stocking these.

Thanks for listening and please post if you have had any luck at Walmart or conversely if you have had troubles getting newer cards from your local Walmart.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
I am having the same problem. I have been looking for Aztecan Builder and the Grand Tourney with no Luck.
I have searched on line and at the stores (Walmart/GameStop). This is so Aggravating! I have three Walmarts
and two Game stops that I visit besides looking on line. Neither of these places seem to keep in stock enough
of the Wizard101 game cards. I just wish Wizard101 would offer all their games cards on their site. It would
make things so much easier for everyone. Thanks for posting, I am sure we are not the only ones that want
Wizard101 to PLEASE fix this.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sounds like you have a problem with your local Walmarts and GameStop. Have you tried talking to a department manager? I got the Grand Tourney Bundle at mine a few weeks ago and it hasn't even been announced yet.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Its not impossible to find bundles. Speak with a store manager, ask friends, ask KI, search KI other wizard101 forums, and even online for leads and tips to acquire all the bundles you want!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I appreciate the helpful replies however I have talked with managers and workers at Wal-Mart at many local stores. The issue is many Wal-Mart's across the county have decided not to place or carry them. It is a well established fact that depending on where you live, you may not be able to get the bundles.

I have tried going in with the correct codes for them to even look it up. It unfortunately does not help.

Oh well, lots of money to be had by KI is simply not coming there way unless they do something about it.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
The problem is kingsisle has given walmart exclusivity on selling the tourney bundle, but walmart isn't carrying it. KI should stop dealing with them. I would like the bundle. I live in an area where I have access to pretty much everything so it is unusual to not find what I am looking for. I have no problem when they have the gamestop exclusive cards.

Kingsisle please stop giving exclusivity to walmart. I'm all "Here take my money!" and they are messing it up.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
It's not a just Walmart problem. My TRU doesn't even carry the cards anymore.
I work at Walmart. If you have the UPC code they can look it up, but if they don't carry it at that location they have to add it and then they can look it up. None in my area carries it, and each time the vendor that handle the gaming cards is in, I ask.
Call 1-800-Walmart with the UPC's and ASK them why the stores and online isn't carrying them. Posting here does not help, calling Walmart does. Let them know the bundles they show are the OLD ones. Walmart dot com is not doing a good job at updating. For all we know the bundles they show, if you buy them will be the new ones (aka instead of the prehistoric one is the mystic one) but who wants to spend 29 dollars on a bundle you have just to find out? I don't.
I have even writen the supplier that KI said I should. I never heard back from them. I suspect this is something with the supplier (maker of the cards that actually handles it going to the stores) NOT with the stores or KI.
The cards are Non Replinshable which is just fancy wording for not an item the stores have authority to order themselves. My store has tried.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
This issue continues with no end in sight. If it is indeed the game card supplier then they perhaps need to find someone else. I didn't believe it was the supplier since the local Gamestops carry all the new cards. I suppose they could use a different supplier for each place but I doubt it.

Calling the 800 number at Wal-Mart,while a good suggestion, has not changed anything. I guess KI either does not make enough money on these to care or does not think this is a big issue. I am disappointed in the response to these issues which is basically wait 1-2 years to get them online. At that rate their may be another handful of bundles that people cannot get from this retailer.

I also realize that KI will not post and call out a partner of theirs on the forum but a simple, "Thanks for the feedback, we are working with our supplier/partners to address concerns with bundle availability", would go a long way.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
It does and did work. All my local stores now carry both the fishing and tourney.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
mittensk on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
It does and did work. All my local stores now carry both the fishing and tourney.
I hope other stores will get them but my do not have them.

Were they only recently available at your Walmart? Did you have issues getting this before? If so, did you do something special to get them (other that the app) to carry the cards?

As I said in the other friend how to you know Walmart is correcting the issue? Did you talk with someone?