Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Easiest Way to get chests in fishing?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
:( I am trying to get a Pirahna Hunter but as of lately I can't seem to reel in any chests.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
I don't think there's an easiest way, as much as I've experienced it's all luck. But I don't really fish that much.

Shelby Skyslinger
Archmage

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
If you want the Pirahna Hunter pet then I suggest you go farm HIsser if your level is high enough. I got 2 Pirahna Hunter Pets that way. My friend got one to. I think it a pretty good chance for a drop. Plus I never heard of anyone getting one out of a fishing chest.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
hopefulz33 on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
If you want the Pirahna Hunter pet then I suggest you go farm HIsser if your level is high enough. I got 2 Pirahna Hunter Pets that way. My friend got one to. I think it a pretty good chance for a drop. Plus I never heard of anyone getting one out of a fishing chest.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted
Alright I was just trying to avoid farming Hisser XD, and I saw someone pull one out a fishing chest on youtube. Hopefully I can find people to farm Hisser with

Survivor
Jan 07, 2015
Well What You CAN Do Is Just Hope, Its Not Really Luck Its Really Much Just Random So You Don't Know When So There Isn't Really An Easy Way To get Chests In Fishing I Hope This Really Helps

-Ellie LegendBreeze
Level 48Master Necromancer

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
If your still trying to get chests, try looking for the largest, fattest fish in the pond. I get a lot of chests that way. But never have gotten a pet out of it.

Steven
Fish Whisperer

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Make sure to fish in the same place that the person in the video did. Some items from treasure chests are only obtainable from certain places. Other than that i don't know any way to get more treasure chests. Good luck!

Timothy Darksword lvl 74

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I find treasure chests by looking for the smaller fish.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
It's funny...
One person says look for the big fish, the other one says look for the small fish. I've gotten a couple of Piranha Hunter pets from chests but sorry, I don't remember exactly where. I'm fairly certain that there is no real way to tell what you're going to catch by looking at the silhouettes.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Steven Hawk on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
If your still trying to get chests, try looking for the largest, fattest fish in the pond. I get a lot of chests that way. But never have gotten a pet out of it.

Steven
Fish Whisperer
Actually my first chest i got a crabling out of