Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rent-A-House System Idea!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2012
So, we've all had that moment where we're sick of our dorm and want to move out. So, we march over to the Wizard City house shop and see a nice house. YEESH! 8,000 gold? That's a lot for low levels ( About level 20 and under ). But the dorm is still getting on my nerves!
When that moment happens, we should be able to rent a house. My ideas are one of two

A: Be able to rent a house for a certain amount of time ( Maybe a week? ) For half the price. Or a day for 1/8 of the price, be able to put your furniture in it, and when the time runs out, the furniture goes back into your backpack.

B: Use the random, empty houses in worlds like Wizard City and Marleybone, particularly in non-combat zones like the Commons. You could rent them for a day for only about 500 gold! That would be great for free-to-play players who can't afford more expensive houses.

More details on B are that they would all be on a certain realm. Example, you rent a house in realm Wu. For one day, you're the only person on that realm that could use that one particular house.

I don't think this would cause overcrowding because:
-There are tons of houses
-Tons of servers
-It costs money
-Not everyone would buy them

I truthfully think this would just be better for the Wizard101 community in general. It would help lower levels have a house and enjoy it. Thanks for taking the time to consider this.