Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2014
Hey guys.

I was wondering your opinion about side quests. I am currently in Marleybone doing the counterweights and Big Ben. I'm a level 34 . So far I have done all the side quests in Wizard City. I'm finishing up Krokotopia side quests.

Are side quests worth the time? I understand you can level up faster, which is a good thing. Do you do side quests?

Megan Rose

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Well I think the first Wizard you have it is worth doing all the side quests. If you level any more Wizards then you can pick your favorite quests to do. On my first Balance Wizard I did every quest in every world until I reached Exalted. When they up the level cap I will also do the side quests I have not finished. I mostly soloed on that wizard so I just took my time and explored everything I could. So Yes IMHO it is very worth it.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted

Survivor
Jul 25, 2014
Hey!

I can't help myself by not doing them. I tried to do just the main quest with my , but I can't watch those
exclamation marks over there heads. So I try to do the side quests of the room first and then the main one.
I'm in Marleybone too, and you get like 1000 EXP for these quests. And you get to fight more bosses, which is always great.

Peace!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Well when I was back in Celestia I was pretty 'underlevel' ( you are supposed to be lvl 48 when you hit Celestia) but I was about level 40 and this made it EXTREMELY difficult because I didn't have the lvl 48 spell. The reason was because I NEVER did any of the side quests.But later on in high lvls you will probably catch due to the massive xp gain from main quests. So I would say skip the mooshu side quests (do a few) and do the dragonspyre quests.

-Alexander DragonSword lvl 100

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I do everything in the game except for PvP. Storyline quests? Check. Side quests? Check. Gardening? Check. Fishing? Check. Pet training? Check. Crafting? Check.

Not just with one wizard, with all 12. You're paying for it (assuming you're paying for it), why wouldn't you do everything? Except for PvP.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Side quests really do depend on your playstyle. If you're a player that wants to go through the main story line really quick and see everything through and done with like me, side quests are a nuisance. If you're a player with lots of time and interest in everything not main, side quests are your friend. Side quests are also kind of optional level-ups; you can either take your time to do them, get the XP, and level up, or just ignore them. Once you get to worlds like Avalon and Zafaria, side quests are DEFINITELY worth your time. They give just as much XP as your normal quests, and also come with little but awesome bonuses. In my opinion, yes, it just depends on when.

-Venom