Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New life AoE & ideas for the rest of the schools

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Okay first of all this is for the next storyline arc so i won't touch the "low level life AoE discussion"

Stats:

800-850 damage to all enemies plus 1 DoT effect for 3 rounds causing 500 damage.

yeah i know "too OP for life". Well let me tell you that all the other schools have spells similar like this and this would be the second life AoE in the ENTIRE GAME, geez. We deserve a little power ya know .

Animation:

A tree sprouts out and a forest like landscape appears, a bear cub walks in all cute and all. He pulls off a berry from a nearby plant and he eats it. His right arm grows in a pop, then his left leg, then he becomes a giant bear with green flame-ish eyes and 3 green spikes out of his back that look like jade. He stands on his two legs and from the tree, a hole bursts out. A million squirrels (or ants, more real life wise) come out of it and surround the player just before the bear put's his hands together and smashes the victim. For the second enemy same thing goes, squirrels, SMASH!, squirrels, SMASH! and so on. Then the bear raises his arm and a group of bees or wasps sprout out of the tree, launching themselves towards the target placing the DoT, then the next enemy get's bees again, then the next, and so on.

Name: Cub & Friends (the card picture would be the cub's face with rosey cheeks.)

tell me your thoughts! is it to OP? is this a good redemption for the life wizards? what other new spells for the other schools you can think of? thanks for reading!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Lifedude, there's a thread about new spells and spell animations made by Bartleby. It's called "How would you do it?" That is a very good Life spell IMO but you might want to post your ideas in that other thread.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
I have complete knowledge of that thread, but i feel that in that thread they don't pay much attention to the spells they make there, i've seen many incredible spells that rarely get mentioned or implemented.

I felt like making a new thread to see if they could actually read my idea, but you do have a point, i'll go to that thread and post a link to this one.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
You do have a point. Big threads like that one are very hard to manage I think. And I agreed with your Seraph improvement.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
New Spell:
Name: Valiant Defense
Cost: 8 Pips
Type: Spell Quest only
Level: I'd say about 70-85, somewhere between those levels.

Animation: A white or blue Pegasus comes down from the sky, and casts a spell on your entire team. Then he turns and casts a spell on the entire enemy team, and rams an enemy.

Effect: The Pegasus casts a -45% shield ward on all your team, and a 100 + 300 over 3 rounds on the caster's team. When the Pegasus turns, he casts a -10% negative charm on the entire enemy team. The enemy the caster chose will then be rammed by the Pegasus for 800 damage.

Regarding Sun Enchants: If it's a damage one the shield turns into -50% , the heal 150 + 350 over 3 rounds, the charm -15%, and the damage 900

Note: If any of the other schools say it's too OP, Ice's job is to protect, and this would be the first EVER heal for Ice. And the heal individually is not even that powerful. It's just 400 which is just refunding some of the damage done to you at those levels.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
Max Sterling on May 21, 2015 wrote:
New Spell:

Animation: A white or blue Pegasus comes down from the sky, and casts a spell on your entire team. Then he turns and casts a spell on the entire enemy team, and rams an enemy.

Effect: The Pegasus casts a -45% shield ward on all your team, and a 100 + 300 over 3 rounds on the caster's team. When the Pegasus turns, he casts a -10% negative charm on the entire enemy team. The enemy the caster chose will then be rammed by the Pegasus for 800 damage.

Regarding Sun Enchants: If it's a damage one the shield turns into -50% , the heal 150 + 350 over 3 rounds, the charm -15%, and the damage 900

Note: If any of the other schools say it's too OP, Ice's job is to protect, and this would be the first EVER heal for Ice. And the heal individually is not even that powerful. It's just 400 which is just refunding some of the damage done to you at those levels.
Yeah the ice spell is OP attack + heal is deaths thing none of the others schools besides life and death have healing type spells (save a few lower heals) And if anything myth needs a AOE since the only one besides Mythic Colossus is earthquake and humungo frog which are weak and Earthquake is mostly for PvP anyway

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
As you wish. No heal for Valiant Defense, the rest stays the same. but besides that, there's this:

Name: Freezing Cold
School:
Cost: 4 pips
Type: Spell Quest Only
Level: Somewhere 50-65

Animation: A very cold wind (not a blizzard though) passes through the character targeted.

Effect: 100 + 300 over 3 rounds, while enchanted 150 + 350 over 3 rounds, and then a -10% shield on who it is casted.

Note: Healing is much more than just and things, and in no way are the other heals cheap. Balance's heal is very good. Fire is pretty adept at healing themselves too, and Storm's heal is greater than Satyr (if your luck is good enough)! Pretty much the only schools who don't have a heal are Ice and Myth, with max level PvP slowly declining on Ice, and Myth pretty much the hardest school to PvP at max level.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
myth rocks on May 21, 2015 wrote:
Yeah the ice spell is OP attack + heal is deaths thing none of the others schools besides life and death have healing type spells (save a few lower heals) And if anything myth needs a AOE since the only one besides Mythic Colossus is earthquake and humungo frog which are weak and Earthquake is mostly for PvP anyway
I beg to differ. Ice has very low attack and heal, this would be like a "redemption" for ice, as a matter of fact, here is what i think should be a redemption for each school in the next arc

: Fire needs a bit more healing spells, they have high attack and decent defense, but c'mon, they're heals are just sad (IMO)
: Like max sterling said, ice needs a heal and attack boost, maybe not together, but atleast one each
: Defence, maybe a shielding spell, that way they could increase they're chances of survival and not just attack
: Not another AoE, what you guys need is a heal.
: Same thing with storm.
: This is the purpose of this thread.
: Hmmmm maybe a AoE? i'm not sure if theres many for this school.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
You do have a point. Big threads like that one are very hard to manage I think. And I agreed with your Seraph improvement.
Thank you. What i really hope is that kingsisle would actually use this idea to redeem the wizards (and give all the schools what they truly need, even if it's a little)

Now, remember how i said "I won't touch the low life AoE discussion" forget that.

I would be pleased if a moderator or a kingisle employee would answer me why can't have one, and if they answer "life is for healing" or " doesn't have one too" my answers will be:

1. No, don't label a school, i've seen wizards do more damage then wizards. Any school can have the same abilities as any other, to an extent.
2. doesn't have one too? deer knight

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
lifedude2002 on May 22, 2015 wrote:
Thank you. What i really hope is that kingsisle would actually use this idea to redeem the wizards (and give all the schools what they truly need, even if it's a little)

Now, remember how i said "I won't touch the low life AoE discussion" forget that.

I would be pleased if a moderator or a kingisle employee would answer me why can't have one, and if they answer "life is for healing" or " doesn't have one too" my answers will be:

1. No, don't label a school, i've seen wizards do more damage then wizards. Any school can have the same abilities as any other, to an extent.
2. doesn't have one too? deer knight
Thank you for your support Lifedude. And has 3 AoE's: Sandstorm, Power Nova, and Ra. I don't think they need an AoE though. A normal Balance facing your average street mob would just enchant Sandstorm and get by fine. And if you're too low you have the wonderful Bazaar. And if you're short on Gold, you can always farm bosses in Wizard City for the enchantment: Tough.

No, another heal would be, not that good IMO. If you look at their list of spells, Link and Power Link are basically upgrades, so something reasonable would be an upgrade to that. Get ready for fiery math:

Link - 30 + 150 & 15 + 105 over 3 rounds - obtained at level 12

Power Link - 55 + 345 & 40 + 240 over 3 rounds - obtained at level 55

So that would mean:

Ultra Link - 110 + 690 & 80 + 480 over 3 rounds - obtained at level 108

I know it's not perfect math, but I had to do some modifications to fit the damage of those levels.

Thank you for my original Valiant Defense

Overcharged Shield:

3 -25% Shield (do not stack, so you're covered for 3 attacks) on self OR +75% Trap on self

60% chance for positive ward, 40% chance for trap

Ancient Fountain:

Animation: An ancient-looking fountain appears, a grail with water floats to the caster and is healed.

Effect: +500 if casted on , , or . +800 if casted on , , or . +650 if casted on .

The reasoning for this is that Storm, Fire and Death are associated with chaos, and Ice, Myth, and Life are, at least calmer. Balance has a little of both therefore, in the middle. Besides this would make a cool new spell function.

No idea for Death.

You have one.

Turn 2 white pips, into 2 Power Pips on the selected target. Only useable once per target.

As for low level AoE's . . . you're generating agro Lifedude. If you say low level wizards need an AoE you'll get people saying how different schools need to endure through different scenarios . . . trust me, I've been there . . . No offense intended.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lifedude2002 on May 22, 2015 wrote:
I beg to differ. Ice has very low attack and heal, this would be like a "redemption" for ice, as a matter of fact, here is what i think should be a redemption for each school in the next arc

: Fire needs a bit more healing spells, they have high attack and decent defense, but c'mon, they're heals are just sad (IMO)
: Like max sterling said, ice needs a heal and attack boost, maybe not together, but atleast one each
: Defence, maybe a shielding spell, that way they could increase they're chances of survival and not just attack
: Not another AoE, what you guys need is a heal.
: Same thing with storm.
: This is the purpose of this thread.
: Hmmmm maybe a AoE? i'm not sure if theres many for this school.
You seem to want all schools to be the same. There's not a single thing on this that I think and of my wizards needs. As for Life needing a low level AOE, it really doesn't.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
New Spell:

Modification to Valiant Defense: The heal would be 150 + 450 over 3 rounds, while the pip cost would be 7 pips and 1 shadow pip. You would get it somewhere between levels 101-110.

Regarding the Balance spell: I forgot to name it. It would be "Evolve Pip" or "Mutate Pip".

And, while I can't say as I haven't played a wizard, I think that Life has done well in making up for no AoE's at lower levels, and therefore now longer needs one.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
A low level AoE, I mean. Made it kind of unclear there.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
seethe42 on May 22, 2015 wrote:
You seem to want all schools to be the same. There's not a single thing on this that I think and of my wizards needs. As for Life needing a low level AOE, it really doesn't.
You have a point, maybe i got a tad bit to far feched, let's just go back to the ideas for new spells. Like max said, i think i should just forget the whole "low level AoE" I actually don't need it, like you and max said, my centaur has a base damage of 650 so no need.

so back to topic, new spells anyone?

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Isis (The goddess in Egypt): Because they have a Ra, Isis is like the goddess of magic in Egyptian mythology and it looks kind of like what Ra does, but instead of a staff, she just has a wand and is kind of like almost a boss.
Damage: 1000-1150
Pips: 8-9
Type: Spell Quest and Treasure Card
Level: 88

Cheyenne StormHunter
Transcendent Diviner
Level 77

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DreamGalleon21154 on May 28, 2015 wrote:
Isis (The goddess in Egypt): Because they have a Ra, Isis is like the goddess of magic in Egyptian mythology and it looks kind of like what Ra does, but instead of a staff, she just has a wand and is kind of like almost a boss.
Damage: 1000-1150
Pips: 8-9
Type: Spell Quest and Treasure Card
Level: 88

Cheyenne StormHunter
Transcendent Diviner
Level 77
Isis would make more sense as a Heal All spell if she were added. She's also the goddess of healing and is the one who restored Ra to life.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Agreed, Isiris should be a AoE heal.

Idea for Spells:

New Spell:
Name: Elemental Discharge
Cost: 6 Pips
Level: 60 - 90

150 damage + 800 random , , or damage over 3 rounds.

New Spell:
Name: Spiritual Discharge
Level: 60 - 90

150 damage + 800 random , , or damage over 3 rounds.

New Spell:
Name: Spiritual Minion
Level: 101 - 110

Summon random , , or minion.

Helpful Satyr
Health: 5,000
Function: Healing
Spells: Centaur, Forest Lord, Life Shield, Death Shield, Sprite, Fairy (life version) Satyr, Guiding Light, Triage, Sanctuary

Restless Wraith
Health: 4,800
Function: Blade-Stacked Attacks
Spells: Death Shield, Life Shield, Wraith, Skeletal Dragon, Doctor Von's Monster, Death Blade, Death Trap, Feint, Infection, Pacify (or whatever death version is called), Dark Pact, Empower, Sacrifice

Charmed Minotaur
Health: 4,500
Function: Ward/Charm Removal
Spells: Cleanse Charm, Cleanse Ward, Steal Charm, Steal Ward, Minotaur, Earthquake, Orthurs, Myth Shield, Storm Shield

New Spell
Name: All-Out
Cost: 5 Pips
Level: 80 - 100

Take 900 damage, 2 Infections on self, +30% Critical Chance for 4 rounds.

I took these ideas from complaints that Balance doesn't have enough "other school" spells. Elemental/Spiritual Discharges are from Fire 'cause of DoT, Spiritual Minion from Myth 'cause minions, and All-Out Storm and Death, because the caster is getting higher damage, and dealing damage to self to get stronger .