Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Join-a-Team question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Last night I used Join-a-Team once - signing up and then wandering randomly around Olde Town until #4 triggered the teleport. And it worked awesome, as I finally managed to get a team together to finish Briskbreeze!

My question is, now that a wizard is able to wander around while waiting on a Team, what happens if I leave the sigil to go fight a mob while I wait? If using the kiosk, can I wander outside Olde Town and into one of the three infested streets? What happens when #4 joins the team or the countdown runs out? If there is more than one person fighting the mob, does the one waiting for the team end up abandoning the mob fight?

I would try it myself, but I don't want to upset any players in case the answer is something other than ideal. (I think wizards ought to at least know what to expect in such situations.)

Thanks,
Seth DeathBreath lvl61

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Sneezypants05 on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
Last night I used Join-a-Team once - signing up and then wandering randomly around Olde Town until #4 triggered the teleport. And it worked awesome, as I finally managed to get a team together to finish Briskbreeze!

My question is, now that a wizard is able to wander around while waiting on a Team, what happens if I leave the sigil to go fight a mob while I wait? If using the kiosk, can I wander outside Olde Town and into one of the three infested streets? What happens when #4 joins the team or the countdown runs out? If there is more than one person fighting the mob, does the one waiting for the team end up abandoning the mob fight?

I would try it myself, but I don't want to upset any players in case the answer is something other than ideal. (I think wizards ought to at least know what to expect in such situations.)

Thanks,
Seth DeathBreath lvl61
When a 4th player joins or countdown runs out, you'll be teleported into the dungeon with your other teammates.
When you leave Olde Town while waiting to get teleported to the dungeon, you'll see the green dot at the top next to the "Friends" icon when you are in Olde Town or not, Plus you can exit team up by clicking "Cancel Team Up".

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 82

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Colin Stormslinger on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
When a 4th player joins or countdown runs out, you'll be teleported into the dungeon with your other teammates.
When you leave Olde Town while waiting to get teleported to the dungeon, you'll see the green dot at the top next to the "Friends" icon when you are in Olde Town or not, Plus you can exit team up by clicking "Cancel Team Up".

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 82
OK, I know all of the above. It doesn't answer any of my questions. What happens if I decide to join a mob battle while I'm teaming up (whether via sigil or kiosk)?

The simplest thing would be that joining a mob automatically cancels any pending Team-join. But that's not necessarily what actually happens. It's possible that a my wizard is allowed to join a mob AND remain in the Team-Up queue, but that creates the potential conflict that I addressed in the OP.

So what happens if I join a mob fight while teaming up?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Sneezypants05 on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
OK, I know all of the above. It doesn't answer any of my questions. What happens if I decide to join a mob battle while I'm teaming up (whether via sigil or kiosk)?

The simplest thing would be that joining a mob automatically cancels any pending Team-join. But that's not necessarily what actually happens. It's possible that a my wizard is allowed to join a mob AND remain in the Team-Up queue, but that creates the potential conflict that I addressed in the OP.

So what happens if I join a mob fight while teaming up?
You'll still have team up while in a mob fight.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
yes, you will be whisked away mid battle from wherever you are. it happened to me while a friend was in team up. one second he was there, next he was gone. maybe go to an abandoned realm for your time killing mob battles, then you'll only upset the baddies. Or simply let the other wizards know, hey i am in team up so i could poof. people waiting for pvp matches have been doing it this way for ages, its really no big deal.