Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New add on- Cooking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Lately, I've been thinking. There is Crafting, which is making equipment and spells and items. Also theirs Fishing, which is just a fun hobby. And a way to get easy money/a cool housing item. Then Gardening, which is a fun way to get tc, pet snacks, more seeds, and lots more. Though what are we missing? Cooking. I thought Cooking might add a fun hobby to do in the game, it might also help roleplaying even though that's not my point.

Cooking would consist of a new building in the shopping district, this shop would be a grocery store and you would get cooking foods here. It would be like crafting but for food.

When you go home, (you can buy a Fridge/Oven/Counter/Table/and a Chair from the store as well. You need a Fridge, Oven and atleast one Counter to cook) you can make on your kitchen set, food. When you do, it will heal your mana, health, and a catch: Energy! Finally something that gives energy. This would be awesome.

The timing would be like crafting, but with a catch. If you go away for too long after your food it finished cooking, it will go bad. Then you will not be able to eat it.

Of course, Cooking will be a skill, and you can level up in it. The timing when cooking ranges from 1 minute to 20 minutes. It would be a good skill to have, to get easy stats up.

It would fully bring your mana and health up, but would give you 1 to 10 energy depending on the skill of food you are cooking.

I thought this would be a fun skill, if you have any questions about the skill. Leave the question. I will respond. If you have any Ideas, also leave those. I will also respond. :)

-Allison BattleRider lvl 43 1st Age Pet Warlord
-Alexis WaterSpear lvl241st Age Pet Sergeant
-Hunter IceShield lvl 17 Warrior Of Winterbane/Master of Karate and Friendship

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I love your cooking idea!
Food could also be used like potion bottles. Different recipes could add small stat boosts for a small amount of time. (like elixirs)
Furniture that you could interact with would also be a cool idea. (ex. sitting in a chair, opening a fridge)

Cooking will influence people to spend more time in their homes, and invite friends too. (maybe you could cook for friends)

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Olivia Freeman on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Lately, I've been thinking. There is Crafting, which is making equipment and spells and items. Also theirs Fishing, which is just a fun hobby. And a way to get easy money/a cool housing item. Then Gardening, which is a fun way to get tc, pet snacks, more seeds, and lots more. Though what are we missing? Cooking. I thought Cooking might add a fun hobby to do in the game, it might also help roleplaying even though that's not my point.

Cooking would consist of a new building in the shopping district, this shop would be a grocery store and you would get cooking foods here. It would be like crafting but for food.

When you go home, (you can buy a Fridge/Oven/Counter/Table/and a Chair from the store as well. You need a Fridge, Oven and atleast one Counter to cook) you can make on your kitchen set, food. When you do, it will heal your mana, health, and a catch: Energy! Finally something that gives energy. This would be awesome.

The timing would be like crafting, but with a catch. If you go away for too long after your food it finished cooking, it will go bad. Then you will not be able to eat it.

Of course, Cooking will be a skill, and you can level up in it. The timing when cooking ranges from 1 minute to 20 minutes. It would be a good skill to have, to get easy stats up.

It would fully bring your mana and health up, but would give you 1 to 10 energy depending on the skill of food you are cooking.

I thought this would be a fun skill, if you have any questions about the skill. Leave the question. I will respond. If you have any Ideas, also leave those. I will also respond. :)

-Allison BattleRider lvl 43 1st Age Pet Warlord
-Alexis WaterSpear lvl241st Age Pet Sergeant
-Hunter IceShield lvl 17 Warrior Of Winterbane/Master of Karate and Friendship
That would be awesome if they added in cooking. And what if your player could actually eat the food you made? Then the meal could replenish health and mana. Instead of making it to where you had to craft pet snacks, you had to cook/make them through cooking. Awesome idea!

Edward DragonFlame, Level 100

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
As long as it doesn't cost energy then I'm OK with this but I can't say that it's anything that would interest me much. Quite frankly I've got enough to do already what with defeating things, collecting stuff, training things, fishing, growing stuff etc.
Also, I barely have enough room in my homes to store what I already have accumulated. If I have to devote more space to make a kitchen area then count me out.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I don't like this idea... I LOVE this idea! Cooking would definitely add some more fun to the game! I'm all for this!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Oh yes that would be fun i spend time in my house making it look cool. plus i have a place to eat in the house to make it look like its a real one so that would be fun to sit in chairs and ect ..... so with that idea it would be great to have that and its not point less.
AliaDreamSmith level 87

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Great Idea!

Cooking seems cool to buff up your Health and mana.

I hope KI add this

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 81