Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why the gender locked colors... ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
As a player with a max ice wizard and a membership I was not using, I decided to make another wizard. A life, and a balance wizard.. Both females. Now, my first wizard was a male.. And I have another male life wizard I have not used since 2011. That's when I noticed, when I was buying clothes for my female wizards in the bazaar, that the colors are different..
Boys get brown, and females get gold.. Boys get dark brown, and females get the worst pink I've seen in my life.. And I do not like how pink and gold look, specially not that pink.. Also not fair how females get a beautiful blue whilst male get a darker, uglier version for ice wizards..
Bottom line is that as a paying costumer, I'd like to be able to choose between these gender locked colors.. Really annoying how girls get all the lighter colors and boys get all the darker colors..

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Angel Firecoin on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
As a player with a max ice wizard and a membership I was not using, I decided to make another wizard. A life, and a balance wizard.. Both females. Now, my first wizard was a male.. And I have another male life wizard I have not used since 2011. That's when I noticed, when I was buying clothes for my female wizards in the bazaar, that the colors are different..
Boys get brown, and females get gold.. Boys get dark brown, and females get the worst pink I've seen in my life.. And I do not like how pink and gold look, specially not that pink.. Also not fair how females get a beautiful blue whilst male get a darker, uglier version for ice wizards..
Bottom line is that as a paying costumer, I'd like to be able to choose between these gender locked colors.. Really annoying how girls get all the lighter colors and boys get all the darker colors..
you, umm, can pick your colors when you buy at the bazaar, and you can always take stuff to the lady in the shopping district to dye it. The only gear you can't change colors on are crowns items - stuff in horde packs and the like.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I would like the option to wear brown and the like, i actually prefer darker colors for my wizard, I know that it was a while back when the color wheels were decided and since girls of the target age group tend to pick pink and other light "girly" colors over darker colors thats what they went with. At this point any future color add ons will be for newer gear since going back and adding all those colors for the old gear would probably be a pain.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Players have been discussing this a lot over the years. The general consensus is that yes, all colors should be available. Over on the fansites, users are very fond of having a MS Paint-style color tool, so your outfits could have millions of unique color combinations.

It seems like the major roadblock to doing this is the code. But if that can be sorted out, I suspect we'll have more colors eventually.