Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where to use my key

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
I recently completed the house of scales and got a stone skeleton key from it. I am curious as to where I should use it. I know the only options are the one in lower zigazag and the one in the house of scales. I am level 86 and I would like to know which door would give me more worthwhile loot.

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
The Onyx Rose on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
I recently completed the house of scales and got a stone skeleton key from it. I am curious as to where I should use it. I know the only options are the one in lower zigazag and the one in the house of scales. I am level 86 and I would like to know which door would give me more worthwhile loot.
Hello, The Onyx Rose:

For a Stone skeleton Key, you can use it to unlock either:

1. Stone Key Room: House of Scales

2. Stone Key Room: Lower Zigazag

Hard to say which one you'd prefer, so I've linked them to their Wiki pages in case you'd want to see which one you'd be better off unlocking.

So far that's all I know what you can unlock with one stone skeleton key!

Happy Farming!

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
I think I would use the key in the Lower Zigazag Stone key room. The boss there drops a couple nice death wands, a death deck, and a couple pets. I'm not sure exactly but I think the only thing worth while the House of Scales Skeleton key room boss drops that would benefit you would be the Mander Palanquin permanent mount. So I guess its up to what you want to try for. Also if you head over to the Wizard101 Central wiki, it will tell you what has been found to drop off the bosses so far.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
I think you're a bit high level to be in Lower Zigazag, you should probably level to 90 and farm the Tartarus dungeon.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Belgrim MoonDreame... on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
I think you're a bit high level to be in Lower Zigazag, you should probably level to 90 and farm the Tartarus dungeon.
They don't need to farm Tartarus. The drop rates are awful from what I've heard, and besides, it's not difficult to get to level 100 with Wintertusk crafted, Waterworks or Zigazag gear.