Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your Stories! (Emergent play)

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hi,

I have a question for you all. What are your favorite (personal) stories that have come out of Wizard, that may have nothing to do with the Big Plot(s)?

That is, I don't mean you liked THIS Quest or THAT Quest, but rather, "the time my Wizard met some people fishing and we..."

I want to hear about your best experiences and fondest memories!

Some of this may become fodder for a panel I'm going to be on at the East Coast Games Conference. So please, tell me about your characters and their stories. :)

cheers,
Jesse "King Artorius" Scoble

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
King Artorius on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
Hi,

I have a question for you all. What are your favorite (personal) stories that have come out of Wizard, that may have nothing to do with the Big Plot(s)?

That is, I don't mean you liked THIS Quest or THAT Quest, but rather, "the time my Wizard met some people fishing and we..."

Some of this may become fodder for a panel I'm going to be on at the East Coast Games Conference. So please, tell me about your characters and their stories. :)

cheers,
This happened a few years ago, when Celestia was fairly new:
I was trying to complete the Jotun dungeon(s) in Grizzleheim and soloing with my Ice wizard, so I kept defeating one or two mobs and porting out, then going back in. Someone was sitting in Nidavellir and saw what I was doing, laughed (a lot) and we began a conversation. He asked if I wanted some help. Well, yes please. So he friended me and as a Death wizard who was several levels higher, did an amazing amount of damage and helped me defeat the two dungeons I had left.
I went on to solo Dragonspyre for the most part (he ported in for a couple of the tougher battles)...
But he did help me through a lot of Celestia and became a great friend. Sadly he no longer plays, but I have fond memories of our battles together. We were never defeated.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Hi,

cheers,
Well, there was this time that I ventured into the State Wing in Barkingham Palace with some other Wizards, & we had a jolly good time finding out about a crime occurring there. It was not really of a struggle to get through the Corrupted Yeoman Warders & the Enfield Tricksters, but we got to The Woman's Right Hand & he met his match real quick. Although it was not really of a shocker that Catrin Cheshire was one of Dr. Jackall's hired hands, but we quickly caught up to that crazed scientist's scent & headed on to halt his mad plans to use the Queen's jewels to solve his alchemical dilemma & be Mr. Hound forever. It was a good run, though.

However, before we could do that, I used up one of the Wooden Skeleton Keys & found it's secret boss, Billy the Cutter, who was none other than one of Meowiarty's secret agents sent to introduce Cheshire to Dr. Jackall for him, and I had one other Wizard in tow to join in. I was about to call it a run, but I couldn't resist taking on a secret challenge, so we went in and faced Billy in a duel. It was not really a struggling duel, but having to endure Billy's cheats, we kept on dueling & kept on hammering Billy with many spells head-on. Eventually, we toppled him & his Lanyon Scratcher lackeys & we flourished in victory, & I enjoyed how Billy said after his defeat, "YIPE! I give! No need to rub my nose in it!"! Hilarious! It was worth having plenty of fun defeating another secret boss, & it felt really great!

There was even this one time I took on another run through the Hollow Mountain in Kembaalung with another Wizard with me. We walked right into the mountain's depths to stop Tonkatsu's dark plan & rescue George Beagle before his body would become a host of Hamakala's Disharmonious Reign. We plowed through some Wooly Bully monsters & faced Tonkatsu's Hoof Ninjas. We came across Hamakala's Temple of Discord & had to endure the puzzle to prove the Temple Guardian's worth. The other Wizard solved it & we passed through. We endured more Hoof Ninjas & got past them, but not before we got to face Zhu Wuneng blocking our way to Hamakala's tomb. Shortly, we dealt with him & reached Tonkatsu before he could finish his Song of Discord. He heavily relied on using Hamakala's help to stop us, but we withstood his all out attacks with Tonkatsu's own. & soon enough, we stopped Tonkatsu & kept Hamakala imprisoned for a longer time to come, though, I have a feeling we've not seen the last of Tonkatsu & his Hoof Ninjas.

After that, I introduced the Wizard to the Hollow Mountain's secret boss, & gave him the honor of using his Wooden Skeleton Key first so we could face the Temple Phantom together. That spirit utilized the tri-stats of Spirit, Mind & Body to take us down, but we were undeterred. & in time, we snapped him out of Tonkatsu's magical grip & reaped the good rewards. & we left, with good memories of taking that adventure together.

Good of you to ask us a question, Your Majesty. We've got plenty of tales to speak.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I met my best friend on Wizard101 to this day during a PVP match he owned me in. I wasn't too fond of him at first, but we coincidentally kept facing each other (and he kept beating me) so I eventually added him and he started coaching me. My PVP skills haven't improved much, however... Go figure?

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi,

cheers,
Hi,

When I was just starting this game I didn't know what to do, which buttons to press but I managed to start Dragonspyre on my myth wizard i remember in a fog but there was one guy idk if it was just a kid or adult but he was high level and I was noob lol trying to beat some myth minotaurs in Tower archive I was almost dead but he showed and healed me and asked: Do I need company? lol I said: I need someone to teach me how to play fast and then he invited me to assist him with boss ( he was helping his another friend ). I ported and I guess first feeling is cool I am with big league now lol. First he told me about multi shots, shields and heals but I made mistake which I think everyone did and its shooting feint with wand, in that moment he laughed and said: Dang I should of warned you first lol. Promise I made to him that day was " I will learn all about this game and nothing will stop me". We split in different path 3 days after but in that 3 days I was way up in leveling and I was smashing each enemy on my way. I remember that day time to time but I hate myself because I didn't write his name on paper so I can show him how much I have advanced.

I had a lot of friends that have changed or added my expirience in this game even though they where complete strangers I still could feel how good people they are. So now on this day and days ahead I give little part of me to each new wizard that asks for help or needs company cause exalted wizards have a duty to help in any way possible.

Michael BlueBright, Exalted, Myth Conjurer, Technomancer

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Back when I first started farming Olympus for gear, I wound up on a team with a fire and a myth wizard. We got to chatting and complimented each other on our decks and tactics. I was playing balance at the time and I said, "I'm so glad to be on a team that isn't always saying blade me" to which one of my allies replied by saying, "I'm glad to be on a team that actually knows what they're doing" I laughed and the laughter continued as we proceeded to destroy every obstacle in Olympus.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
When my friend and I were on the verge of finishing Marleybone, we met a storm wizard our level. He was so nice to us. According to him, he had a level 90 storm wizard and he would help us defeat Marleybone. It only took us maybe twenty minutes to finish Big Ben. We stuck together until I got into Zafaria, when he quit the game. But my friend (who was on much more than I was) said they would spend forever talking to each other about what was going on in their life (nothing personal) and how he was such a nice guy. I remember one time six months later when I was at level 90 (the highest level at the time) going through my friends list. He is one of the three people who stayed on it, though he hadn't been on in so long.
-Molly

Community Leader
My favorite memory in wiz was when I asked for help with some boss in Krokotopia. At the time, Wintertusk had just dropped.

A max level Storm wizard offered to help me. He brought some of his buddies and a whole bunch of Insane Bolt TC.

Every single fight, they used nothing but Insane Bolts. It was hysterical!

I'm max level now. Whenever I see a lower level player needing help, I always go to the Bazaar to grab some Insane Bolts. They make everything more fun.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Community Leader
I have so many that come to mind and 3 very special ones. My first was way back in 2008, when I first joined the world of Wizard101. I was questing through checking out the Wizard101 game we had found on Tv and my 2 Nephews decided they wanted to play. All it took was seeing Firecat Alley. Although my Nephews don't play as much as they use to I still have so many great memories questing with them 6 years later! Also during the 6 years I have meet some amazing friends; Grace Emeraldgem, Destiny Mistshard and so many from Wizard101 Central, so many it would be hard to name them all. I feel so grateful for the community of Wizard101 players. Not to mention Wow Pirate101. :D

I guess my all time favorite memory is of when my Grandson came to visit and I had to decided to play a game of tag in one of my houses. He was moving my Wizard around chasing all the people in my house. One of my friends, Julia Stormflame was staying pretty close to him and letting him chase her. When all of a sudden he blurts out, she is a evil tooth fairy! I think I about died of laughter right them. She had the Pvp gear on with wings and that is the only thing I could think of for him to call her that. I told Julia and we still mention it from time to time.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
The best memory i had was when my pet finally got Spell Proof, Defy, Damage, Fairy Friend and last was Spritely. I about fell off my chair! It took me 3 years to achieve this because firstly i had no idea about pet training I don't know why but back then it seemed to be a big secret and most of the people who had the best pet talents were PvP Warlords. I could not get a person to hatch with me after i was informed of how to achieve talents. I spent months and months in the hatchery trying to find a willing person when on one lucky day a guy i didn't know offered to hatch with me and proceeded to hatch until my pet finally got his talents. He even bought me a mega snack pack cause he felt so bad after i told him what i had been through. I farmed for pixie stix for 3 months, 3 to 4 times a day everyday. But i was determined to have a perfect pet. I can't even tell you how many fails i had until it happened. I named him Lucky. lol. And i swore i would hatch with anyone who asked and i still do to this day. No one should have to go through what i went through. So when you see rain beetles everywhere think of me, because i started it! lol

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
So I was doing PvP against a Level 75 Fire Warlord, and I was pretty much a noob in knowledge of the game at the time :P I was Private and I usually lost all my PvP matches
So it was pretty intense of a match up, we exchanged lots of hits and I got him to around 1k health. I summoned a Storm Minion because hey, why not :P
Well the minion was useless for me except until near the end, where he aided me with an elemental shield that saved my life!
I polymorphed into a Treant (yes I trained this lol) and started healing myself
That's when I was hit with a full pip multi bladed heckhound
I was going second
So I died
In Treant form
And that very same round, my minion cast a Sprite on me and revived me :D :D :D :D
I quickly healed the round following my death from a DoT and a revive from the "useless" storm minion's timely sprite
I healed myself with a Dryad that hit critical and changed back into normal form, bladed, shielded, and healed a few, and then wiped out my opponent with a devastating kraken
GG
And they said Polymorphs were useless
They also said Storm Minion was useless...WRONG

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It was spring of 2011. I had only been playing the game for a while, and I had made it to Celestia. I was about to enter the Stellarium when another wizard asked me if I needed help. At the time I had my membership, but I didn't have text or open chat. As I would find out later, this fellow who offered to help did not like questing with or friending "mutes", as menu chatters are so affectionately referred to. However this day he decided to help, and he sent a friend request that I accepted.

A few days later I was trying to activate open chat, but was having a difficult time. I was able to activate text chat, but couldn't activate open chat for a while, so I was missing out on a lot of the conversation because he and his friends all had open and weren't doing the filter workarounds.

Eventually I figured it out... my daughter had set up the account with her birthday. Since this was before restrictions were implemented preventing this, I changed the birthday on the account to mine so I could get open chat going and we could properly strategize. We were after all finally starting to come up against cheating bosses, and in some cases round counting became critical. Won, too, tree, for, fifth, etc just wasn't befitting Sylster slayers.

From that point on we did a bit of questing together, but mostly we got together and took on every major dungeon and boss with all of our wizards up until Avalon. He introduced me to quite a few people, and we all had a lot of fun together for a couple of years.

Survivor
May 30, 2013
I was in wysteria and I found a friend about half way though finishing the world and we did all these dungeons but he got phoenix before me and we finished wysteria and did a bit of ms and didn't play for another year and I accidently unfriended him and I think I am a higher level than him now so I always have a phoenix in my deck to remember him I think his name was Austin T

-William Death Crafter

Community Leader
Oh gosh, there are WAY too many positive experiences I've had hear, I'm not even sure which one to choose!

The first one that comes to mind is the time my friend John Shadow decided the Commons on Ambrose realm wasn't quite crazy enough, and wanted to see how people would react to something other than the usual "Can I have a hoard pack?" and "I need a girl!". He brought in all of his accounts (3 subbed accounts and 1 non-subbed), all with wizards named John Shadow, and began arguing with himself, having his various characters, all with the same name and the same clothes, shouting increasingly angrily at each other over the Commons Pond. People were SO. CONFUSED, it was certainly an entertaining experiment, lol.

I remember a few years ago, we had a surprise birthday party for Paige Moonshade. This was just after the tag game and the Sun Palace house had come out, so we had a huge tag game set up with most of the Mercenarires for Hire, a lot of the Central mods, Petnome staff, and some other friends and fansite owners. I asked her to port to give her opinion on how the Sun Palace was decorated, and she ported right into a group of people shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and "SURPRISE!". Then Friendly and Professor Greyrose dropped in to wish her a happy birthday and well and stayed for a little bit of a dance party (with Professor Greyrose transformed into Cyrus Drake, which was only slightly terrifying, lol), then gave Paige her own sheep pet as a gift! It was fantastic to see everyone coming together to celebrate a friend, and to have KI recognize and her honour her like that was the cherry on top.

I could keep going, but... I'm running out of characters, lol. LOVE this game's community!

For gameplay tips, check the official Mercenaries101 fansite! To request free, experienced help with bosses & dungeons, click here for our forum.
Survivor
Feb 04, 2014
Oh man, so many crazy things have happened in the spiral I'm not sure which one to say! Well, I guess I do have a really crazy one. This one time as I was questing in khrysalis in the hive I noticed my friend Brandon in different clothes pure red. I asked him what the heck he was doing but he wouldn't say so I teleported to him. when I was there I couldn't believe what I saw. At least 30 wizards dressed in complete red and even more in blue just all spinning around. I asked Brandon again and he said it was Red vs. Blue. I want back to questing and came back again and there had to be at least 100 people by now! It was crazy.

~Lail MythBane Level 100
~Talon Ashhaven Level 48
~Lail SandBane Level 38

Survivor
Jul 29, 2013
hi your majesty ok my wizard story its a funny one its a short one ok I am a wizard and was in a hurry to get to the new world wintertusk and I did not know at first but I got busy fighting a minion and I had no wand and no manna because I was in a hurry to get to wintertusk.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
On my first account, back in the good ol' days, I made some friends (Unlike real life ), And we would go to each others castles, and pretend it was a hotel, or something like that. It was amazing. Looking back on it, It was so fun! I also have another one.

Also, on my first account, I had some cards, and I had this castle, and I would invite all of my friends, and sometimes I'd ask them to invite there's so it would be a big castle party. But one day, I just invited some of my really good friends I'd known for a while on there, we just had this small little 'party' Just talked, Battled, and had a good time!

These sound silly, but they were truly amazing, and It's been awesome to make so many good memories with this game!

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
hello
i remember when i first got to dragonsphyre i was so excited i would fight malistare so i got right to questing i had a quest to defeat this ice boss in the tower arcives i think was the place well anyway the boss was ice i thought i could defeat him without any converts but i was wrong i was not prepared for the 7000 health and the 80 resist we fought for along time i had somonded many minions and finally i called a friend we fought for a wile and i was in the 30s of my health and we defeated him. if i get to a high level i told myself i would come back with armor pierceing shrike and infallible and pierce through his resist and defeat him with out comverts for revege heehee hee

Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
I'm a dentist in real life (not in Dragonspyre Necropolis, though my second practice will be there one day).

I was in Mirror Lake (when it was the newest thing) with a random group on my Life Wiz...

I met a Death Wiz there...a nurse and a published science fiction writer in real life...coincidently she lived 45 min from me.... became a dental patient (along with her mother) in real life.

They are now both great friends and wonderful sources for inspiration and tips on my fantasy writing...

When the office asked who referred you to the doctor...they said Morgrim Dragonstalker in Wizard 101...

...classic!

In real life... :)

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I was playing darkmoore shortly after it and the new dances had come out. (keep this in mind important to the story)

Anyway malistare was doing his whole "im an all powerful undefeatable awesome guy of awesome" speech that he does the first time you go to darkmoor then someone comes out of the first part of the dungeon and i can see in chat all of the cheers of joy while some guy just starts doing the funky dance....(or was it oppa) behind malistare.... as you can imagine it ruined the mood of doom and replaced it with I cant take this seriously. It was like when the hero mocks the bad guy in the backround in one of those parody style comics.

I just loled for half a minute before going in

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Hmm... I have fond memories back in the older days of Wizard101, like 2009 and 2010 (I was on another account).

I remember the update that let us place mounts and pets in our houses.
I bought myself the Myth house, and made a zoo. I had a Piggle exhibit, Firecat exhibit, Death exhibit, etc.
I would charge people treasure cards to come and visit, and I got quite a lot of guests! I expanded upon it until I hit the pet limit for my house, in which I was pretty devastated, haha.

Those were good times... I had a lot of friends then that became friends that I even talked to on skype and texting, eventually. Sadly, they do not play anymore, and I started a new account just to start all over with a new username and so I could start absolutely fresh on both Pirate101 and Wizard101.
I miss the old days of Wizard101. They are so nostalgic.

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Once upon a time there was a young wizard named Blake DarkBreaker. He loved being a diviner. He was level 49 at the time of this experience. He did barkingham palace with level 100 friends. Piece of cake, except the boss. The 2 level 100s left and I was on my own with a level 72 balance named Jeffery. (Balance and level 72 is OK, But it would take longer) DR. jackall, probably the creepiest guy ever, was who we had to defeat. So we started.

Jeffery casted good blades on me. But he never attacked, maybe wanting me to. So I saved up pips for a tempest and before I casted it, jackall said, " Wanna see my REAL face?" And transformed into this crazy wolf, donkey, bigfoot, snake tounged monster and cheated a TON! I casted another tempest but he had a shield on! I knew I wasn't gonna defeat him. Of course I won't! I thought.

But we wouldn't give up! I had to cast a million pixies and satyrs and then I was out of them. I had only 300 health and then he casted frostbite. It attacked me for 2 rounds and I was gonna get defeated the next round. Jeffery passed and so did dr. jackall. After I selected the spell, BRRRRR! Defeated! I did this battle for almost a half hour and jackall had 500 health. Oh-NO!

Although I was defeated, jeffery was not! So he casted a helping hands!!! I was healed! Thanks jeffery! I waited a bit until I had enough pips for a stormzilla. Then I casted it on Dr. jackall. Victory!!! It was very good teamwork! Badge earned royal marlyebonian order! Whenever I wear that badge I think of that great experience!

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
So I started to play Wizard101 a couple years ago. I wasn't that good at it at first and mostly relied on luck in combat. But one of my friends (in real life, not the game) loved playing pool (as in a pool table not swimming pool) and eventually I got sick of it. I showed him Wizard101 and instantly it was his favorite game. A couple years later i'm level 100 and he is level 90. We had some fantastic memories, its hard to pick one!
Sadly, he doesn't play much anymore but probably my favorite memory was when we were both in Zafaria. We were on vacation, playing our favorite game at night with a perfect view of the ocean. We very much liked this game, and our characters doing critical was like hitting the lottery. We would be fighting a boss and we would chant "critical! critical! critical!" (we were really young at the time) and we would get up and scream and shout if our characters did critical.
So to sum it up, my favorite memorie was the ones I created with my best friend. we were unstoppable.

Justin Firethief level 100 Michael level 88

Survivor
Mar 21, 2013
This is a bit sad, but it shows you what some people are like in Wizard101. This was a few years ago, maybe things changed!

So, I was about 1/4 through mooshu on my level 35 ice. I met a storm guy, he was level 38. We met up, and we became AMAZING friends, basically doing all of mooshu together! (Exclude the onis, he had a transcendant balance friend) We had an awesome friendship, basically beating up anything in our way. But this all changed. I was fighting malistaire as a level 45, with my friend, and the transcendant balance, and some other guy. (I didn't have open chat at this time) They said something to eachother, which I had 0 clue about. Once we got malistaire to about 3,000 health. They left. Yes, they fled. Me and the other guy were like "what happened?" I checked my friends list to text chat the storm guy. He was not on the friends list. He most likely ignored me aswell, want to know what happened? I got so used to double-teaming bosses, I was terrible at it when solo. Yes, I eventually deleted that ice, so that I wouldn't have to always think of that storm guy. But, sadly, I still have a hard time befriending storm wizards, why? Because I always think when they send a friend request: "Will they stay, or will they just use me?"

But hey, I made a fire, level 49 (almost 50) and ONLY in the crucible. This time, I have a good life friend to boost me when I need help, (which is rare, ). So it's goin' good, and all I need is a good time, no matter the times it takes.

Dylan Fireshield. Proud Student of the Flame.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Hi,

cheers,
When I finished Dragonspyre with a Lvl 95 death, I found out my friend in school was the Lvl 95 death (This is real).

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 83