Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance question

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
for the balance school masters out there that read this. should I train spirit blade and elemental or just leave it alone. are these blades needed in the future? if you have them do they help you. are they worth training points?

help!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
In my opinion they're worth it. Definitely a bonus if you're casting Chimera or Hydra, plus you can Sharpen the blades as well. Also handy if you're in a Team up as the Blade and Trap giver.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
nick the wiz on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
for the balance school masters out there that read this. should I train spirit blade and elemental or just leave it alone. are these blades needed in the future? if you have them do they help you. are they worth training points?

help!
All the spells from Niles the Balance Tree are trained for free by Balance wizards.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Elemental blade is pretty much essential for Celestia because many of its mobs have resistance to balance damage. You'll be wanting to use spectral blast there often. Spirit Blade isn't needed until after you've learned Chimera and most wizards on your team who can benefit from it will most likely already have it in their decks.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
If your wizard is a Balance wizard the tri-blades (and tri-traps) won't cost training points.

They are very worth putting into your deck as Elemental Blade boosts damage when casting Spectral Blast and (especially) Hydra; Spirit Blade will do the same for Chimera once you are high enough level for it. The tri-blades and tri-traps also come in handy when buffing a hitter in a team.

My sorcerer has Death as her secondary and can throw a mean Wraith or 'crow using the Death part of the Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap too. :D

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Transcendent Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Grandmaster Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Magus Theurgist
Abigail Frogslinger, Magus Conjurer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i trained them for the sheer fact that 1) we get them free and 2) fighting balance mobs is very annoying at the low to mid-levels; also works at the higher levels (since first boss of khrysalis is balance and i one-timed her with a massive spectral blast, lol).

i rarely use them now, but i'd rather have them and not need them than the other way around.

-von
exalted