Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Hatching Works

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Hey guys, so I've never really been into hatching ever since it came out but. I've recently taken a interest in it since i'm going to need good pets since I'm about at level 100. So basically what I'm asking is if anyone could explain to me if like i hatch with someone, what are the chances of me getting their stats and so on and so forth. I've looked around for some guides but nothing explains how to acquire the perfect pet. I just don't understand how i'll get all the stats i want on one pet. Anyways if you could explain this it would mean the world! Thanks guys and have a good one!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You have a pet "A". Another player has a pet "B" Each has 10 talent slots, 10 derby slots, and 5 stats.

When you mix them you each keep your original pets, and each get a new pet. The new pets will have a mix of talents, abilities, and stats from A and B, but there is no way to control which ones, so you have to keep trying until you get what you want.

The fastest way to get specific talents is to hatch several times with a pet that has what you want. So if your friend has pet "B" and it's great, hatch your pet A with it, train the baby to adult. Hatch with B again, Train the new one, hatch with B again, etc.

After a few generations your pet will become pretty much a clone of B, then you train that one up. If you get a talent you don't want, stop training and hatch again.