Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire needs their own heal for pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
I have been doing pvp for a long time, and after so long link and power link don't cut it. If you take a look at balance heal, they always critical availing hands and spam it which each heals does 700 or so every round and i know you guys are like use doom, infection etc. But can you seriously spam infection every round ( Most of your deck is filled with other spells) and even if you do they critical so it heals normally which doesnt help too much when they have 4 running at the same time. As well all they have to do for doom is do new spell which only costs 5 pips, and hurt you big (2000 minimum) and change the bubble too. But i am not here to complain about balance even though they are the only school that beats every single time(Btw i only face warlords since i am warlord). Power link does roughly 670 if and thats if you critical and the fact that it takes so long just to even get 670, it would not make too much of a difference because they would kill you before your done. I have not used the normal link so i cannot say what it does total but i assume it would do 370 with critical roughly. What i propose would help since fire does not have as much health as other school, it would not be so bad to a have a fire heal. Even Storm which is based on luck is still good but doesn't make them overpowered. So what i am proposing is a heal slimier to the storm one since fire is an attack school it would not be fair to give it a big heal spell. As well power power link is never used to cause damage so dont say it op since it heals and attacks. Barely any fire warlords use it since i have verse so many in pvp and would know. Max any fire would use it would bee 2, but maximum for most would be 1.

Let me know if you guys would not mind something like this since it would not be overpowered.
Noah Firestone Level 100 lvl 40 storm lvl 20 life lvl 5 ice

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have been curious if there would be a third installment in the "Link" series of spells for Fire (and the "Helping Hands" series for Balance, but that may be another topic).

It doesn't seem like it would hurt the game balance if it was kept within reasonable limits.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Noah Firestone on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:
I have been doing pvp for a long time, and after so long link and power link don't cut it. If you take a look at balance heal, they always critical availing hands and spam it which each heals does 700 or so every round and i know you guys are like use doom, infection etc. But can you seriously spam infection every round ( Most of your deck is filled with other spells) and even if you do they critical so it heals normally which doesnt help too much when they have 4 running at the same time. As well all they have to do for doom is do new spell which only costs 5 pips, and hurt you big (2000 minimum) and change the bubble too. But i am not here to complain about balance even though they are the only school that beats every single time(Btw i only face warlords since i am warlord). Power link does roughly 670 if and thats if you critical and the fact that it takes so long just to even get 670, it would not make too much of a difference because they would kill you before your done. I have not used the normal link so i cannot say what it does total but i assume it would do 370 with critical roughly. What i propose would help since fire does not have as much health as other school, it would not be so bad to a have a fire heal. Even Storm which is based on luck is still good but doesn't make them overpowered. So what i am proposing is a heal slimier to the storm one since fire is an attack school it would not be fair to give it a big heal spell. As well power power link is never used to cause damage so dont say it op since it heals and attacks. Barely any fire warlords use it since i have verse so many in pvp and would know. Max any fire would use it would bee 2, but maximum for most would be 1.

Let me know if you guys would not mind something like this since it would not be overpowered.
If fire needs a heal, so do ice and myth. The schools with in-school heals are starting to get huge advantages, as in-school heals can critical, and off-school heals are not nearly as useful as they used to be, as they generally don't heal as much as the damage of attacks that cost the same amount of pips. Based on what I've read (I haven't done very much max level pvp recently) fire is one of the better schools if played correctly at max level, while ice and myth seem to be some of the more underpowered schools, thus needing a buff.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
If Fire were to get their own heal in PvP, then its critical would have to sink as low as Balance, Life and Death's. There's also the option of you using a Life mastery amulet if you struggle to heal, Satyr is still a solid spell.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Noah Firestone on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:

Balance is just good that way-you guys have high damage, we have high heal. It's to keep fire from becoming too OP. Fire fizzles less than storm and has crazy damage and damage over time spells, not to mention all the blades you can stack on fire because of fireblades and elemental blades and balance blades. Also, why not just buy life spells?

Defender
May 02, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
Balance is just good that way-you guys have high damage, we have high heal. It's to keep fire from becoming too OP. Fire fizzles less than storm and has crazy damage and damage over time spells, not to mention all the blades you can stack on fire because of fireblades and elemental blades and balance blades. Also, why not just buy life spells?
The paradigm of using elemental blades in PvP is shifting. Many wizards including myself are seeing it as less and less useful as it costs a pip and can be easily countered, also viewed as a waste of a round.

Fire now fizzles a tad more than storm at the exalted level due to the Storm Darkmoor robe. (25 accuracy added).

Our DoTs are useless in PvP, especially against life who uses Triage.

Life spells are hard to work with in PvP for reasons:
1. Many do not have life Mastery Amulets. Most likely because it costs 10000 crowns.
2. Excessive heals take up space in your deck.
3. We are in an offensive age of PvP. Damage and critical are higher than ever and heals, even if you do, are too little too late.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
J StormCatcher on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
The paradigm of using elemental blades in PvP is shifting. Many wizards including myself are seeing it as less and less useful as it costs a pip and can be easily countered, also viewed as a waste of a round.

Fire now fizzles a tad more than storm at the exalted level due to the Storm Darkmoor robe. (25 accuracy added).

1. Many do not have life Mastery Amulets. Most likely because it costs 10000 crowns.
3. We are in an offensive age of PvP. Damage and critical are higher than ever and heals, even if you do, are too little too late.
Three Points:

-Fire and Storm both have perfect accuracy with the full DM set so no Fire is not fizzling a tad more than storm.
-Your DoTs are far from useless. Having the ability to instantly wipe out a set of shields or to constantly have your opponent wide open is a huge advantage.
-Do a few chest runs in DM and you will have free access to enhanced mastery amulets.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
J StormCatcher on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:

I agree. I do have a Life Mastery Amulet which I don't use for PvP anymore since healing in this offensive age of PvP heals are too little too late. Heals also take up space in my spell deck so I choose not to carry them relying more on Power Link and my pet to use Fairy (which both are unreliable since Power Link with a critical is 106 first round and 211 over 3 rounds which is 739 and Fairy is around 630).
Compared to a potential Life's Satyr which can do 2000+, a Storm's Critical Healing Current which can potentially do 200,1000, or 2000+, many of Death's drains and a critical Sacrifice that might do 1600+, and a Balance's critical Availing Hands that can do about 2300+, compare those to Fire's Power link which does on average 720. And if Fire gets a heal give Myth and Ice one too since they don't have a heal either just to make it fair. I've also seen posts about this in the Dorms saying Life could lose it's meaning of healing its teammates which isn't true since they still have the most powerful heals in game. Just think of it like: What if Life, Ice, Fire, and Myth had heals but Balance, Death, and Storm don't, would that seem fair? Not really. Since I'm just blabbering now I should end it before I start going on about other unimportant stuff

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
so, does ice need heal too! and I have trouble can't even use death spell or life spell? others school lost to immunity because bring to rude to ice?

don't use immunity for pvp unless if have good reason I would use it because "rude"!

storm: op (to much talent) because jealous of ice because ice is tank not storm

ice: don't get any thing and storm & others treat them like dirt?

fire: to much love and always get aoe

myth: good school not getting annoying pvp "make it possible win warlord" just for ice pvp (wish ice had more dangerous immunity "all spell be useless" vs them "make possible to defeat that can't see"

"death: find school don't say much about death but I agree "storm just to op" wish had new rules to pvp like adding combat battle standard

"balance: ok school but do new aoe but fate of gate useless "person was balance dispel spammer

life: find school but heal & spam are annoying any way defeat on ice wizard "use immunity life" just waste there pips on here person just going ignore ignore ignore!
--------------------------------