Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advice on fighting Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Hello!
My friend and I have finally reached the point where we are about to fight Malistaire. I'm a level 54 Death school wiz and she's also Level 54 Ice school wiz. I'm looking for any advice that can help me prepare for this battle, as in Treasure Cards, defenses, etc. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Sabrina Shade

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
First of all, never have a wand that only gives wand attacks of your school, as they will use up your blades, except for Fire, because Sky Iron Hasta is too good not to get. You should also have the best gear you can get.

As for deck setup, you should pack Feints, blades, prisms, Skeletal Pirates and Wraiths. Your friend can take out the minions first with Frost Giant and Blizzard, after which you can focus on Malistaire. Your friend should also have blades, traps, Tower Shields, Colossus, Frostbite and maybe a bubble, along with the AoE hits.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
i would go for a full group or at least three

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
hey im a level 42 storm and i need help in dragonspyre

Survivor
Jan 10, 2015
i literally just finished this dungeon solo. not easy but it can be done. i was a level 53 wizard. Malistaire has 3 minions and 10,000 hit points himself. First take out his minions (i used fire dragon with a fire blade and elemental blade (+70 percent)) then focus on malistaire key is to just use multiple buffs and go for a big hit. (i used fire blade, elemental blade, treasure elemental blade, fire trap, fuel (basically another fire trap), and a feint treasure card for a total of plus plus 230 percent!! i cast helephant (the one my pet gives me which is slightly stronger then the normal and it hurt him almost 7 thousand! in combonation with the fire dragon from earlier he was already almost dead at this point

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
valdus310 on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
i literally just finished this dungeon solo. not easy but it can be done. i was a level 53 wizard. Malistaire has 3 minions and 10,000 hit points himself. First take out his minions (i used fire dragon with a fire blade and elemental blade (+70 percent)) then focus on malistaire key is to just use multiple buffs and go for a big hit. (i used fire blade, elemental blade, treasure elemental blade, fire trap, fuel (basically another fire trap), and a feint treasure card for a total of plus plus 230 percent!! i cast helephant (the one my pet gives me which is slightly stronger then the normal and it hurt him almost 7 thousand! in combonation with the fire dragon from earlier he was already almost dead at this point
You seem to misunderstand boosts. You don't add the boosts on top of each other. Example: You have a spell with a base damage of 100. You have a Fireblade and an Elemental blade, and no other boosts. Your spell doesn't do 170 damage, it does 182 damage. Why? First, you add the Fireblade boost (multiply by 1.35) and then the Elemental Blade boost (multiply by 1.35). That's 100 * 1.35 * 1.35, not 100 * 1.7. I hope this makes sense to someone.