Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New fire heal.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
TucsonWizard on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
My opinion is leave it all alone!
If you look at the basic storyline of the game, the spellcasters of Wizard City are all soldiers in a war against the various evils that would rain destruction down on the Spiral. So if we were to look at this from a soldier's perspective we'd see that in a normal military grouping we'd have a similar arrangement to what we have in W101. Each member of the team, in this case each school, has their specialty whether it be attacking, absorbing damage, boosting other team members, healing etc. While each individual member might have a "bandage" to stop the bleeding until help arrives, there is normally one member of the team, the medic, who's primary job is to heal. Fire's bandage is the Link spells, Storm's bandage is Healing Current, etc. etc. These spells aren't meant to be massive cures but they stem the flow long enough for the user's attacks to do their damage. Introducing large scale healing spells to the non-Life schools would go a long way towards contributing to the sameness of all schools and this is what I'm opposed to. Variety baby, variety! Why bother playing as a Life wizard when you can do the same thing they can and also cast a Fire Dragon or Storm Lord? The only way I'd be in favor of more powerful non-Life school healing spells would be if they were "self-only". Judging by the number of maxed-out non-Life wizards I think it's safe to say that it's not necessary for these schools to have healing spells over and above what they have now. They obviously got where they are without a large scale school specific heal.
Not everyone has a team to quest with. I'm all for self only heals if it means we'll get the healing power necessary to solo.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
OK I have a problem with people saying that ice should not get a heal because of high defense and health. Here is my question: Have u seen the pierce everything, not just everyone has so much pierce making the resist almost useless. With dark moor gear, almost all schools have 20 pierce reducing the average ice with 50 something resist down to 30 something. Also look at the bosses in darkmoor. Their pierce is so high have resist itself is useless. Our health gets drained fast especially with the people who have over 500 crit can crit on an ice with 200 something block and wont block. Steal heal usually does not work unless there is a balance in pvp who spams availing hands. Life does not really use their over time anymore so steal heal is almost useless too. WE do need a heal.

Ice lvl 100

Defender
May 02, 2010
TucsonWizard on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
My opinion is leave it all alone!
If you look at the basic storyline of the game, the spellcasters of Wizard City are all soldiers in a war against the various evils that would rain destruction down on the Spiral. So if we were to look at this from a soldier's perspective we'd see that in a normal military grouping we'd have a similar arrangement to what we have in W101. Each member of the team, in this case each school, has their specialty whether it be attacking, absorbing damage, boosting other team members, healing etc. While each individual member might have a "bandage" to stop the bleeding until help arrives, there is normally one member of the team, the medic, who's primary job is to heal. Fire's bandage is the Link spells, Storm's bandage is Healing Current, etc. etc. These spells aren't meant to be massive cures but they stem the flow long enough for the user's attacks to do their damage. Introducing large scale healing spells to the non-Life schools would go a long way towards contributing to the sameness of all schools and this is what I'm opposed to. Variety baby, variety! Why bother playing as a Life wizard when you can do the same thing they can and also cast a Fire Dragon or Storm Lord? The only way I'd be in favor of more powerful non-Life school healing spells would be if they were "self-only". Judging by the number of maxed-out non-Life wizards I think it's safe to say that it's not necessary for these schools to have healing spells over and above what they have now. They obviously got where they are without a large scale school specific heal.
It's not too close to the matter of being completely accurate with the storyline, it's called being fair towards all schools. If you look carefully at the Darkmoor Tier 1 gear all gear gives the same stats. Storm has a criticalable current, Balance has Availing Hands which with a critical heals around 600 a round after the prior heal, Life is about healing, death gets healed every hit because of the drain. Ice, Myth and Fire are missing their respective decent heals.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
The Wyrm Slayer on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
Hey everybody, I'm a level 100 and I am really getting frustrated that we don't have anything but link and power link, which just takes our blades, and pixie is starting to become useless at this level, as 600-700 health doesn't make a difference in places like Darkmoor. Balance has availing and helping hands, storm has healing current, ice doesn't really need healing because of their resist and health, death gets healed on every hit, myth can just spam pixie and let minions do work or use earthquake and not take much damage, life obviously specializes in healing. All schools but fire have their own heal or ability to not need a heal in the first place. Is there any way we could get something like healing current, or an overtime heal that's stronger and doesn't take our blades/traps? Thanks for reading
Why should fire get a heal if

ice dose not get a heal?

or how about myth it dose not have a good heal ether

or even balance?

if you class get a heal then these class get one fire get that heal because it has good health with good power and good block

You don't need another heal your lucky you even get one

did you know ice only has fairy with no boost and a killing mino for heal but that no good because by the time you summon it it dead

or how about myth all it has is killing it minon spells for heals after a few levels you can't use mineon because Pve kill them to fast

lets not forget balance it has to over time heals that may work well for over time but saving you in combat not always the best

fire you guys get a heal and hit spell called link and anothe heal spell and fairy so you have more then enought

death dose not even need a heal spell

storm get healing current that is just chance you will get a good heal

and life is mint to be the heal school if you get another heal then how is that fair to

in my book its not if anyone needs a new heal spell it going be or because every other class has at lest 1 heal

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Perhaps my advice shall help.

Link and Power Link is damage and healing. With blades and traps, you can deal high damage, whilst healing low to you. This shall often injure the opponent mediumly, and health can be restored. Darkmoor enemies may pass over the damage over time to you or remove it. They may also steal a heal over time from you. However, Sprite allows you to heal higher than the Links and provides no threat to the opponent. While healing over time, you can use either one or both of the Links and double or triple the heals. This will add one damage over time, two if you use both links to the opponent. In the life class, Life Bat heals over time to all friends, but Sprite Swarm, a mutated healing sprite, is stronger as the heal increases and expands to all friends. Oh, and I forgot. Life spells Guiding and Brilliant Light increases heals, so that's helpful.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
sliver moon wolf on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:

ice dose not get a heal?

or even balance?

if you class get a heal then these class get one fire get that heal because it has good health with good power and good block

did you know ice only has fairy with no boost and a killing mino for heal but that no good because by the time you summon it it dead

or how about myth all it has is killing it minon spells for heals after a few levels you can't use mineon because Pve kill them to fast

lets not forget balance it has to over time heals that may work well for over time but saving you in combat not always the best

fire you guys get a heal and hit spell called link and anothe heal spell and fairy so you have more then enought

and life is mint to be the heal school if you get another heal then how is that fair to

in my book its not if anyone needs a new heal spell it going be or because every other class has at lest 1 heal
We don't have enough healing just because we have healing spells. Link and Power Link are weak. If every school had enough healing to solo without a Life mastery, would that be unfair? No, it'd only be fair. Give Fire, Myth, Storm, Balance and Ice a new heal for all I care, also make it self only to prevent Life from whining. If Life wants a heal too, why not, there hasn't been a Life heal in ages apart from Guardian Spirit which only activates after you get defeated and King Artorius which is only 300. I don't think Death needs a heal, we have loads of drains and Sacrifice for healing others.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
I totally agree with you fire should have a heal. I was thinking almost the exact same thing as healing current but it should be 150 300 or 1500 and just take 4 pips. I think this would be great especially sense my fire has over 500 critical so this could majorly heal me and I would need it....Death has that spell that takes away from them and gives back. I was also thinking myth should have the same type of healing spell. Ice would survive just fine.My exalted/level100 Fire could really use this.I think that the wizard101 creators should really take this into consideration. Thanks for posting this it's nice to know that some others are on my side!!!

Defender
May 02, 2010
Oni Slayer on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
Perhaps my advice shall help.

Link and Power Link is damage and healing. With blades and traps, you can deal high damage, whilst healing low to you. This shall often injure the opponent mediumly, and health can be restored. Darkmoor enemies may pass over the damage over time to you or remove it. They may also steal a heal over time from you. However, Sprite allows you to heal higher than the Links and provides no threat to the opponent. While healing over time, you can use either one or both of the Links and double or triple the heals. This will add one damage over time, two if you use both links to the opponent. In the life class, Life Bat heals over time to all friends, but Sprite Swarm, a mutated healing sprite, is stronger as the heal increases and expands to all friends. Oh, and I forgot. Life spells Guiding and Brilliant Light increases heals, so that's helpful.
Nobody uses Power Link with blades. It is a trimming health spell. Fire does not know Guiding and Brilliant light, and even if it did it'd be minimally effective with wasting multiple rounds to blade up for Link and put Brilliant or Guiding light TC just to do what you just specified.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
sliver moon wolf on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:

ice dose not get a heal?

or even balance?

Yeah but when was the last time you ever saw a Fire use Link or Power Link in PvE? As far as I remember the only time I used Link was in Wizard City and stopped in Krokotopia because it was kind of useless in my opinion and never ever used Power Link until I started doing PvP. The only time I see them being used now is for PvP. Also Death has Sacrifice and many of their attacks heal them back (Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, Scarecrow, Dr. Von's Monster, Call of Khrulhu) 2 of which are AOE attacks which can give them at least 1900 health back at max level. In my opinion Fire, Myth, AND Ice should get some sort of decent heal and stop having to rely on Pixie or Satyr.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I totally disagree.. As you know, fire is an offensive school unlike life, which is a defensive school. You are saying that you want to have healing spells as an offensive school. Imagine what that would do to life! Its mean ability is to heal, and if other schools can do it, then whats the point of the school of life? If you want a heal, you can train Into satyr, not ask for something that is unrelated to your school.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
I have to disagree slightly. Yeah, storm does get healing current - but it's just about worthless. 10, 100, or 1000 heal and guess what is least likely to happen.

But I have to agree that at level 100, a lousy pixie is worthless unless massivly boosted and who has time to do that while trying to stay alive.

So, just like the minions became worthless around Celestia and we needed new minions, it's now time for ALL SCHOOLS except life to get a new pure heal. Something that actually makes the kind of difference that an unboosted pixie made for the lower level worlds up through Mooshu.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
J StormCatcher on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
Nobody uses Power Link with blades. It is a trimming health spell. Fire does not know Guiding and Brilliant light, and even if it did it'd be minimally effective with wasting multiple rounds to blade up for Link and put Brilliant or Guiding light TC just to do what you just specified.
>Nobody uses Power Link with blades.

The thing about statements like that is that they are always wrong. maybe YOU don't, and maybe most of the people you see don't, but I DO when i'm on my fire character. It's a damage spell to me. one that also gives me health.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
tanda1 on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
I have to disagree slightly. Yeah, storm does get healing current - but it's just about worthless. 10, 100, or 1000 heal and guess what is least likely to happen.

But I have to agree that at level 100, a lousy pixie is worthless unless massivly boosted and who has time to do that while trying to stay alive.

So, just like the minions became worthless around Celestia and we needed new minions, it's now time for ALL SCHOOLS except life to get a new pure heal. Something that actually makes the kind of difference that an unboosted pixie made for the lower level worlds up through Mooshu.
life the heal school if every class gets a heal to keep the peca with them you have to give them one anyway here my idea for some heals

blazing heal
cost 5 pips
300 and 300 and 300 over time heal for 3 rounds
looks like you are in gulf in flames till the end of the spell
unlocks at level 75 you have to defeat a new boss for the spell and this boss cheats

chill out
cost 5 pips
dose 500 and if you give up 5 of your spell for the rest of the battle you get 500 more added to the spell
This would in case you in a block of ice then the ice would break and you get healed
unlocks at level 80 after you beat a ice boss that cheats

healing bolt
cost 5 pips
dose 1000 heal or 50 damge 30% of doing the damge
this would look like lighting from the sky lashing at you
unlocks after level 100 and doing dark moor the last part

mind eye
cost 5 pips
dose 1000 in heal but you have to hit after you use this spell or you will lose 500 out of that heal
This would look like a eye ball opens on you for head and you to eye close till the end of the spell
Unlocks after level 49 you have to defeat a monkey boss with not to bad cheats

sin
cost 7 and 1 shadow pip
takes away 30% of the enemy health and gives back 20% of what you took also blades work on this spell traps to it back be block with death blocks or tower blocks
This would look like mist coming out forming from nothing sounding you in the enemy going around and around till the enemy took health was taken away and given to you
unlocks at level 100 you have to beat a new boss and do dark moor

heavenly light
cost x pips
dose 300 x amount to everyone on team and give 2 gold pips to everyone also remove any disables.
what it looks like is a forest floor threes all around a monster comes up made of the mud and trees and grass with glowing green eyes it blows air on you healing you wounds
unlocks after you defeat a cheating life boss and unlocks at level 100

songs of spiral
cost 7 pips
dose 100 per blade you have on
what it looks like is music note form all around you healing you with each note
unlocks after you do all of dark moor

note every spell but the life spell can't heal teammates

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
J StormCatcher on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
I'll have to disagree with you on Power Link. I have a lvl 80+ Fire wiz and I always keep Power Link in my deck. With Colossal and Blades and a timely critical hit it can be devastating, especially against Tower spamming Ice enemies. The nice thing about it is that even if your critical damage is blocked you still get the benefit of the critical double heal. Granted it's not a huge heal but it's saved my bacon on multiple occasions.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
tanda1 on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:

About Storm's Healing Current, that's the strange thing. Everytime I see a wizard use Healing Current, it's always 1000, no more, no less. Perhaps 1000 is the most chanced heal in the spell? And it's opposite to Wild Bolt, a storm attack spell that can do 10, 100, or 1000. Same amount, the only differences are it's damage and heal while their chances are flipped around. Many people strike enemies with only (ridiculously lowly damaged) 10. Others make it to 100, while a few lucky wizards get 1000. The most luckiest part is the critical. While getting 1000, you critical and deal 2000 or more if you have a thing with storm damage. 100 would, of course, be 200, while 10, the most often dealt damage in casting Wild Bolt, would be 20. Insane Bolt, however, deals 1000 damage to the enemy OR 10,000 damage to yourself. The only thing to worry is which person it will strike. Many people are accidentally killed by Insane Bolt, without being armed and shielded up in case it will strike you. 1000 may seem low to you because being striked by the bolt deals 10,000. You may think it should be 10,000 to the enemy, but 1000 to you, but things are things. Ah, I almost forgot. Critical is another thing to worry. If you critical and it strikes you, you're overkilled by the very high damage of 20,000, except being armed and shielded, then it may almost or not even be close to 0 health at all. Again from Wild Bolt, 2000 damage to the opponent if you critical.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2013
I'm death... so i'm fine with what my type has... But yeah. There should be at least ONE->THREE Healing Spells At least, for each group. Death and life are good for having heals, But as said, i prefer death. Anyway... I dont know what type The Over time heal (Early pixie), but i'm pretty sure it's life. Fire should have over time Heals, There could be a couple, 1-3, and They could be Over time heals. One for the n00bs in the game, One for the levels like 30->60, and the higher one for 65->100. there could be Normal heals but... IDK.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
Ok once again i am only trying to point out every school heal is based on how their school is ran like i said before storm is upredictable and so are their heal and fire link heals are dots life is life death is sacrifice and balance would be a bit op(they already are)if it was a full heal so i was saying since myth was primarily was supposed to be minion heavy the heal should have been minion based because other than that minion is known for minions double hits and shield destroying dont see how the heal would come in unless from minion.I am not saying this is full proof i just dont see any other way unless you can tell me a spell that is still myth and makes since that doesn't have anything to do with minions. Thanks