Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Healing Items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
I am leveling up my life wizard and I was wondering what are some of the best healing items in the game that are useful for endgame and high level dungeons?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
That type of gear is badly lacking for max level.

The Seal of the Fifth Column ring and Morganthe's athame, the Dark Woman's Dagger are good places to start.

For wands, you can go with block and outgoing, but give up critical and suffer junk cards: Sliver Order of the Spiral, or go with balanced crit/block, but no outgoing: Mali's staff, or massive crit but no block: Jack Hallow's.

Gear sets you can go crit with minimal to no outgoing (Hades, Mali), tank with minimal outgoing (Jade), or decent outgoing (Theugest's Vibrant Boots, War Eagle Raiment) with sketchy stats otherwise.

Let's hope (beg, plead. prod?) KI adds a crafted or drop items for dedicated max level healers sometime soon.

I'd very much like a hat, robe, boot, wand combo with Malistaire level stats, but outgoing healing in place of damage boost, and stun block in place of pierce. That would rock for Life wiz when not hitting. I seldom want in-between stats. I'm usually all damage, or all heal. If i need balance, I'll mix and match.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
I have a pretty high crit around 420 or more on my life wiz so I dont worry too much about healing gear...the best 90 -100 gear will heal well especially when you critical.

I've seen these amazing life wizards that build heals the way people build massive hits...heals reaching 15-20K...really? Not necessary since most wizards have a hit point max of around 4-6K...

...then again people love their egos...love to show off huge hits/heals while wasting everyone's time.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
morgrim1981 on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
I have a pretty high crit around 420 or more on my life wiz so I dont worry too much about healing gear...the best 90 -100 gear will heal well especially when you critical.

I've seen these amazing life wizards that build heals the way people build massive hits...heals reaching 15-20K...really? Not necessary since most wizards have a hit point max of around 4-6K...

...then again people love their egos...love to show off huge hits/heals while wasting everyone's time.
The point of high outgoing is not to show off -- that is a waste -- but to make lower pip heals more effective. In fights like Graveyard, and in some PvP situations, you may need to heal frequently or through Doom or Infection. That's when a healer with good stats and buffs really matters.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
A GOOD healer never shows off. Doing 6,000 with a pixie? That's not showing off or bragging.... it's what you say AFTERWARDS that makes you a braggart. I've seen some healers do some monster healings with lower level spells (as Im sure we all have) and never said a word about it. The people she healed (us) were blown away by the amounts she was healing, but never a word out of the ordinary came from her. I have a life I started and my goal with it is to make a "walking hospital" with it

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
My healing gear is
Fairy Crown
Queens Chest
Fairy Boots
Silver order of the spiral Want
Wolf's Griz ring and athame(25 in and out each)
My overall heal is 109 in and 115 out

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
Thanks Prince of Shadows.

I got a full Jade set and the Silver Order of the Spiral. I agree that the outgoing heal on that is amazing and the damage reduction and block is amazing as well. However, the big problem with that set is the pip chance and no critical - as you pointed out with junk cards.

As for big heals, anyone who has played a healer in past games on a dedicated level understands a couple of things. The first is that that there is no such thing as over healing so long as you are not pulling threat. The second is that mana conservation is king (though in this game that is less of an issue so much as pip cost). Having a low level spell hit for a higher heal makes for an effective healer who can conserve pips and throw out a larger emergency heal when needed. I would rather throw out a Fairy heal that hit for 1K plus than waste pips on a Satyr to achieve the same result. What is more, outgoing heal - especially when combined with incoming heal - makes a heal over time super effective.

I have had a chance to do some research since putting up this post and I have to agree that healing gear is sadly lacking. Considering that life wizards are by far intended to heal, just as ice wizards are intended to tank, the gear needs to reflect that.

Consider that ice gear has higher health, a lot more block (universal if you look on crafted gear), and resist and you can see that they are being catered to for a tank role. Why not offer the same options for other schools with dual roles. For example, Balance gear is diverse based off how the Balance wizard wants to play. Why not offer Life gear that allows for either a damage role or a heal role? Ice is the only school with taunt and Life is the only school with a varied array of heals.

This is a serious miss considering how high the end game content is tuned.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Jade gear, pet with high defense and all maycast heals, I personally favor the caimans sceptor because it has great outgoing healing. Athame and ring i use crafted from celestia they have amazing outgoing and incoming healing only drawback is that mana will be lower. Hope this helps.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
hi morgrim i just wanted to explain the high heal boost. I am sure some people do it for show and ego, but the reason is, there are soooooo many people who life dispel i need to be able to fairy or uni a good heal for someone so if i get dispelled i dont lose 7 pips on a rebirth, i only lose 2 pips on a fairy or 3 on a uni. and critical can not be trusted so i have to be able to heal someone for sure.
Thank you