Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice tanks in 1v1

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Hi guys

I was doing some practice 1v1 yesterday and i came across an ice wizard. So i set up my infallible, used my rain beetle spell from my pet to take away his shields and with a balance blade i figured a deadly lord-triton-bats combo would devastate him. But he resisted my attacks like crazy. I had a colossal enchanted lord, a balance blade and infallible and it only did 956 damage! he did not even need to use a shield and he just bladed up and killed me with angel. I am very lucky it was practice. i checked his resist after i lost and he had 71% universal resist with no jade gear! Does anyone have some tips on how to beat people like this?

Thanks

Talon Spiritbreaker

Future warlord

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Talon Spiritbreake... on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
Hi guys

I was doing some practice 1v1 yesterday and i came across an ice wizard. So i set up my infallible, used my rain beetle spell from my pet to take away his shields and with a balance blade i figured a deadly lord-triton-bats combo would devastate him. But he resisted my attacks like crazy. I had a colossal enchanted lord, a balance blade and infallible and it only did 956 damage! he did not even need to use a shield and he just bladed up and killed me with angel. I am very lucky it was practice. i checked his resist after i lost and he had 71% universal resist with no jade gear! Does anyone have some tips on how to beat people like this?

Thanks

Talon Spiritbreaker

Future warlord
You might work Shadow Shrike into your combo to boost your armor piercing. With Infallible, that would give you 65%-70% pierce, and opponents like that one should be fine. Also, you might carry Triage in your side deck just in case you come up against a DoT user again.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
Ice doesn't always tank, of course i assume you are in high level PvP considering Triton and his resist level. I personally have an Ice Warlord and although we are very good we also have downsides. First of all, I would not recommend a single storm vs and ice. If the ice is sensible he will have high resist to storm. I would go 2v2 or 3v3. I always find it hard to counter balance spells or a two hit combo such as a rain beetle then next round a triton. In 1v1 Ice is pretty strong against almost anything. We get very high resist. As said above try Shrike it is very helpful.
Wolf MoonBlade
- Level 100 Death
- Level 86 Life
- Level 72 Ice
- Level 58 Balance