Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Revitalizing The Game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
So KI, how do you breathe new life into old content?

I have a tried and tested means that maybe you have overlooked - Dungeon Tiers.

There is a problem with introducing new dungeons at end game when there is no previous gear requirement, that problem is that anyone and everyone can hop right in which makes your older dungeons empty parking lots of a forgotten time. I think this is avoidable by adding dungeon tiers and new gear. You can present the same old bosses with some new tricks and some enhanced gear (likely made no trade).

Keeping the game cookie cutter so that everyone farms the same areas is a huge mistake and it funnels traffic away from other areas of the game. However, if you give players a real incentive to do these dungeons for some chances at some really unique gear you siphon traffic back into stagnating parts of the game. Doing so has a visual benefit to lower, first time wizard, players who see older wizards coming and going to areas they are questing that would otherwise be dead. No one likes running around doing mindless collection quests in a barren wasteland (Dragonspyre anyone?).

I think this is something you could slowly patch into the game. It would make the gear balance and options much more varied, and bring people back to areas to experience new fun and a reason to continue their subscriptions.

What are your thoughts?

Defender
May 09, 2010
I think it's an interesting idea. I've brought up the idea of making a system different from the base game, because currently, there are only 2 types of mission: collecting, and fighting. That's it. You'd think after 6 years there might be something a little different. I care about the future of this game, but if they keep milking the same 2 processes, then every world will be a clone. Fight stuff, collect stuff, and so fourth. The story congregates it into ways that make the task seem useful, but it's as simple minded and repetitive as ever.
Kingsisle: Think about your older players......the ones who have been playing for years now. I've given so much money to you guys, and so much time, effort, and love. But I was younger, and the thought of a more complex narrative didn't effect me. But now I look to the future of wizard101, and see the same thing as I look back.
2 missions. That's it.

Blaze Stormmancer, your worrisome wizard.