Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Gear For Ice is too weak

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
I agree eSnowFrost

people do have resist doesn't means shadow shrike not able win that pvp that easy! or just puppet with death because bad juju/beguile whatsoever and last time on ice pvp with death and last match and did immunity puppet we won school by the fault vs with they couldn't use shadow shrike or either convert because we had cleanse charm/cleanse ward/tower/immunity both to same different school match of school people convert/high tc shield/bad juju/beguile

winning pvp not who as best stat that win pvp that easy and about pvp strategies because best talent then others class mean not be best of everything!

heath isn't really nothing because just death wizard or immunity in pvp and ice wizard doesn't care about spell or how powerful they never boast about power because being ice use just natural even still have giant they still have defense even they was offense and lucky enough able high damage & immunity better then storm can storm be more jealous because ice are tank class and storm not and same for myth/life/death both have own good points but not saying that balance is all that bad, consider Fire. But only if you want to join the best.

lucky have storm because only school strong enough defeat dragon they wouldn't have storm them wouldn't be no fire school but you won't hear felmea speak of that!

but was me and ice school was evil same thing as malistaire & morganthe and make use destroy either life school or storm school or fire school and then he world have world of candyland but only school be up candyland be ice/myth

candyland spell can popular best those kind MYTH IMP spell as effect of dispel because just good pvp spell!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
It is not just ice it is the death gear as well i mean check the stats for the death gear compared to fire or storm, not just ice

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
captain cookies on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
"I don't wanna be known as a health sac" Well then why did you join the ice school? Ice was made to absorb damage and you achieve that by being a "Health Sac." And before you go "Ur not ice u don't understand" I am an exalted ice wizard that is fine with the gear. Yes the critical block is frustrating but you're only using the wand as the base for this argument, why not the other pieces of gear? Try playing a storm wizard and seeing how much health makes a difference because it matters, A LOT.
ICE HAVE RESIST BECAUSE post get more resist and I pick ice because need be more supported so, do better pvp player as a tank & better attack so, don't sit there waste spell not win that easy by lose to others school mostly likely storm already get spell remove blade because don't hardly attack at low level because use minion in pvp how lower level wizard winning pvp for protection there minion!

ask one storm question & bet say: want better aoe spell not just remove blade!

heath not everything about win pvp and storm more overpower then ice because storm more damage then ice because storm get ice shield and because ice can have better spell then storm because ice get better effect then storm that ice can do and storm can't not do!

one thing can't wait for next aoe spell for ice/life because for ice getting annoying having to much single spell & treating our school in mean way?
life want aoe because sick casting forest lord & they doesn't have much aoe spell then others school!

mostly I want for mine ice wizard already want train real spell for frost dragon as crafting spell & make spell more useful for me same thing as gnomes!

people more mean to ice and then I would say that I wish "ICE would have new resist" to make armor pierce be useless! then don't worry about using heath/resist/block (others can't use armor pierce) you never think that if was a possibility talent!

then say: yeah then don't worry about resist because got a new made up resist ice wizard so, that we can attack others can't use armor people and then say:: weaver, boom, GG pfff want a quack

(one more thing) I AM immunity warlord

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
captain cookies on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
"I don't wanna be known as a health sac" Well then why did you join the ice school? Ice was made to absorb damage and you achieve that by being a "Health Sac." And before you go "Ur not ice u don't understand" I am an exalted ice wizard that is fine with the gear. Yes the critical block is frustrating but you're only using the wand as the base for this argument, why not the other pieces of gear? Try playing a storm wizard and seeing how much health makes a difference because it matters, A LOT.
meant be tank (Not all tank) will have not have high heath ( being natural school) because tank not made for offense class and make be more defense and did have offense (still have defense/heath)

do agree talent unfair for because overpower because there jealous isn't tank class and

did made wizard more offense "be bad new for armor pierce" tank school do have "ARMOR RESIST"

Armor Resist on wizard101 could possible effect: Armor Pierce (tank school more offense then they WOULD be Immune Armor Pierce) that be much worst then Immunity that would make Shadow Shrike to be Useless!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Unless you been a ice wizard you can't understand

now here the thing we work hard just like any other class we have great health ya and good resistance that what makes are class ares

but ever sent Aztecan we have been getting lower in the resistance area and we need that more then anything sure we have great health but what good is that when you enemy use price to go threw all you resistance and ends up hitting 5000 to 6000

i mean ice is weak in power all we have is are health now and that not even that big of a deal anyone can hit it expect for another ice easy

so i think we need more rsistance boost in are gear with crictcal block we are the resistance school not the power school so having low power and crictcal rates is not a big deal because that is are weakness but giving storm price i think that was unfair truthfully ice should get the most price sent we deal with blocks and we should get resistance that is able to handle price and junk

and i'm a storm and all i have to say is where way op compare to most classes a little lower in are power would do the game some good because with shadow magic all it takes for them to kill a ice is one spell with there power and shadow magic

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Honestly I'll never use the gear only the boots.

Defender
May 02, 2010
eSnowFrost on Dec 28, 2014 wrote:
It is weak.. I saw a storm with more critical block and accuracy than me.

If storm is meant to be all power, why do they have more critical block, or the same critical block, and accuracy? All I want is just more resist and block, because honestly, like you said, shrike and pierce, we are dead, even with the mass health it gives us.
Your school spams shields in PvP. Others have to deal with getting through your shields but end up not having enough pierce to get by your resist.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
sliver moon wolf on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
Unless you been a ice wizard you can't understand

now here the thing we work hard just like any other class we have great health ya and good resistance that what makes are class ares

but ever sent Aztecan we have been getting lower in the resistance area and we need that more then anything sure we have great health but what good is that when you enemy use price to go threw all you resistance and ends up hitting 5000 to 6000

i mean ice is weak in power all we have is are health now and that not even that big of a deal anyone can hit it expect for another ice easy

so i think we need more rsistance boost in are gear with crictcal block we are the resistance school not the power school so having low power and crictcal rates is not a big deal because that is are weakness but giving storm price i think that was unfair truthfully ice should get the most price sent we deal with blocks and we should get resistance that is able to handle price and junk

and i'm a storm and all i have to say is where way op compare to most classes a little lower in are power would do the game some good because with shadow magic all it takes for them to kill a ice is one spell with there power and shadow magic
I agree @silver wolf moon "well said" (now shadow magic) just let them be immunity (Nobody wouldn't even care about resistance)

just because shadow shrike best of defeating immunity (Not going win that Easy) because better talent then others mean that not going win pvp & pve that easy) could be others talent beat others good talent even clued shadow shrike (remember spear blade) never know might spear shield...(ice possible be spear tower shield)

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
good day fellow wizards.

i think that the ice darkmoor gear should have a little more resist like maybe the robe should have 18 or 20.

Fred 80

Survivor
Aug 30, 2014
The Best armor that you get is for death and Storm because of how strong they are.
LV64 ANDREWMYTHUNTER
and i no this because i have looked at the stats

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Andrew MythHunter on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
The Best armor that you get is for death and Storm because of how strong they are.
LV64 ANDREWMYTHUNTER
and i no this because i have looked at the stats
The best gear is a matter of opinon, most would say balance got the best.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Well, it all evens out, with pierce and resist that is.
An ice now can have 60 universal resist with 80 damage and 15 pierce.
With storms pierce that would be 30 for an ice and this is not including storm resist ring and pet, which if an ice has would even out to be around 64 resist with pierce but that will be lowering damage.
A storm now can have 50 universal resist with 100 damage and 30 pierce or 35 resist with 120 damage and 30 pierce.
With ice's pierce that 50 would be be lowered to 35 which is not unfair at all. But with the 35 resist which most storms go for, that resist would be lowered to 20 which is incredibly reasonable.
Its not the gear, its how the person has their own build. Me for example, my storm is pure offense with the critical wand with no block and a pet with just damage and critical. This leaves me incredibly vulnerable to critical hits, especially with my low resist but my goal is to kill quick, as a ice does not have to do for they don't have to worry about health or resist and with block, an ice does not need critical because either way a person with around 220 can block a critical hit of 360 which means ice is best with a block wand, sacrificing around 5 percent of their pierce which will not make much of a difference because of infallible which EVERYONE in the arena uses now.
Point being, it is all incredibly fair.
Luis 100

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Ice isn't the only school with weak gear. Life's gear is slightly weaker compared to balance gear. Balance almost has the exact same stats as life, except higher resist, and higher block. The schools should all have their own strengths. Maybe more health or resist should be added to life gear since life does have slightly higher base health than balance.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
eSnowFrost on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
I am an Ice Wizard.

I have looked at the stats for Ice and compared them with Storm. two words, absolutely unfair.

Let's take the Darkmoor Wand that Malistaire drops, they have the same critical rating and critical block. Ice has 5 pierce, and Storm has 13 pierce. Did KI not think this through? How is this fair? Ice is supposed to be ''defensive'', and Storm as ''offensive''. They need to add more critical block for Ice. A whole lot. In fact, they need to edit and change all the Darkmoor gear. It changes PVP.

They need to change Ice stats and increase it. More accuracy, damage, critical rating, critical block, power pips, just increase everything. It is too low. All we are getting is more health, because they basically pierce through all of our resist. How long is that going to keep us alive, with a storm rocking all the Darkmoor gear?

This does not compete with any school whatsoever. I demand a stat increase in all fields. Thank you, and please take this into consideration.
I TOTALLY agree. Storms should at least get less block in the wand. Storms only get 300 healing less than ices per piece of gear; that's 900 overall. They have way bigger Pierce, critical and damage. Include those stats to the storm spells that are stronger. Then the storms want a storm elf spell.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Alex watersinger on May 1, 2015 wrote:
I TOTALLY agree. Storms should at least get less block in the wand. Storms only get 300 healing less than ices per piece of gear; that's 900 overall. They have way bigger Pierce, critical and damage. Include those stats to the storm spells that are stronger. Then the storms want a storm elf spell.
Once you add up all your wonderful stats you realize that storm has 2000-3000 less health than ice. That's 60-75% less health. Storm needed an equivalent block because it cannot survive a critical. A critical from almost any of the new shadow enhanced spells will be an instant gg for storm.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Rockstar21986 on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
I agree that ice isn't recieving enough resist. Other schools, now have 2 - 3% less resist than ice on each piece of gear dropped in Darkmoor. Ice used to be the tank of the game but now it seems that other schools are not behind. I am quite happy with the damage and other stats of the gear, but critical block does need to be increased, since ice is the defensive school.

~ Exalted Ice
Are you serious the ice hat for darkmoor damage is severely weak In damage not to mention that seems like storm is getting catered to all of their weaknesses but other schools are not maybe fire but that is it. How many increases has balance had To anything? Other then health what weakness has storm got? And the new jewel system can virtually give them far more health now. When will life get another attack all spell? But yet they go and give another one to storm. When will balance get an attack over time spell that they can either craft or use right away? And myth i need not to talk about as they have been left out just like ice when compared to storm,fire and death. My question though is why even make the schools if your going to give everything to 3 schools. Balance is the test school I see. They find a spell they like give it to balance then make it even more powerful for another school. Please tell me when balance can add a colossal to mana burn as I have not found any other school with this type of limitation thanks.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Balancealot on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Thank you, my good sir.
What about other schools then? Here is one for you close to 50 critical add to only 4 resist as well as more then double damage to not that much health difference. That is the darkmoor hats alone. And now that we have jewels health is far less a concern. Then on top of that throw in healing current.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
eSnowFrost on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
I am an Ice Wizard.

I have looked at the stats for Ice and compared them with Storm. two words, absolutely unfair.

Let's take the Darkmoor Wand that Malistaire drops, they have the same critical rating and critical block. Ice has 5 pierce, and Storm has 13 pierce. Did KI not think this through? How is this fair? Ice is supposed to be ''defensive'', and Storm as ''offensive''. They need to add more critical block for Ice. A whole lot. In fact, they need to edit and change all the Darkmoor gear. It changes PVP.

They need to change Ice stats and increase it. More accuracy, damage, critical rating, critical block, power pips, just increase everything. It is too low. All we are getting is more health, because they basically pierce through all of our resist. How long is that going to keep us alive, with a storm rocking all the Darkmoor gear?

This does not compete with any school whatsoever. I demand a stat increase in all fields. Thank you, and please take this into consideration.
I wouldn't use if you are ice because ice more of a tank school and do better as tank (buff stronger damage) ice is weak school (but everything about ice not all there talent isn't weak) ice isn't made for offense but be offense (but resist to low) just bad because get more heath can't use resist in pvp! (heath is nothing)

ice more tank school they are not made for offense because tanking also offense!

why so, reason beat a storm never defense there self (beside every school block storm) most overpower school "because damage/pierce/accuracy/critical" (don't have better effect spell because made for offense)

fire: everything about trap
ice: everything about tanking
storm: everything offense
myth: everything about buffing or no buffing
life: everything about healing
death: everything about weakness aoe/infection heal aoe/massive drain
balance: everything adding buff/more action to spell make others school fizzle/elemental & spirit spell power

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on May 2, 2015 wrote:
Once you add up all your wonderful stats you realize that storm has 2000-3000 less health than ice. That's 60-75% less health. Storm needed an equivalent block because it cannot survive a critical. A critical from almost any of the new shadow enhanced spells will be an instant gg for storm.
Ices CAN'T survive a critical from a storm neither. Most ice persons I see has a block around 200 to 250, and most storms I see have a critical around 510 to 600. You think a ice with 230 block can block the criticals of a storm with 590?

And once I add up all my "wonderful" stats, I realize I have 1500 more than a storm, not 3000.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Alex watersinger on May 6, 2015 wrote:
Ices CAN'T survive a critical from a storm neither. Most ice persons I see has a block around 200 to 250, and most storms I see have a critical around 510 to 600. You think a ice with 230 block can block the criticals of a storm with 590?

And once I add up all my "wonderful" stats, I realize I have 1500 more than a storm, not 3000.
The Ice isn't wearing ideal gear-Neither is the Storm if he has 500+ critical. You aren't wearing ideal gear either if your health is merely sitting at 5500.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on May 7, 2015 wrote:
The Ice isn't wearing ideal gear-Neither is the Storm if he has 500+ critical. You aren't wearing ideal gear either if your health is merely sitting at 5500.
Depend what IS the "ideal" gear for the person. Depend what IS the strategy of the person. Almost all exalted storms I know have a critical over 500 and their stats are really far from bad. And maybe i'm just unlucky or something but I very rarely see an exalted thaumaturge with 6000 health. They usually have a health of 5500 from what I've seen.