Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Gear For Ice is too weak

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
I am an Ice Wizard.

I have looked at the stats for Ice and compared them with Storm. two words, absolutely unfair.

Let's take the Darkmoor Wand that Malistaire drops, they have the same critical rating and critical block. Ice has 5 pierce, and Storm has 13 pierce. Did KI not think this through? How is this fair? Ice is supposed to be ''defensive'', and Storm as ''offensive''. They need to add more critical block for Ice. A whole lot. In fact, they need to edit and change all the Darkmoor gear. It changes PVP.

They need to change Ice stats and increase it. More accuracy, damage, critical rating, critical block, power pips, just increase everything. It is too low. All we are getting is more health, because they basically pierce through all of our resist. How long is that going to keep us alive, with a storm rocking all the Darkmoor gear?

This does not compete with any school whatsoever. I demand a stat increase in all fields. Thank you, and please take this into consideration.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
Ice is not suppose to be the same as Storm...all schools are different and are meant to be that way

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Balancealot on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Ice is not suppose to be the same as Storm...all schools are different and are meant to be that way
But Storm should not have more stats altogether than Ice for example, because that's not how the game works. No school is meant to be weaker than another one.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Balancealot on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
We are all well aware of that, good sir.
The issue our friendly Thaumaturge takes is that the Ice Darkmoor gear is inherently weaker that Storm, and I concur. The storm gear has more damage and critical than the others, while maintaining resist and accuracy. It does lose some power pip chance and health, but that's hardly a fair tradeoff. A storm can literally have the same resist as anyone else but have higher damage and critical, which is unfair. Add that to Storm's higher base damage and you've got a major balance problem on your hands.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
I don't think you understood what I said. If you compare any of the gear with Ice, it's not strong enough. We cannot compete. We put the same amount of effort getting the gear, so why can't we have more resist, because they can basically pierce through all our gear.

Like I said, Ice is defensive, Storm is offensive, but we have the same critical rating and block? That does not make sense (Darkmoor Wand)

Survivor
May 14, 2011
eSnowFrost on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
I am an Ice Wizard.

I have looked at the stats for Ice and compared them with Storm. two words, absolutely unfair.

Let's take the Darkmoor Wand that Malistaire drops, they have the same critical rating and critical block. Ice has 5 pierce, and Storm has 13 pierce. Did KI not think this through? How is this fair? Ice is supposed to be ''defensive'', and Storm as ''offensive''. They need to add more critical block for Ice. A whole lot. In fact, they need to edit and change all the Darkmoor gear. It changes PVP.

They need to change Ice stats and increase it. More accuracy, damage, critical rating, critical block, power pips, just increase everything. It is too low. All we are getting is more health, because they basically pierce through all of our resist. How long is that going to keep us alive, with a storm rocking all the Darkmoor gear?

This does not compete with any school whatsoever. I demand a stat increase in all fields. Thank you, and please take this into consideration.
I agree that ice isn't recieving enough resist. Other schools, now have 2 - 3% less resist than ice on each piece of gear dropped in Darkmoor. Ice used to be the tank of the game but now it seems that other schools are not behind. I am quite happy with the damage and other stats of the gear, but critical block does need to be increased, since ice is the defensive school.

~ Exalted Ice

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Robobot1747 on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
We are all well aware of that, good sir.
The issue our friendly Thaumaturge takes is that the Ice Darkmoor gear is inherently weaker that Storm, and I concur. The storm gear has more damage and critical than the others, while maintaining resist and accuracy. It does lose some power pip chance and health, but that's hardly a fair tradeoff. A storm can literally have the same resist as anyone else but have higher damage and critical, which is unfair. Add that to Storm's higher base damage and you've got a major balance problem on your hands.
Thank you! And what's resist, if they get so much pierce?!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Did you forget the humongous difference in health levels? An ice in full Darkmoor gear is ranging from 2000-3000 health more that its storm counterpart. That is a humongous difference. To translate that into percentages that's about 50%-75% more health. I think ice's darkmoor gear is fine as is.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
Did you forget the humongous difference in health levels? An ice in full Darkmoor gear is ranging from 2000-3000 health more that its storm counterpart. That is a humongous difference. To translate that into percentages that's about 50%-75% more health. I think ice's darkmoor gear is fine as is.
Thank you, my good sir.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Health is NOTHING! You barley get resist, or attacks.

I don't wanna be known as a ''health sac''
I want real stats

And it's disappointing how KI isn't actually changing our stats.

And to be honest, I don't think you're an ice wizard to understand the struggle.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
We put the same amount of effort in the gear, why is the Ice gear so weak compared to the other schools?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
eSnowFrost on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:

I want real stats

And to be honest, I don't think you're an ice wizard to understand the struggle.
Health is nothing? I'm sorry that statement is just patently false. In a PvP scenario health determines how much damage you can take, how much of a buffer you have between combos, how many resources you need to dedicate to healing, the amount of time you have to stack buffs, how many pips a wizard needs to combo you and defeat you. Health buffer is a hugely important factor. What do you mean you barely get resists and attacks? Ice with the dm gear gets more attack and resist with balanced stats than any of its other previous gear sets.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011

I want real stats

Disagree, Ice is not meant to be anything like storm, so if I am understanding correctly to your logic Ice should be as powerful as storm, have as much pierce, have more block, and have more resist. Thats a little much don't ya think? Coming from an Ice wizard too I completely disagree. Now Ice is becoming like storm and whining about every little change in the game.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
From what I understand, every school has a statistical counterpart. In the pvp arena, you can select any mode, and go to a page where there are no slots queued. From there, you can see some art. You see 7 different wizards. Life and balance are fighting, and they cancel each other out. These are the statistical counterparts that almost all gear(in the game) is based off of. When looking through a list of life and balance gear, you see that they give the same amount of health, roughly the same damage, roughly the same critical, same resist, etc. The only reason balance has slightly more critical, and attack, is because of the accuracy difference. Now, you also see that myth and fire are statistical counterparts. Once again, roughly the same stats, and fire has more damage/critical, because of the accuracy difference. Death is an oddball, but meant to compete with bosses(I think). This could explain steal spells in a way. Finally, ice and storm cancel each other out. Ice's low damage is enough to kill a storm with low health, and storm's high damage/high critical can kill and ice with high health/resist. The thing is, is that KI has has been slowly adding more and more accuracy to the more offensive counterparts. This has allowed them to surpass the others stat-wise, and slowly unbalancing the game. Resist is no good solution because of all the new armor piercing attacks. Health is also not a very good option, because of high critical. Block would make some people too overpowered. So what's the solution? Accuracy. Accuracy was the balancing factor for higher damage spells. Now, people are being handed accuracy on a silver platter with new gear, so that storms never fizzle anymore. The only solution is to reduce accuracy, so higher damaging counterparts will have to trade more defense, for offense once again.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Health is nothing? I'm sorry that statement is just patently false. In a PvP scenario health determines how much damage you can take, how much of a buffer you have between combos, how many resources you need to dedicate to healing, the amount of time you have to stack buffs, how many pips a wizard needs to combo you and defeat you. Health buffer is a hugely important factor. What do you mean you barely get resists and attacks? Ice with the dm gear gets more attack and resist with balanced stats than any of its other previous gear sets.
It isn't much... I just did pvp. I had shields. They were all piercing and doing two thousand damage per attack.
It is not fair.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
The Fire on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
Disagree, Ice is not meant to be anything like storm, so if I am understanding correctly to your logic Ice should be as powerful as storm, have as much pierce, have more block, and have more resist. Thats a little much don't ya think? Coming from an Ice wizard too I completely disagree. Now Ice is becoming like storm and whining about every little change in the game.
I'm not saying we should have more damage, I'm saying we need more resist and pierce.

Look at the wands, and I hate saying this over 500 times. We got the same critical block and critical rating, but we get different pierce? Storm is offensive, not supposed to have the same criticial block as an Ice wizard.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
I beg to differ. Ice still gets a ton of health (like someone else said). Resist? Even if you DID get a ton of resist, all of it would be useless. Shadow Shrike+Infallible+Gear Armor Piercing, Resist wouldn't help you much anyway.
Are you saying you want more damage, critical, etc? If so, then Ice would have both defense and offense, and would be op. Critical block, however, I can agree with. Another thing, just because we aren't ice wizards, that doesn't mean we don't have access to looking at the stats (cough cough duelist101's gear guide cough cough), so don't go around saying ''ur not ice you dont understand''. While I suppose critical block could be slightly adjusted, Ice Darkmoor gear is not weak.

-Sarah Waterbreeze, level 95

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
It is weak.. I saw a storm with more critical block and accuracy than me.

If storm is meant to be all power, why do they have more critical block, or the same critical block, and accuracy? All I want is just more resist and block, because honestly, like you said, shrike and pierce, we are dead, even with the mass health it gives us.

Survivor
May 14, 2011
eSnowFrost on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
It isn't much... I just did pvp. I had shields. They were all piercing and doing two thousand damage per attack.
It is not fair.
Ice isnt that underpowered. The darkmoor gear gives tons of health which provide a huge advantage in pvp. Ice was never meant to be like storm, and it never will be. If ice was given as much pierce as other schools, storm fire etc. It would completely change the purpose of ice wizards. I am an ice wizard myself and i find it perfectly fine, except for the block, which is needs to be increased.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
eSnowFrost on Dec 28, 2014 wrote:
It is weak.. I saw a storm with more critical block and accuracy than me.

If storm is meant to be all power, why do they have more critical block, or the same critical block, and accuracy? All I want is just more resist and block, because honestly, like you said, shrike and pierce, we are dead, even with the mass health it gives us.
Well yeah storm got the high right edge of the stick which leaves ice down in the dumps.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Sarah Waterbreeze on Dec 25, 2014 wrote:
I beg to differ. Ice still gets a ton of health (like someone else said). Resist? Even if you DID get a ton of resist, all of it would be useless. Shadow Shrike+Infallible+Gear Armor Piercing, Resist wouldn't help you much anyway.
Are you saying you want more damage, critical, etc? If so, then Ice would have both defense and offense, and would be op. Critical block, however, I can agree with. Another thing, just because we aren't ice wizards, that doesn't mean we don't have access to looking at the stats (cough cough duelist101's gear guide cough cough), so don't go around saying ''ur not ice you dont understand''. While I suppose critical block could be slightly adjusted, Ice Darkmoor gear is not weak.

-Sarah Waterbreeze, level 95
Alright, then in continuation of my comment, (and perhaps an edit) you have more than enough resist. In my last comment, I said resist was useless, but I thought of a counter.You can shield a TON. Get myth dispel tc if required. The shield will counter shrike and everything else, while the resist you have does the rest.
''All I want is just more resist and block'', oh really? That's interesting, cause your first comment said something different. ''They need to change Ice stats and increase it. More accuracy, damage, critical rating, critical block, power pips, just increase everything.'' Well you don't need more resist as I stated a counter in my first paragraph. Block, again, I agree with. Storm has more accuracy because it needs accuracy. If we fizzled every time, we wouldn't stand a chance in pvp.. you, on the other hand, have 10% more accuracy than us.
Also, have you even looked at the leader boards? 400 ice, the most on the leader boards. That's obviously saying something.

-Sarah Waterbreeze, Level 99 (one level from exalted )

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
It annoys me so much how you think health is an advantage, it really isn't. Our resist is gone because of all the pierce they get. I can not even block critical attacks anymore. The storm wand gives 7+ more pierce than the Ice wand, but we got the same critical block, does that make sense to you? It does not make sense to me, considering how unfair that is and how Ice and Storm are different schools. To make it fair, they should increase Ice critical block or decrease the storm critical block.

How is it they can land criticals on me, but I can't land criticals on them , because they keep blocking it.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
eSnowFrost on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
It annoys me so much how you think health is an advantage, it really isn't. Our resist is gone because of all the pierce they get. I can not even block critical attacks anymore. The storm wand gives 7+ more pierce than the Ice wand, but we got the same critical block, does that make sense to you? It does not make sense to me, considering how unfair that is and how Ice and Storm are different schools. To make it fair, they should increase Ice critical block or decrease the storm critical block.

How is it they can land criticals on me, but I can't land criticals on them , because they keep blocking it.
You're sort of right, health is and isn't an advantage at this point. But what's the point about complaining about storm? No school can block storm, their pierce is insane and leaves no school safe (even if they set for storm they can still shrike and destroy the opponent) and Storm has 4+ pierce than the Fire wand (which I think is unfair considering it's the second strongest school, I think ice deserves the 9 pierce while Fire gets bumped up to 11). Anyways, I am pretty sure Kingsisle intended this gear to be balanced toward block since almost everybody who has the Malistaire Set has the same block. If Kingsisle were to higher Ice's block everybody would say that Ice got buffed because they're favored and that they are overpowered... Would you really want that to go on again.... Also if they buffed the block most likely they would probably buff Fire, Myth, Balance, Death, and Life's block too. If Ice got 130 on the boots why not give Balance, Death, and Life 120 and Fire and Myth 115 and keep storm at 105 seems pretty fair now. How about the wand? Let's keep Storm at 13 pierce, buff Ice to 11 with Balance, Life, and Death, and keep Fire and Myth down in the dumps at 9. I do however feel Ice needs a little more critical, since they simply can't compete with the new offensive age of PvP.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
eSnowFrost on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:

Okay, think about it for a moment. Let me ask you one thing: Why do storms usually die so easily? The answer? We don't have enough health to counter everything.
You, on the other hand, have enough health to survive a couple attacks. Smart ice can heal themselves, and shield repeatedly to counter the piercing, so your resist will still work.

Again, we agreed on your block statement. But please stop acting like health doesn't matter, and that you can't counter the piercing. Instead of whining about it, find a way around it.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008

I want real stats

"I don't wanna be known as a health sac" Well then why did you join the ice school? Ice was made to absorb damage and you achieve that by being a "Health Sac." And before you go "Ur not ice u don't understand" I am an exalted ice wizard that is fine with the gear. Yes the critical block is frustrating but you're only using the wand as the base for this argument, why not the other pieces of gear? Try playing a storm wizard and seeing how much health makes a difference because it matters, A LOT.