Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I keep on getting the same pet!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2014
For two weeks now I have bred my Yuletide spirit five times, but each time I get the Yuletide spirit!
I spent 40K on breeding a Forest beast (PG 72) with my Yuletide spirit (PG 62) and only got a slightly improved copy.I'm just kind of tired of getting the same pet over and over again who's PG never goes more than 65.

Is this suppoused to happen?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2013
Nicole ShadowSong on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
For two weeks now I have bred my Yuletide spirit five times, but each time I get the Yuletide spirit!
I spent 40K on breeding a Forest beast (PG 72) with my Yuletide spirit (PG 62) and only got a slightly improved copy.I'm just kind of tired of getting the same pet over and over again who's PG never goes more than 65.

May be. But maybe you're just unlucky enough to get the same pet while breeding five times.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Sometimes it happens that a certain pet will have dominance, usually a crown pet.
I have a storm snowman pet that is like that and I just get the same talents too. so annoying!

However, when I do hatch my own pets I usually get a good result with the pet I want on the left hand side and the talents I want on the other. Just keep at it and you should be successful.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
It has been my experience that when you mix a crown pet and a quest or drop pet

the crown pet takes dominance most of the time.

Though many times you can pick up some nice traits from the 'lesser' pet.

I tend to farm bosses (such as loremaster) that supply lots of things to sell at the bazaar to fund my pet hatchings and better pet snacks.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Nicole ShadowSong on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:

It's what they call now a fail hatch.
From my experience in hatching there are following percentages on what pet you get.
35% you get the pet you hatch with.
65% you get your pet back.

That is based off my own personal experiments out of 100 hatches that I recorded.
Now for different people it may work differently.
My suggestion keep hatching the pet.

Nicholas Star

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Wizrobes on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
Sometimes it happens that a certain pet will have dominance, usually a crown pet.
I have a storm snowman pet that is like that and I just get the same talents too. so annoying!

However, when I do hatch my own pets I usually get a good result with the pet I want on the left hand side and the talents I want on the other. Just keep at it and you should be successful.
That isn't true.
It doesn't matter if it is crowns or not same thing.

Nicholas Star